"A club that could move quickly" (1 Viewer)

Sky Blues

Interesting words from Robins in the Daily Mail today:

'This is a magnificent football club,' he said, 'Coventry is a club that was in the top-flight when I was growing up and wouldn't be out of place should we return there.

'This is a job to relish. I'm not surprised at what I have walked into, however.

'Having worked with the players for four days, I know they have decent attributes but the mentality needs changing.

'There is an air of negativity. We have to change that. It will change but it will take time.

'It's a club that could move quickly. But it's a long way off. Don't hold me to a time-scale. Look at the likes of Norwich and Southampton who have ended up with back-to-back promotions.

'It will turn and things will become more positive and far clearer in due course.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...rk-Arsene-Wenger-selection.html#ixzz27Z3BAcKd

skyblueman

The more I hear from him the more I like Robins - have a very good feeling about him - he's beginning to restore some of that hope I had before we started the season

Sky Blues

More from Robins in the Independent:

"There is an air of negativity around from everybody I speak to," Robins observed, adding: "We've got a group of players here who've been battered from pillar to post. We've got to start being positive with them."

And this:

He cites Norwich's success in rebounding from the third tier as cause for hope for Coventry. "[This] is a magnificent football club, it is a club that was in the top flight when I was growing up and one that wouldn't be out of place in the top flight should it return there, should we make sure the building blocks are in place. Don't get me wrong, it's a long way off but you look at Norwich, Southampton who have done particularly well and ended up with back-to-back promotions."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/p...-banish-the-gloom-from-sky-blues-8175960.html

ccfcway

no offense to robins, but this talk is the "3 year plan" that SISU wanted to hear, hence he got the job..

They backed Thorn as he talked the 3 year plan as well...

that lastest 3 games into this season

Robins doesnt need to put a time scale on it, he will be judged at the end of the season.

Macca

I like his honesty and he is happy to infer that the players need to change unlike previous bosses who defended the undefendable. I have nothing to base my optimism on but as Mr Burns would say "I like the cut of his jib"

Nick

Administrator
I guess it is a good sign he is coming out and saying things like this rather than the "I don't know why it keeps happening" that we are used to hearing.
If he has spotted the issue and is going to work on fixing it then I hope he does fix it and we can win some games :)

smileycov

Facebook User
"There is an air of negativity around from everybody I speak to," Robins observed, adding: "We've got a group of players here who've been battered from pillar to post. We've got to start being positive with them."

That is true about the fans. He wants to improve the feeling yet people leap on him and the players at every turn. The confidence will grow as soon as the fans appreciate that we have hit bottom but are slowly getting to our feet. Players (kilbane) say they know they are not performing and need to alter that, but are slaughtered as soon as they admit it. Its a new begining, draw a line under it and see how this season pans out with the support getting behind the club in all it is trying to do.

Otis

As he says, it will take time.

There should be no expectation on him this season. Give him chance to bring in his players and then see what he can do with them.

We brought in 10 players before Robbins came and none of them are exactly pulling up any trees are they!

Skybluestu82

Can we start a 'sky blue glasses' campaign??

Hear me out......

We've had the anti SISU campaigns and the constant bad feeling that has been present for at least the last couple of years, we have however rarely, if never, had a let's get behind the club and players campaign.

My thinking is that if everyone, or even a third of people who attend match days, really got behind the club, players and staff, losing or not, bad pass or not and dare I say it not the greatest amount of effort or not, I think it will really turn things arround for all of us. Us as fans would naturally start feeling less stressed and down and out, the players will be shocked by not being berated everytime they touch the ball or do something wrong and we can actually start to build what is the most important thing and that is a 'culture' of being positive.

A culture is one of the most important factors in business so why should footy and most importantly CCFC be any different?

At the minute our culture is negative, which everybody naturally hates and the new manager can see after two days. Everyone knows its there but in my view, we as the fans are the only ones who can change it.

The likes of Norwich and Southampton have fantastic support and have a all important culture about the place. This is how WE will be able to impact on OUR clubs future.

So in a nutshell, let's sart the sky blue glasses campaign, get everyone involved including the likes of Jan who have been instrumental in previous campaigns. This Campaign allows us to Leave the negativity behind and view everything we do thru sky blue tinted glasses.

