A ccfc uprising, a new type of protest (1 Viewer)

Badgerdan

How about a new type of protest, something bigger that'll get good media coverage?

I suggest surrounding the entire ricoh, all fans side by side hours before the game. It'll look great from the air and would (if we get enough to turn up) gather great media coverage as its a different style of protest.

It wouldn't be a boycott as our boys need us so we'd organise to start at say 1pm and stop at 2pm or for example.

We'd need a bit of time to gather interest and let everyone know so would have to wait for a later game but how about boxing day ? More people come to those matches. We could then have volunteers in all parts of the stadium printing out and handing out flyers advertising the peacefull protest so everybody knows all the details

What do you all think?
PUSB

Rich

You'd be lucky to get enough fans to encompass the Ricoh mate. In fact you'd be lucky to get enough to encompass the Jimmy Hill (legend) Statue.

Badgerdan

Yeah, I kind of know that but am hoping for a sudden huge uprising of some kind. People aren't turning up to matches anymore so am hoping one huge, joint gathering would be something good for the fans and something we can all get our teeth into and actually feel like we can take some kind of control back.

Any big protest is great just needs to be very different, organised properly in good time and serious.

Just look at Libya :) power to the people, power to ccfc fans :)

Rich

Just look at Libya :) power to the people, power to ccfc fans :)

You need to tempt people in this country. Advertise that the Ricoh will be open for looting after the protest and you will have thousands of Scousers and Mancs joining in, no problem.

albatross

need to keep it simple.

Stop buying the program on Match Day that will be a 10K plus hit in revenue for sisu even on a poor Saturday.

Organise a support Andy Thorn day. Pick one of the games over the christmas break when you will get a good crowd (and can claim success) and support Andy Thorn wih Banners etc... you'll soon get the crown singing that. Sisu cannot raise a finger against any supporter even though they know that it is an antis sisu protest. Even better on that day dont buy the program!

Rich

An Albatross and a badger posting on the same thread, next thing someone calling themselves Unicorn will be along to contribute :p

dadgad

"Support Andy Thorn protest" will confuse the average fan.
They won't know whether to sing or cry.
Could work if properly organised and be a bit of fun.:)

skyblueinBaku

need to keep it simple.

Stop buying the program on Match Day that will be a 10K plus hit in revenue for sisu even on a poor Saturday.

Organise a support Andy Thorn day. Pick one of the games over the christmas break when you will get a good crowd (and can claim success) and support Andy Thorn wih Banners etc... you'll soon get the crown singing that. Sisu cannot raise a finger against any supporter even though they know that it is an antis sisu protest. Even better on that day dont buy the program!
I like this idea. Nice one, Albatross. :claping hands:

How about a new type of protest, something bigger that'll get good media coverage?

I suggest surrounding the entire ricoh, all fans side by side hours before the game. It'll look great from the air and would (if we get enough to turn up) gather great media coverage as its a different style of protest.

It wouldn't be a boycott as our boys need us so we'd organise to start at say 1pm and stop at 2pm or for example.

We'd need a bit of time to gather interest and let everyone know so would have to wait for a later game but how about boxing day ? More people come to those matches. We could then have volunteers in all parts of the stadium printing out and handing out flyers advertising the peacefull protest so everybody knows all the details

What do you all think?
PUSB

Wouldn't ever happen, ccfc fans cant be bothered and will do something when its way too late

The Reverend Skyblue

We really need to do something sooner, someone on another thread suggested a protest march from HR to the Ricoh.Get the media and notify Sky etc and thats a good start.I'm getting angrier by the day so we must act soon. We must unite and fight these parasitic bastards in every way we can, we'll fight them in the streets, we'll fight them in the press,the buildings and all that.
I know we're not at home for a couple of weeks but if we could do something before the next home game it would help. We know from Brinner that SISU hate bad press so we must attack them there.

The Rev

kg82

How about getting the away fans involved as well? Football fans together. Good one would be Brighton on NYE as they're fans will know more than most what it's like to be in this position. But if it wasn't just the home fans it would have more of an impact.

The Reverend Skyblue

Good idea Kg82, Brighton fans would know exactly what we're going through as should any teams who have gone into Admin, obviously each case is different but every one of them have been screwed by the owners.
I offer my time if we can get a battle plan together and i'll be able to come home when i'm needed and at short notice, but time is of the essence and we need to get up and running asap. Lets show these muppetts what we are made of.

The Rev

kg82

Good idea Kg82, Brighton fans would know exactly what we're going through as should any teams who have gone into Admin, obviously each case is different but every one of them have been screwed by the owners.
I offer my time if we can get a battle plan together and i'll be able to come home when i'm needed and at short notice, but time is of the essence and we need to get up and running asap. Lets show these muppetts what we are made of.

The Rev

I've had enough now, I've tried to empathise with the situation SISU are in just to keep a bit of diplomacy. But I really have had enough now, it's so draining thinking about the lack of any ambition at the club now. So I'm with this. Innovative ideas, show a bit of imagination I reckon, not just do the same old thing as every other club. A streaker with "SISU ut" written on his or her bottom (and yes, the "o" is deliberatly missing from out there!), a mass chant at a pre-arranged time in a game for a pre-arranged length of time, every supporter to stand outside the gates until 10 minutes into the game... Things like that (I realise not all may be feasible, I was just brainstorming)

harvey098

I would love to get involved in this. An idea I had was if we all wore blank masks as an ironic message... If the owners are going to be "faceless" then so are we!

The Reverend Skyblue

Innotive is the word kg82, people put ideas forward but we don't have time on our hands, someone said new year against Brighton , i think it was, but i think it's too far away.
On other footballing boards i visit a lot of fans are very sympathetic, very much Brighton and Southampton who nearly fell into the SISU umbrella before us, do feel for us.
But it all comes back to the time limit as come Christmas i dread to think what position we may be in.

The Rev

Badgerdan

You're right Rev, we don't have time but it is great having all these ideas; some of them are brilliant and could be used together. If I had the money I'd buy thousands of black masks and place them on every seat in the stadium myself.
A march is good too, possibly with masks and along side away support somehow would be a great message to everyone and the football league to hurry up and sort out this ownership crap out (are they still thinking about rule changes ie. ownership rules and having faces even when under 10%?)

kg82

Probably right Rev, just seemed like a good one because of their recent past. I think getting the away fans involved too is key. It would show football in a good light too, supporters of different teams clubbing together.

Someone (think it was Harvey) suggested the blank masks to wear. I think that's a good idea.

harvey098

I would love to get involved in this. An idea I had was if we all wore blank masks as an ironic message... If the owners are going to be "faceless" then so are we!

Cheap to make.. Bit different... and I bet it would look quite striking, looking up at 10,000 white masks.

I remember how the zorro masks caught on when leon best fractured his cheekbone.... similar sort of thing anyway.

Badgerdan

Last edited:

The Reverend Skyblue

I've been out the house for a bit , but what about a march with a coffin painted skyblue or draped in a skyblue flag at the front, with everyone wearing a cov shirt from both the present and now, standing for the clubs colours through there history, but also wearing something black, ie trousers armband depicting the inevitable death of our club if SISU do not relinquish the ownership.
The March can be from HR to Ricoh or going for the big one through London past SISU headquarters onto Parliament or downing street. The theme for this could be the plight of not only our club, but other clubs who have been tookover from unfit and unproper groups who have absolutely no knowledge of football or the club, or running of the club, and community it represents
just thinking on my head

The Rev

Badgerdan

I've been out the house for a bit , but what about a march with a coffin painted skyblue or draped in a skyblue flag at the front, with everyone wearing a cov shirt from both the present and now, standing for the clubs colours through there history, but also wearing something black, ie trousers armband depicting the inevitable death of our club if SISU do not relinquish the ownership.
The March can be from HR to Ricoh or going for the big one through London past SISU headquarters onto Parliament or downing street. The theme for this could be the plight of not only our club, but other clubs who have been tookover from unfit and unproper groups who have absolutely no knowledge of football or the club, or running of the club, and community it represents
just thinking on my head

The Rev

I like it Rev, we're really getting something going here :)

We literally are the Sky Blue ARMY! :)

albatross

Any Protest should rely on as many people not being required to doing anything in order to take part ie just be there.

CCFC / SISU have arranged an event on the 26th and 31st of Dec where there will be many thousands of like minded people . The attendance will be bigger any way so claim those extra numbers as support. What you need to do is hi-jack the event with a simple agenda. Support Andy Thorn ...Dont Buy a Program

An overt sign of support for people who are working for the good of CCFC as opposed to those who are not. Support for those who are putting comitment in to CCFC as opposed to those who are looking to get somethig out. The crowd will be on your side and will join in.

Don't buy a program, no effort required but makes the point.

Sure the revenue from tickets will go to SISU but wont make much impact in the overall scheme. The lack of program sales will simply make the point ... here for the team not SISU.

Liking the blank mask idea maybe the telegraph can help out with that. What about hanging sisu out banners from the bridge over the a444 and over the subway from tesco. Getting away fans is great idea we have a couple of weeks till the next home match and these could be the most important ever in the clubs history

cpfcfly

Hi guys, Palace fan in peace.

I've heard what has been happening to Coventry recently and frankly I'm disgusted by your owners. I hate to compare you to Leicester City or Man City but I see no difference in terms that their owners are all greedy a*seholes.

I've got a message and a video for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cOawbR1gwE&feature=related

On the 1st of June 2010 our club faced it's darkest hour. By 3pm that day four Palace fans (Steve Parish, Steve Browett, Martin Long and David Jensen) had to buy the club before the banker's decided to liquidate us. The day before we broke into Selhurst Park and made our feelings heard (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxfoCpffU2g). Don't forget we had only just survived in that 2-2 relegation winner-takes-all a month before!

So we walked to the city, across the Bridge, to Lloyds TSB's headquarters to protest against the liquidation. If we hadn't protested, we'd wouldn't be here right now.

We are now a fairytale story. Our owners are now those 4 Palace fans and they communicate with the fans as fans on our supporter forums via the name CPFC2010, we are 6th when anything above 22nd is a success story, we're taking 5000+ to Old Trafford a week today, and we've got one of the best academies in the league.

So my message is: never give up, always have hope, do what you can to save as much as your club as you can. What you need to do is show how much you hate the owners. We did what we could and we fought for our club after it was ripped apart piece by piece. This kind of thing can unite fans, like it did for us.

I hope that you are able to sort out the mess you're now in. I've been to the Ricoh twice in three years, one of those for the inaugral Palace On Tour Day last year (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2XIl63vc3Y). My computer science lecturer is a sky blue through and through and we occasionally have some banter with him. :D

Good luck (except when we play you ;) )! :laugh:

Last edited:

kg82

Thanks cpfc - I think this is a reason we've decided to post on other clubs boards that have been in a similar position to us in the past. They'll be empathy from their fans and the more people we can get on our side on this the better it looks on and for us. Thanks for the sentiments

cpfcfly

Thanks cpfc - I think this is a reason we've decided to post on other clubs boards that have been in a similar position to us in the past. They'll be empathy from their fans and the more people we can get on our side on this the better it looks on and for us. Thanks for the sentiments

Palace fans know what it's like. Over the past 14 years we've had crap thrown at us by Ron Noades, Mark Goldberg, Simon Jordan and Brendan Guilfoyle (administrator who did a top job with us, Pompey and Plymouth). Now we've got our current owners we can finally believe we've got proper businessmen running the club who also have the club's interest at heart.

Here's the post by CovKev if anyone's interested: http://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=106&tid=116906

Eagles! =)

dadgad

Good man, cpfcfly, so many clubs have been thru or are going thru this crap. Ultimately tho' the club survives....the vultures fuck off and the eagles return

Users who are viewing this thread