A call to Arms !!! (5 Viewers)

Grendel

These threads never work well

I never really see how people can have principles about attending games - seems silly to me - but oh well

Nick

Administrator
These threads never work well

I never really see how people can have principles about attending games - seems silly to me - but oh well
Most of the time it isn't about principles, people only seem to take issue when they make it about that.

People say "just don't want to go" and fair enough. Then you have people try to rant on and go on about principles and that's when they usually don't seem to have a clue what they are on about.

OffenhamSkyBlue

My first night game on Tuesday. Can anyone suggest the best place to park where the car isn't going to get vandalised (no distinguishing features like COV reg plate!)? Little Green Lane area, maybe?
Ta in advance.

SkyBlueCRJ

Most of the time it isn't about principles, people only seem to take issue when they make it about that.

People say "just don't want to go" and fair enough. Then you have people try to rant on and go on about principles and that's when they usually don't seem to have a clue what they are on about.

The fact people have the nerve to claim others HAVE to respect such principles also makes them look equally as idiotic. If you don’t go, fine, but it’s nonsensical to preach on here that fans have to respect such a controversial decision.

Last edited:

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I'm not going to waste my time arguing with people that don't want to go. Everyone is allowed to make their own decision.

For me I haven't boycotted this season but I have been a bit more lazy when it comes to going to games. After the Portsmouth game though, I left absolutely buzzing and felt like that dose of smack couldn't be my last.

I'll be going to Rotherham on tuesday and my advice would be to anyone that hasn't been this season to just try and put anything other than the players, manager, and fans out of their minds.

It might be Birmingham, but it's still fucking enjoyable and the club deserves our support now more than ever. Put your swords away and give it a go. This could be a really special season and feeling a part of it has been incredible so far.

More than happy to meet at half time with anyone that is a bit apprehensive and buy them a pint. Let's make this year ours!

Last edited:

usskyblue

I'm not going to waste my time arguing with people that don't want to go. Everyone is allowed to make their own decision.

For me I haven't boycotted this season but I have been a bit more lazy when it comes to going to games. After the Portsmouth game though, I left absolutely buzzing and felt like that dose of smack couldn't be my last.

I'll be going to Rotherham on tuesday and my advice would be to anyone that hasn't been this season to just try and put anything other than the players, manager, and fans out of their minds.

It might be Birmingham, but it's still fucking enjoyable and the club deserves our support now more than ever. Put your swords away and give it a go. This could be a really special season and feeling a part of it has been incredible so far.

More than happy to meet at half time with anyone that is a bit apprehensive and buy them a pint. Let's make this year ours!

A-Fuckingmen

*Can I have my pint on layaway m8?

GaryJones

Christ - I couldn’t care less if someone wants to go or not - as long as I’m going I’m happy!
This is the best feeling right now - going to games knowing that we are going to give it everything regardless if we go a goal down or the wind is blowing or if the stadium is half empty!
Those who don’t go just take our word for it - City are simply adorable to watch right now - a feast for the eyes - stay at home if you like but I’m going and being entertained to death by my team - we are in it together so PUSB and bring on Tuesday!!!
Every Monday & Friday is feeling like Christmas Eve to a child right now! Ace

Monners

Well said mate. My first night game this Tuesday- stuff the early start for work in the morning!

Great_Expectations

Biggest game of the season so far. A victory will see confidence at an all time high, fans and players a like, and send a massive statement to the rest of the league.

The lazy excuses don’t really cut it for this game. Unless you are working/have other commitments/have physical reasons for not being able to attend, this really is a go to game for those who are genuine about their support for the team.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

If i was to decide to go what would be the best way of getting a ticket at this late stage ? Arena shop ?

GaryJones

Go to the Butts & get tickets - that way you’re less likely to worm out of it at the last minute!

Adge

Go to the Butts & get tickets - that way you’re less likely to worm out of it at the last minute!
But be warned-someone I know went to collect his tickets from the Butts park ticket office and parked for 2 minutes to collect and got a £60 fine.

GaryJones

But be warned-someone I know went to collect his tickets from the Butts park ticket office and parked for 2 minutes to collect and got a £60 fine.
I park in front of the Broomfield Tavern and the 1 minute walk to the ticket office is free. Job done - no pay and display required!

Warwickhunt

I appreciate your well intentioned motives.

Im not going to a "home" game outside Coventry.

Happy seeing win today at Rochdale. Looking forward to Accrington or Lincoln next.
What about the Old Speedway stadium ground on the Binley Rd in Rugby? Would you go then?

Users who are viewing this thread