70s bands on tour (1 Viewer)

mrtrench

A couple of years ago Magazine reformed, recorded a new album and went on tour. I never saw them live back in the day, so when I got to see them this time around in Bath I was grinning from ear to ear all through the concert.

This evening I am seeing The Pop group in Brighton - another big favourite from around 1979 that I have never seen live. My cup overfloweth.

Don't need to see Specials gigs - saw them plenty for as little as 30p entrance money during the Coventry boom years 1976-1980.
Any similar tales to share?

Otis

I saw 999 play at the Hand and Heart in Coventy a few years back.

They were fat, bald and looked totally fooked up, but sounded amazing and just how they were all those years ago (1977-1979).

mrtrench

999 was my favourite band before the Cure released Three Imaginary Boys & The Comsat Angels 'Waiting for a Miracle'. Although I was mad for punk in the mid 70s, the only band from those days I still listen to is the Clash. And to be honest, that's not the first album so much.

Otis

999 was my favourite band before the Cure released Three Imaginary Boys & The Comsat Angels 'Waiting for a Miracle'. Although I was mad for punk in the mid 70s, the only band from those days I still listen to is the Clash. And to be honest, that's not the first album so much.

I don't listen to it much myself, but do occasionally have a blast of the Buzzcocks or Ramones.

A few years ago I started buying up the best of's for the likes of The Clash, The Adverts, Buzzcocks, Ramones, The Dickies, 999, The Skids, Ian Dury etc.

Must get round to listening to them at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread