8 games to go (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Hopes: Squad stays fit, fired up for a final push and we go on a run taking points off those above us, playoffs here we come

Expectations: niggly injuries/covid continues, season fizzles out and we end up around 13/14th

Skyblueweeman

I think at the start of the season, if you said Top 10, I would've taken it.

After the start we had though, I'll be a bit disappointed if we don't make the play offs.

That said, it's another year of progression so should be commended. For the first time in a few seasons, I feel like we've got a decent spine to the team that I'd be happy to take into next year - Moore, Hyam, Hamer, Sheaf, O'Hare, Gyo and Godden.

clint van damme

I just hope we can keep a flicker of hope alive with 4 points from the next two games

I'm convinced we'll win tomorrow but not confident of getting anything from Forest or Fulham. Would be delighted with top ten, said between 8th and 12th at start of season and stand by that.

Sky Blue Harry H

I'm convinced we'll win tomorrow but not confident of getting anything from Forest or Fulham. Would be delighted with top ten, said between 8th and 12th at start of season and stand by that.

Agree with this - any thing above 3 points from the next 3 games will be a decent performance imo. We haven't had that fluke/brilliant away performance yet (we've had at least 3 at home,- all brilliant - in Sheff Utd, Fulham and Bristol City), so I'm hoping we've saved one for Forest or Fulham (preferably Forest)

slowpoke

Think we have it in us to pick up plenty of points from the remaining games so it’s also in us to sneak the top six, doubt we will though but to be position wise at least top ten would be okay for me but a little narked because we had it in us to be well inside the top six, we have pressed the self destruct button too many times.

ceetee

Very few sides are consistent. All of the top teams have lost games they might have expected to win, but they are more consistent than us because they have more experienced quality players

We exceeded expectations early season, possibly overperformed, and won a few games late as we were fitter. But we weren't consistent enough to maintain that.

Early results gave a lot of fans an expectation of play-offs. Obviously there is still an outside chance but any finish above 12th would exceed my pre-season ambitions and wouldn't disappoint me.

robbiekeane

Here’s what happens. We finish 9th/10th. Lap of honour at the end and a job well done.

O Hare and Hamer go in the summer. Replacements aren’t good enough. relegation battle next season and robins walks. Mowbray second season take two

clint van damme

Here’s what happens. We finish 9th/10th. Lap of honour at the end and a job well done.

O Hare and Hamer go in the summer. Replacements aren’t good enough. relegation battle next season and robins walks. Mowbray second season take two

Apart from the Mowbray return that's very plausible scenario.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

Christ, i thought i was pessimistic! :ROFLMAO:

Surely no chance of the play-offs now, we'd need 7 wins from 8 or thereabouts? I'd be happy with top 10 and an end to the season that felt like we were taking some momentum into the next campaign. What i think will happen is we probably slide to about 13th or 14th. No idea about the summer, not expecting any investment so we'll do well to improve the squad.

rexo87

With all the injuries and sickness, and having watched every game this season, I reckon the most we'll get from now to the end of the season will be 5 points. But what a cracking season we've had.
Wow 5 points from 8 games, you're positive!

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

AOM

Think we'll finish about 6 points off the play offs, which will make some of the recent bad results against poorer teams really annoying.

Been a good season overall though. I was honestly expecting we'd be in a relegation battle before it started so if we finish above last years position, I think that will be a successful season

Johnnythespider

I said 10th at the start of the season and will be happy with that, 11 more points will put us on 66 for the season and then it's all about what happens in the summer as to which way we go next season.

SkyBlueMatt

We won't get playoffs but I just don't want our season to fizzle out completely. If we can finish strong, it puts us in a good place going into next.

If we can finish around 66 points I'll count that as a great season.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

SAJ

Why are Cov fans so negative? 2 seasons ago we wouldn’t get promoted because we couldn’t win away. What happened, we went in a fantastic run home and away and won the league.
Last season with 8 games to go it was all doom and gloom we were going to get relegated again, then we went on a run and cleared relegation by some distance.
This year, I expect every fan is disappointed our form has dropped off since November/ December time but the vast majority realistically didn’t expect us to get to the final 8 games and still have a chance of promotion. Even if statistically it is unlikely.
Robins has said for several years what the model is that he’s working to. He expects to develop players, sell them on and repeat. It’s what he’s done for the last 5 years and we’ve made progress. Yes it’s going to be difficult but that’s why we employ back room staff to identify potential replacements. Yes they will get some wrong but they’ve also got quite a few right.
Why can’t they do it again?

steve101

I think it will be a struggle to move much above where we are. However, nothing would surprise me with this squad. When they look down and out they come back fighting. It has been an impressive season, so I hope at least we have some positive momentum to carry through the summer.

Users who are viewing this thread