6th generation lost (1 Viewer)

skybluetony176

I wasn't really a football fan until I rocked up at HR with some mates. I was there for the beer really. But in 1 visit I was hooked.

That's why we have a crisis with a lost generation. It only takes 1 visit to get hooked and if the 1st visit isn't Coventry they're lost for ever.

covmark

I wasn't really a football fan until I rocked up at HR with some mates. I was there for the beer really. But in 1 visit I was hooked.

That's why we have a crisis with a lost generation. It only takes 1 visit to get hooked and if the 1st visit isn't Coventry they're lost for ever.
My boys first game was a Coventry match. He now hates football. Make of that what you will ;)

valiant15

When did dads become lilly livered soft walkovers?

Ask yourself how you were brought into skybluedom? That's right, you were taken game after game until it sunk in. Or at least I was. Don't see any reason why that should change. It is a duty.

But we can't take our kids game after game can we.

Some twat called tim fisher relocated the club.

sbvet

Banned
It was the liverpool game for me. Emelyn hughes splitting his shorts, the crowd all started laughing in unison. Great passion. How could a young lad not resist but join in?

My day you had Liverpool / arsenal / Man U to look forward to. Now it's a 35 mile journey then Colchester Crawley or Shrewsbury. I thought I had won my son to the sky blue. Since he was 4 he had the replica kits, the sky blue lunchboxes, ffs he named his budgie Oggy! Now he cheers against the sky blues. He sees them as Northampton Sky Blues not Coventry City! As such there is absolutely no connection for him. He now follows premier league.

And how can I blame him really? He wants to watch high quality football, not hoofball on an ex dump but only when it hasn't rained for a month! It was easy for my generation to get involved. We had Top level football opposition. It is easy to get excited by that. 0-0 away to Carlisle on a snowy tuesday evening forget it

oscillatewildly

My best mate is an avid Millwall fan, his son supports Liverpool because he let his son make up his own mind and didn't want to force him into anything. His son also collects football shirts and has more than a dozen of different teams and one of them is a Cov shirt. I have 2 daughters and would never force them to do anything.
Surely it's not about "forcing", but gentle (and if needed) persistent guidance when it comes to choosing which team to follow. I think it's fair to say, none of us if we are avid, or even just keen supporters of a particular club want to see our offspring attired in the shirt of another. However, I would relent if they showed a genuine interest in the sport which I've loved since early childhood and not just the most currently popular and successful team. My daughter shows no interest in football, which is fine. I've recently become a father again, this time to a son. I'm currently living with my missus in an area just outside of B'ham which has always been considered a Villa stronghold.
I'd appreciate any good wishes for what may be a difficult period for me in the next few years.

Users who are viewing this thread