A couple of village idiots (1 Viewer)

Otis

And you get world wide protesting and burning of flags and attacks against embassies etc.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1LU7t3mSHo&feature=related[/video]

These guys sum up the whole thing nicely.

Have to say that humans are pretty dumb at times.

Nick

Administrator
Religion, a massive cause of war. I think the world would be a better place without it.

wolfie

Religion, a massive cause of war. I think the world would be a better place without it.
<br />
<br />
I also agree. 10 commandments are a good guide line for a good life. But not to be taken too seriously.

Tad

We should let the middle east be. We simple don't get on with them in any way shape or form. If they want death and destruction in the name of religion, then let them be. We should be trying to sort our own problems out, not there's.

Otis

But this was just some right wing nutter in the US who made this film and it played to an audience of just 10 people.

The US weren't doing anything.

It was just some moron making a really dumb film.

Tad

But this was just some right wing nutter in the US who made this film and it played to an audience of just 10 people.

The US weren't doing anything.

It was just some moron making a really dumb film.

Exactly. So why start flag burning etc. It's utter bollocks. we should just leave them be. If they want to flip out over little things, then fine. Just don't bring down the rest of the world down with it.

Our cultures simple don't mix.

Last edited:

Otis

The word is that 99% of the protestors haven't even seen the film but have merely heard about it.

There is no rationality to it all.

What happened to reasoning and debate and argument?

:(

Tad

The word is that 99% of the protestors haven't even seen the film but have merely heard about it.

There is no rationality to it all.

What happened to reasoning and debate and argument?

:(

They don't do any of that there. They flip out over what we consider to be the smallest of things. Sorry, but I really do think we should leave them too it. Just completely pull out of that part of the world. And let them be. One of the biggest faults the UK has I feel. We should focus on ourselves and fixing our own problems more then others.

Last edited:

Tad

It is like when the fella drew a cartoon of mohammed!

Makes me laugh. They want "respect" for their way of life and that's fine. But where's our respect? Why should we help, respect them etc when they completely reject everything we do. It's a joke.

Otis

But if we don't have embassies out in these countries then any British or US travelers are going to get no help or protection in times of any difficulty whatsoever.

If we do still have embassies out there the embassies are going to be targeted when silly stuff like this happens.

Tad

But if we don't have embassies out in these countries then any British or US travelers are going to get no help or protection in times of any difficulty whatsoever.

If we do still have embassies out there the embassies are going to be targeted when silly stuff like this happens.

True. But where was the gov when all this happened? Why weren't they being stopped? Have they made any arrests etc? From what I've heard, they haven't even bothered. They've just let it happen. Which means they aren't protecting the US embassy anyway.

You are right, but if our embassies are out there they need protecting by the countries there in too. Seems to me like there not getting any.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread