65% wage cap (1 Viewer)

ROLLO

so after reading the latest press release from the club it got me thinking about the wage cap . with the loss o PL money down from 4m to 800 k this apperantly reduces our income by 1/2 so this leaves us with income of 3.6 m, 65% of this is 2.34m so accounting for running a squad of 24 players we need to average a wage bill of £1,875 a week include youth players in to the equasion this leaves an average of £1700 a week

ok so look at our current first team squad

COVENTRY CITY SQUAD: GOALKEEPERS

COVENTRY CITY SQUAD: DEFENDERS

COVENTRY CITY SQUAD: MIDFIELDERS

COVENTRY CITY SQUAD: FORWARDS

so i would estimate the comes out around 37k with total budget of 40.8k so this would leave room for one or 2 players to be added, of course before i get flamed for this all my numbers are hypothtical and this has has mainly been written out as i worked it out for my own interest but would anone massivle disagree with the figures posted here.

ccfcway

wood turned down 6k from sheff wed so he will be on 7k at least

mcsheff will not be on 4k

ROLLO

i would hope that players do have some kind of relagtion wage drop in there contract especally anyone who renewed this season but if RW is our higest earner i do think he is someone we need to move on for sake of having any money to build a squad

coop

I no for a fact that Conor Thomas earnt £14k when he was in the first team for that month so he will be on more Than £500 a week.He probably earnt more because he was playing with add ons and bonus's etc but I suspect he will be our anchor man all next season if fit.

Last edited:

WillenhallSkyBlues

there's 100% noway Clive platts on 1500 a month I also know from knowing close friends of Gael that he is on £875 a week with a £250 starting bonus with a further £100 if he plays the whole 90 mins although he gives his local church any bonus' he receives

wingy

THe income assumption is off also ,we lose £4.25m. for dropping ,best guess last season was for £6.5m. ,allow for crowd drop off well be lucky to take £1.5-2m. in sales ,add in merchandise £3-400k.,take out the rent even if halved we're fooked.

ROLLO

then i would say we have some very seroius problems indeed if the kids are on that much money we would need to get rid of basicly every senior player to just build a squad, we are in more troble than i thought

Nonleagueherewecome

To the point where never mind the rent, we're totally screwed even without paying it (which we're, erm... emphatically not).

wingy

then i would say we have some very seroius problems indeed if the kids are on that much money we would need to get rid of basicly every senior player to just build a squad, we are in more troble than i thought
And this is the message the club gave Hoffman

ROLLO

THe income assumption is off also ,we lose £4.25m. for dropping ,best guess last season was for £6.5m. ,allow for crowd drop off well be lucky to take £1.5-2m. in sales ,add in merchandise £3-400k.,take out the rent even if halved we're fooked.

seaon tickets 7000 x 3000 2.1 m
4000 walk up average £15 a head 60k x 23 games £1,380,000

total gate revenu 3,480,000
with an average gate of 11k
so i would think your projected income is a litte low

tv money/league paments of 800k to so thats 4.3 m

Last edited:

wingy

Try an average of £180 -200 for ST sales due to free under sevens then all the concessions ,Reduce ST's by 1000 Add in £325k. league money i forgot ,possibly 2-3000 Walk up ,we only managed acouple of thousand when we looked like achieving the great escape,thats about where i see it ,you may be right it,it may be somewhere in the middle.:D

Edit;not forgetting we have overheads Youth squad and management ,executives ,Ryton Matchday employment ,its not all for the first team.

Last edited:

Astute

If we do well attendances will go up. If we do crap the attendances will go down. How many will still go if we keep losing to teams like Carlisle?

Ashdown

I think the under 7 free ticket has been scrapped? Those initial figures from Rollo were way out though on salaries, as that donkey Bell is reputedly on 6.5k per week. I anticipate even with SISU's negative effect 5000 ST's and 3000 walk ups plus 500 away fans on average, plus ancillary income. If SISU hopefully feck off the numbers will be 30% higher.

ROLLO

Those initial figures from Rollo were way out though on salaries, as that donkey Bell is reputedly on 6.5k per week.

thats one of the reasons i posted it up on here i have no idea about the players wages and i was trying to get an idea as to what task were really up against next season

AFCCOVENTRY

With today's statement you have to say we cannot afford to keep the following on the wage bill unless they take a drastic pay cut:

Wood
Keogh
Cranie
Bell
Baker
McSheffrey

pusbccfc

Bigis on 2k a week I assume Clarke about 2k

shmmeee

£1.5m??

That's a gate of 5k season ticket holders! I think well do a fair bit better than that.

shmmeee

And 300k is less than 10k shirts alone, ignoring programmes and all the other stuff we sell.

wingy

£1.5m??

