8th signing incoming? (1 Viewer)

Skyblueweeman

If we do get one or even two more in today...I have to say, credit to MR and his backroom team again. It's a million times better getting players in before pre-season training commences so they have the benefit of as much time as possible to integrate and learn the way MR and the club like to operate. Yes, some of the signings might be duds but kudos to our management for getting bodies in so they have the most amount of time to work with them.

Especially with everything going on 'off the pitch' as well. Good work.

Sky Blue Harry H

My phone hasn't rung yet this morning, so I can confirm I am not the 'Development Squad player' May throw my shin pads in the bin in a hissy fit.

SkyBlueCRJ

If we do get one or even two more in today...I have to say, credit to MR and his backroom team again. It's a million times better getting players in before pre-season training commences so they have the benefit of as much time as possible to integrate and learn the way MR and the club like to operate. Yes, some of the signings might be duds but kudos to our management for getting bodies in so they have the most amount of time to work with them.

Especially with everything going on 'off the pitch' as well. Good work.

I think you're right I'm a huge advocate of ensuring that if a club brings in a significant amount of signings, the squad needs a full pre-season to gel. MR knew pretty quickly last season that he'd more or less need a squad overhaul last season given the amount of those out of contract, on loan and not forgetting the dead weight that needed shifting but he's handled it brilliantly so far. I think Chris Badlan has been a huge influence as well.

Esoterica

My phone hasn't rung yet this morning, so I can confirm I am not the 'Development Squad player' May throw my shin pads in the bin in a hissy fit.
Pffff, who needs shin pads?!
inventive-1.jpg

Mr Panda

Okay, to be more specific now. My last post somewhere on this forum was 3 signings a defender, a young midfielder and another winger.

The young midfielder will indeed be that lad from Southampton
The defender is of course the lad we've already signed from West Ham.
The winger is dutch, from a club called NAC Breda.

SkyBlueDom26

Okay, to be more specific now. My last post somewhere on this forum was 3 signings a defender, a young midfielder and another winger.

Who is the mid from Southampton?

Nick

Administrator

Any idea on the winger's name?

Looking at their squad

Gervane Kastaneer
Left Winger

Sullay Kaikai
Left Winger

Mikhail Rosheuvel
Right Winger

Giovanni Korte
Right Winger

ceetee

So we get 8 or so new signings before pre- season but if we don't sign anyone on deadline day you can bet people will be moaning about lack of transfer activity.

SkyBlueCRJ

Gervane Kastaneer, Sullay Kaikai, Mikhail Rosheuvel, Mounir El Allouchi

Googled all the wingers or players who can play on the wing for NAC Breda. I assume it's one of these as I've heard we've paid a fee.

EDIT: As he's apparently Dutch according to Panda I'm guessing its Mikhail Rosheuvel

Nick

Administrator
So we get 8 or so new signings before pre- season but if we don't sign anyone on deadline day you can bet people will be moaning about lack of transfer activity.

Some people only watch sky sports and think everything is about one day at the end.

Users who are viewing this thread