I guarantee if people actually make a conscious effort to make this a reality, it will be infectious and will get that 12th man mentality back for good. It's like when you smile and it releases endorphins which make you happier, win win!

I'm starting now, Play up sky blues!!!!!

Please join in and lets say goodbye to the dark old days that we have been living thru!

I know it is easier said than done but it's starts with us so lets stop all moaning and negativity and do what we all want, and be positive ad happy. Afterall, who wants to pay every saturday to go and have a good moan and walk away from the ricoh feeling awful.

Let's all sing together!!!! Play up sky blues!!!!

Godiva

But we've just bought half a Ricoh. So do we or dont we have money? I have no idea which direction the club will go in. We know so little still about SISU I wouldnt rule out investment in the squad.

We have not bought anything yet. Headlines about acquiring of Higgs 50% shares of ACL have been agreed, but there's a long way to go before it actually materialize.

The club doesn't have the money to buy the shares, so sisu will have to find the funds.

stupot07

But we've just bought half a Ricoh. So do we or dont we have money? I have no idea which direction the club will go in. We know so little still about SISU I wouldnt rule out investment in the squad.
We need to buy a stake in the stadium to become stop losing money and become self sustaining, not to pay for signings.

We will not do a Norwich/Southampton, and to suggest it is only going to unrealistically raise expectations.

skyblueman

We need to buy a stake in the stadium to become stop losing money and become self sustaining, not to pay for signings.

We will not do a Norwich/Southampton, and to suggest it is only going to unrealistically raise expectations.

Owning the whole stadium will not stop us losing money - we need more support and more revenue from the higher leagues - that is the only realistic way - OR we have a squad who are happy on £20 a week

stupot07

Owning the whole stadium will not stop us losing money - we need more support and more revenue from the higher leagues - that is the only realistic way - OR we have a squad who are happy on £20 a week

That is true, but owning part or all of the stadium is part of that jigsaw.

The Reverend Skyblue

no offense to robins, but this talk is the "3 year plan" that SISU wanted to hear, hence he got the job..

They backed Thorn as he talked the 3 year plan as well...

that lastest 3 games into this season

Robins doesnt need to put a time scale on it, he will be judged at the end of the season.

I agree, its what he should be saying, but and its a BIG BUT, when Thorn said it he was unqualified and totally inexperienced in his position, but Robins is an both qualified and experienced in management.

I have said before, Thorn knew what he would accept from the team, but the difference is, Robins knows what he will expect from the team. Its a totally different mindset.

I'm happy with Robins and i know its still going to be a long long road back to the top division, but i really feel at last that on this road we are going in the right direction, and not the direction opposite under Thorn too oblivion

Have faith, and just accept it will take time, but we will get there

The Rev

torchomatic

I agree, Otis. However after every defeat we are inundated with "we should beat teams like...." posts.

There should be no expectation on him this season. Give him chance to bring in his players and then see what he can do with them.

We brought in 10 players before Robbins came and none of them are exactly pulling up any trees are they!

stupot07

stu give him a break he deserves full support from all

Where have I slated Robins? He has my full support, just don't think highlight Norwich and Southamptons success if a wise move as it is hugely unrealistic and only raises expectations, which adds pressure on him and the players.

We're joint bottom of the league and like torchy says every defeat is met with 'we should be beating teams like that....'.

SkyBlue_Bear83

This is rubbish, why shouldn't there be any expectations of him this season? He has already bought in 4 new players to the club and a new coach to the club. Surely we have 7 other players at the club that can do a job in the team

I'm not expecting play offs from where we are but there should definitely be an expectation. Give him a few months to get his style an message across to the players and then from Christmas onwards I would expect us to be showing some good form and have a strong end to the season ready to kick off next season at full steam, I still think play offs should be an aim an not out of reach but not an expectation

Nonleagueherewecome

I think the Greek economy just needs backing:they have a culture of negativity.

Oh yeah, and no money....

CCFCSteve

Can we start a 'sky blue glasses' campaign??

Hear me out......

We've had the anti SISU campaigns and the constant bad feeling that has been present for at least the last couple of years, we have however rarely, if never, had a let's get behind the club and players campaign.

My thinking is that if everyone, or even a third of people who attend match days, really got behind the club, players and staff, losing or not, bad pass or not and dare I say it not the greatest amount of effort or not, I think it will really turn things arround for all of us. Us as fans would naturally start feeling less stressed and down and out, the players will be shocked by not being berated everytime they touch the ball or do something wrong and we can actually start to build what is the most important thing and that is a 'culture' of being positive.

A culture is one of the most important factors in business so why should footy and most importantly CCFC be any different?

At the minute our culture is negative, which everybody naturally hates and the new manager can see after two days. Everyone knows its there but in my view, we as the fans are the only ones who can change it.

The likes of Norwich and Southampton have fantastic support and have a all important culture about the place. This is how WE will be able to impact on OUR clubs future.

So in a nutshell, let's sart the sky blue glasses campaign, get everyone involved including the likes of Jan who have been instrumental in previous campaigns. This Campaign allows us to Leave the negativity behind and view everything we do thru sky blue tinted glasses.

I guarantee if people actually make a conscious effort to make this a reality, it will be infectious and will get that 12th man mentality back for good. It's like when you smile and it releases endorphins which make you happier, win win!

I'm starting now, Play up sky blues!!!!!

Please join in and lets say goodbye to the dark old days that we have been living thru!

I know it is easier said than done but it's starts with us so lets stop all moaning and negativity and do what we all want, and be positive ad happy. Afterall, who wants to pay every saturday to go and have a good moan and walk away from the ricoh feeling awful.

Let's all sing together!!!! Play up sky blues!!!!

Well said ! What I found pretty disheartening on Saturday was we had a bit of bad luck (ish) with the pen and the fans fell silent, rather than thinking lets get behind them again, we can still win this. I dont necessarily blame the fans, its been a sh*te time for a while but I do feel that if the fans gave the players lift at certain times rather than silence, booing etc it would give them the confidence to perform.

Skybluestu82

Well said ! What I found pretty disheartening on Saturday was we had a bit of bad luck (ish) with the pen and the fans fell silent, rather than thinking lets get behind them again, we can still win this. I dont necessarily blame the fans, its been a sh*te time for a while but I do feel that if the fans gave the players lift at certain times rather than silence, booing etc it would give them the confidence to perform.

Certainly not helping the cause is it?

I remember when we'd go a goal down and drown out the opposition fans with the whole ground start signing "sky blue army" used to send shivers down my spine!

RichieGunns

We have not bought anything yet. Headlines about acquiring of Higgs 50% shares of ACL have been agreed, but there's a long way to go before it actually materialize.

The club doesn't have the money to buy the shares, so sisu will have to find the funds.

They would have only agreed to the sale on the proviso that SISU submitted proof that they had the funds. Thats what held the deal up for so long because SISU wouldn't provide those details.

With this in mind im pretty sure they do have the money!

Godiva

They would have only agreed to the sale on the proviso that SISU submitted proof that they had the funds. Thats what held the deal up for so long because SISU wouldn't provide those details.

With this in mind im pretty sure they do have the money!

I don't think they have actually agreed anything but headlines. That means they have agreed on what is sold, at what price, on what conditions and within what timeframe.
They may also have agreed a new rent, size of escrow pool and how to handle the outstanding rent payments.

So from that sisu have not yet been forced to show a bank statement (although they may have had to deposit a percentage of the price on a secured account).

Anyway - I replyed to a post stateting that the club had already bought half the stadium and said the club in reality haven't bought anything yet. And that it may still be a while before it happens.

blueflint

Where have I slated Robins? He has my full support, just don't think highlight Norwich and Southamptons success if a wise move as it is hugely unrealistic and only raises expectations, which adds pressure on him and the players.

We're joint bottom of the league and like torchy says every defeat is met with 'we should be beating teams like that....'.
wasn't havin a go at u m8 just think the forum in general is not prepared to back him too much negativity on here. i was guilty of that earlier as well

Hateley's Heed

"A club that could move quickly"

Getting in some players that can would be a start!

Users who are viewing this thread