That's a gate of 5k season ticket holders! I think well do a fair bit better than that.
Was going on OSB's best guess for income last year of a round £6.5 m. Leaving £2.5m.i think the average for concessions and free kids brings Overall ST value to around £180--200 ,and expect ST sales to bottom out @6000.

thorninmyside

what does any of this matter?? we are being bought by mega rich chinese!! or even troffman/// dont worry about the money side of things. we will be winning the prem in 4 years

Grendel

It doesn't matter anyway. It's not in play yet and relegated teams get dispensation to adjust. It's a pathetic excuse by the owners not to spend money.

classicfooty

so after reading the latest press release from the club it got me thinking about the wage cap . with the loss o PL money down from 4m to 800 k this apperantly reduces our income by 1/2 so this leaves us with income of 3.6 m, 65% of this is 2.34m so accounting for running a squad of 24 players we need to average a wage bill of £1,875 a week include youth players in to the equasion this leaves an average of £1700 a week

ok so look at our current first team squad

COVENTRY CITY SQUAD: GOALKEEPERS

COVENTRY CITY SQUAD: DEFENDERS

COVENTRY CITY SQUAD: MIDFIELDERS

COVENTRY CITY SQUAD: FORWARDS

so i would estimate the comes out around 37k with total budget of 40.8k so this would leave room for one or 2 players to be added, of course before i get flamed for this all my numbers are hypothtical and this has has mainly been written out as i worked it out for my own interest but would anone massivle disagree with the figures posted here.

so your basically just guessing thats what there on without any facts? what a pointless thread:facepalm:

stupot07

mark82

wood turned down 6k from sheff wed so he will be on 7k at least

mcsheff will not be on 4k

According to my mates who are Wednesday fans, Wood didn't want to leave he was forced out by Megson. Not sure he would have been offered a contract if the manager didn't want him.

Imagine the additional motivation a relegation reduction caluse would bring....I doubt players would accept this nor would we be anywhere near savy to suggest it!:censored:

ROLLO

Imagine the additional motivation a relegation reduction caluse would bring....I doubt players would accept this nor would we be anywhere near savy to suggest it!:censored:

u dont think players might be more motivated if getting relegated hit them in there own back pockets? we might not have had so many lackluster performances if we had have had these clauses and there are defintly other clubs out there that do use them

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
It's starts in league one from this season coming 2012/13. And there's nothing on the football league website about dispensations for relegation clubs in league one unless I've missed it.
http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/FLExplainedDetail/0,,10794~2748246,00.html

This section in the FFP link applies to us -

"iii. Sanctions for clubs relegated to League 1
Clubs relegated to League 1 will not be entitled to any payout derived from the Fair Play Tax and will be required to comply with the FFP rules in operation in that division."

So, yes it appears we'll have to comply with 65% of wages v turnover in time for next season.

The only 'punishment' is a transfer embargo though. Oh...

rob9872

£500 lol many part time conference non league players get that much.

What we need to do is buy the revenue streams. Even if they won't give them up (and why should they) then we could have some kind of reciprical arrangement for an in and out income which should hopefully boost the amount we are allowed to spend. Man City used their own sponsors to purchase tehir ground for £400m so there are ways around it if you want to (albeit on a significantly smaller scale).

rob9872

The biggest flaw highlighted by the guestimates is probably close to reality in the excess we are paying for defenders who are very replaceable at this level and a luxury we can't currently sustain.

Skybluestu

This section in the FFP link applies to us -

"iii. Sanctions for clubs relegated to League 1
Clubs relegated to League 1 will not be entitled to any payout derived from the Fair Play Tax and will be required to comply with the FFP rules in operation in that division."

So, yes it appears we'll have to comply with 65% of wages v turnover in time for next
season.

The only 'punishment' is a transfer embargo though. Oh...
This is correct. We have to adjust straight away. Having had a read today I've found that teams relegated from the prem are given a season to adjust to FFP rules in the championship (not sure if they come into play next season tho). Not looking good really

wingy

£500 lol many part time conference non league players get that much.

What we need to do is buy the revenue streams. Even if they won't give them up (and why should they) then we could have some kind of reciprical arrangement for an in and out income which should hopefully boost the amount we are allowed to spend. Man City used their own sponsors to purchase tehir ground for £400m so there are ways around it if you want to (albeit on a significantly smaller scale).

Rob you're slightly off there as Man City rent their groung @£3m. per an,the £400m. is in sponsorship ,but given their vast income it puts our rent into perspective,i can.t sanction this bunch getting asoft ride ,but how did mcginity +robinson get so badly backshafted into this deal,there has to have been a political stitch up somewhere.:mad::thinking about:

kingharvest

Plus when you say 65% of salaries it's not just the first team. You need to start thinking of the whole business...dunno how many the club directly employs but given the turnover it's got to be somewhere in the region of 80-100?

Users who are viewing this thread