65% wage cap (1 Viewer)

Nonleagueherewecome

This section in the FFP link applies to us -

"iii. Sanctions for clubs relegated to League 1
Clubs relegated to League 1 will not be entitled to any payout derived from the Fair Play Tax and will be required to comply with the FFP rules in operation in that division."

So, yes it appears we'll have to comply with 65% of wages v turnover in time for next season.

The only 'punishment' is a transfer embargo though. Oh...

So essentially, they can't touch us! Our best hope is to hang on to what we've got, mostly, and hope the youngsters have improved enough. The transfer embargo will continue, and that's fine, as it would have for other reasons anyhoo. And even if we weren't under embargo, who honestly thinks SISU would fund any signings? Exactly. The embargo doesn't really make any difference, see? Our only reinforcements will come from the youth team...who we also can't afford to keep...oh :facepalm:

Grendel

Honestly I believe the whole fair play legislation is rubbish. There has to be dispensation for relegated clubs. Say, hypothetically, a club was relegated from the premier league and the championship in successive years and had many players on long term deals. What do you do? Flout employment law and sack them. What turnover is it based on? Prior year (higher division so greater turnover) or a projection on the following year? It's unenforceable and it's a smokescreen. How on earth would you evaluate it? What if it's 66%? What if it's 64.6%? How would you prove it? What about transfers in the season? Forget it.

wingy

Honestly I believe the whole fair play legislation is rubbish. There has to be dispensation for relegated clubs. Say, hypothetically, a club was relegated from the premier league and the championship in successive years and had many players on long term deals. What do you do? Flout employment law and sack them. What turnover is it based on? Prior year (higher division so greater turnover) or a projection on the following year? It's unenforceable and it's a smokescreen. How on earth would you evaluate it? What if it's 66%? What if it's 64.6%? How would you prove it? What about transfers in the season? Forget it.
It'll be like Eu red tape,shifting sands

Grendel

he Football League have voted to introduce Financial Fair Play (FFP) regulations in all three of their divisions starting next season.

The Championship has voted in favour of bringing in a break-even approach based on the UEFA FFP Regulations.

In League One and League Two, clubs will implement the Salary Cost Management Protocol (SCMP) that has been in use in the latter division since 2004/05. The SCMP broadly limits spending on total player wages to a proportion of each club's turnover.

The regulations will be introduced next season on a gradual basis, but sanctions for non-compliance will not be put in place until the 2014-15 season.

Grendel

Cool. So we're okay to sign Rivaldo for one season then?

Actually I'm a bit confused because on another site it says they will be in force next season and that the figure will be 60% the following season. However, to answer the question we would be fine to sign Rivaldo, Messi or anyone else as long as it is before the season commences. Sanctions (i.e. an embargo) takes effect in August. Considering the transfer window ends in August anyway this all looks a bit of a red herring to me.

mustaphasbeard

In light of the problems we'll have dealing with these new rules I find it incredible that Leonard brody was so keen to see them implemented. He must have known the effect it would have on us.

mark82

In light of the problems we'll have dealing with these new rules I find it incredible that Leonard brody was so keen to see them implemented. He must have known the effect it would have on us.

I suspect as they were trying to bring us to a break even position, he knew this would force other clubs spending beyon their means to do the same.

Brighton Sky Blue

Actually I'm a bit confused because on another site it says they will be in force next season and that the figure will be 60% the following season. However, to answer the question we would be fine to sign Rivaldo, Messi or anyone else as long as it is before the season commences. Sanctions (i.e. an embargo) takes effect in August. Considering the transfer window ends in August anyway this all looks a bit of a red herring to me.

You can sign players on loan well after August to be fair Duffy.

Users who are viewing this thread