A Championship Club, how long will it take? (1 Viewer)

Grendel

So Grendel if they offered Hoffman the club for £1 do you think he would buy it or call it a basket case?
I'd buy it for £1. I'd be all over it.

Well that’s fascinating- how would you handle the debts and accumulated interest in the two master funds which total £20 million and rising?

Grendel

While we are at it Paxman how would you deal with the associated debts from SBS and L which total £60 million

Paxman II

Well that's it then....this football club better shut down immediately huh?

Not coming back and forth here, I only have so much attention span in between Netflix and Amazon Prime :)

Brighton Sky Blue

It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

Debt is never an issue.

Every club, the biggest clubs in the world have 500 million in debt. Man United and Tottenham for example.

All other big clubs are 100s of millions in debt. Brighton 260m in debt.

Doesn't mean they are worthless.

Governments are trillions in debt.

Money makes money. How wealthy you are is as much about how much you can borrow and service the debt. Hence the credit rating agencys. Etc etc.

It's all about having an income to service our debt.

Last few years we are spending to our means. We have a value. That value is potential is a fan base. Can't buy a fan base even if it's divided at the moment.

We don’t have a ground to play in never mind own one.

standupforcity

Will stopping up mean our “budget” will be increased. As I see it our problem to getting higher up the football ladder is how this club is currently run. Due to our poor financial position enhanced by this ridiculous on going ground situation which pre-pandemic was losing the club (business) over a quarter of a million quid each home GAME that’s over six million quid down the drain, leaving us financially hamstrung. We have loan players vital to our current first team structure who have to be replaced every season before we replace any others who are sold. How can you build a squad bonded together with team spirit etc that way.

But it’s now become engrained in supporters. One of the main topics on this website at the moment is how much will we get for Hamer and when, ffs! he’s only been here five minutes trouble is I’m certain Joy is saying/ thinking the same
team manager Robins will be lucky to get 10% of any transfer fee for team building in my opinion while our current owner is here. Hopefully there will be a tipping point and she sells and goes maybe a negative from this EU complaint
But we are bonded together with team spirit... it's the key to our success at the moment... something money can't buy.

Sick Boy

Yes I’m sure he would or his consortium would, I have no opinion on Hoffman or anyone else but I reckon a bad Hoffman would be better for us than a good Joy Sepalla
No thanks.
Wasn’t in favour of closing down the academy?

Sky Blue Harry H

It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

Debt is never an issue.

Every club, the biggest clubs in the world have 500 million in debt. Man United and Tottenham for example.

All other big clubs are 100s of millions in debt. Brighton 260m in debt.

Doesn't mean they are worthless.

Governments are trillions in debt.

Money makes money. How wealthy you are is as much about how much you can borrow and service the debt. Hence the credit rating agencys. Etc etc.

It's all about having an income to service our debt.

Last few years we are spending to our means. We have a value. That value is potential is a fan base. Can't buy a fan base even if it's divided at the moment.
Was it you that fell arse over tit on the pitch (steward?) at an away game about 3 seasons ago - it was either down south, or at Walsall way. I worried for your head that day, as you took a bit of a hit, but you've obviously regained some of your faculties!

Londonccfcfan

Was it you that fell arse over tit on the pitch (steward?) at an away game about 3 seasons ago - it was either down south, or at Walsall way. I worried for your head that day, as you took a bit of a hit, but you've obviously regained some of your faculties!
Erm lol no..wtf you on about ? Seems like you got the knock to your head lol.

Sky Blue Harry H

Erm lol no..wtf you on about ? Seems like you got the knock to your head lol.

Haha - it's another poster on here (I've mixed you up with - apologies. I saw it happen at the time, and then whoever it was posted about it on here (misremembered it as you)!

covcity4life

Already feel like one because of the way we play and compete with all the other teams

Buying more players We already know will probably cement it i guess

Users who are viewing this thread