9 years ago today (3 Viewers)

6 Generations

' All of our Christmas's have come at once'.

Should've said all of our nightmares.

The ninth anniversary of being saved with just 30 minutes to spare is upon us.

Covrock

9 years!!!! That day I went up to the Ricoh and paced up and down, waiting to find out if we were dead. Even had a photo and interview in the CT. I really was over the moon, the club had been saved. Had my season ticket, all seemed good. That lasted about 3 seasons. I could see then that these people were not interested in our club at all. Since giving up my ticket I go when I can be bothered. Which is not very often.I don't believe SISU realise what they have done to the community of Coventry. Going to a game used to be a social day, meeting up in the club for a few pints before the game. Have a great time and having a laugh with people from all walks of life. These days, nothing. The big question for me. If they had not come in and saved us what would have happened to the club? 9 years down the road if we had gone bust could we have risen from the Ashes? Hind sight is a wonderful thing.

matesx

It was on my 40th birthday

at the time it was the best present i could have had

.... oh dear

Ian1779

Up there with signing a deal with the council to build the Ricoh... that was the day the slide began.

Kingokings204

Up there with signing a deal with the council to build the Ricoh... that was the day the slide began.

Didn't sisu know that when they took over? Or are you saying they are so incompetent then didn't know?

jimmyhillsfanclub

I also wish we'd never been "saved"......

....if only to put an end to the pathetic amount of internet space occupied by the same old sisu/ccc/acl/wasps/nopm arguments which are all pointless beyond belief as they are ALL, without exception, massive cunts.

Moff

Where's Natalie Cox on the anniversary, telling us how it was so important to sign the shares over to SISU:asshat:

Moff

haven't seen her in years

she used to be everywhere

Can I be the second person to wish you a happy birthday. I have a forty something birthday coming up as well. As a fellow Sagittarian, you like me must be a top man ;)

Evo1883

SISU's ROLL OF HONOUR

1. Transfer embargoes
2. Points deductions
3. Administration
4. Moved Club from the city
5. Relegation
6. Helped Lose the Ricoh arena to wasps
7. Numerous court cases with CCC
8. Cut the wage bill every year for 9 years
9. Made club staff redundant and operated a ticket office from a table at Coventry rugby club .
10. Helped reduce our average attendance from 21200 to 9100 in 9 years.
11. Multiple board members hired and removed or left.
12. Ticketmaster
13. Text a sub
14. 8 managers
15. Sell all our best players
16. Selling Ryton

Been a great 9 years tbh

Kingokings204

Cant see where Ian said that. I think he was suggesting it was another shit decision.

Oh I know I agree but my point was sisu knew this when they bought the club. They knew the ccc owned the stadium. They should of stayed well away.

ccfcway

SISU's ROLL OF HONOUR

1. Transfer embargoes
2. Points deductions
3. Administration
5. Relegation
9. Made club staff redundant and operated a ticket office from a table at Coventry rugby club .
12. Ticketmaster
13. Text a sub
14. 8 managers
16. Selling Ryton

Been a great 9 years tbh

That's unfair. You haven't put any of the positives on there.

They have....

1. Helped promote diabetes by drawing attention to sky blue sams weight
2. Acknowledged they have made mistakes and will look to establish better communications with the fans (Oyne)
3. Shown us pictures of our new stadium
4. Acknowledged they have made mistakes and will look to establish better communications with the fans (Fisher)
5. Set up a group to determine the colours of the curtains in the new stadium
6. Assembled the best board of directors in the world
7. Acknowledged they have made mistakes and will look to establish better communications with the fans (Joy)
8. Negotiated down from the hundreds of sites in West Midlands down to just two and will be telling us where they are in the near future.

olderskyblue

Where's Natalie Cox on the anniversary, telling us how it was so important to sign the shares over to SISU:asshat:

Yes, she was one of the many (me included) that believed the "clock is ticking" message coming out from the club. I don't recall many dissenters to collecting these shares, except for those that owned them, and one or two others.. Wasn't the general consensus on the message boards at the time that the people moaning about giving back the shares were threatening the existence of the football club?

They were almost as evil as those that went to Sixfields.... ;)

Joy Division

SISU's ROLL OF HONOUR

1. Transfer embargoes
2. Points deductions
3. Administration
5. Relegation
12. Ticketmaster
13. Text a sub
14. 8 managers
16. Selling Ryton
17. Orange Ken sitting on the bench
18. Weeks away from securing land for a new stadium

Been a great 9 years tbh

Brylowes

So which of the "four horsemen of the apocalypse" are they, who are the others,
And are they the last. :vamp:

Calista

thank you and indeed we are
Natalie had her knockers
LOL - just once in a while a post makes my day.
Many happy returns, I’d give anything to be 49. I’m a Sagittarian too, glad we are finally getting some much needed publicity. Any chance of a sub-forum for us Nick? We could discuss archery and stuff.

Bob Latchford

She sent a letter into the C/T saying she's no longer going to go to CCFC games - a few weeks later , I saw her in the North stand .:arghh:

Bob Latchford

Gee , thanks Joy , it's been a blast .

Irish Sky Blue

SISU's ROLL OF HONOUR

1. Transfer embargoes
2. Points deductions
3. Administration
5. Relegation
12. Ticketmaster
13. Text a sub
14. 8 managers
16. Selling Ryton

Been a great 9 years tbh
You missed out ;
17. Losing the academy site
18. Threatening the Trust with legal action,
19 Presided over 3 consecutive FA Cup defeats to lower league opposition
20. Operating a club shop that virtually sold only screen wash for several months

I am sure that with just a little thought this list could be greatly extended.

Ian1779

Oh I know I agree but my point was sisu knew this when they bought the club. They knew the ccc owned the stadium. They should of stayed well away.

They were the councils No.1 choice...

Apart from SISU staying away hindsight says getting into bed with the council was equally as fucked up.

Users who are viewing this thread