6000 empty seats ? Really ? (1 Viewer)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Just under 27,000 against Maidstone so we're led to believe which means there were almost t 6,000 empty seats
Really ?
Where ?

Last edited:

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Most of the corporate side and the separation between the fans and the tickets not taken up in the family stand, easily 5,000

David O'Day

Just under 27,000 against Maidstone so we're led to believe which means there were at least 5,000 empty seats
Really ?
Where ?
12 and 13 in the corner we closed
The blocks in the other corner by the away fans
There was an empty block in the posh stand
The blocks behind the dug out
Didn't look at the balcony so not sure how full that was
Then all the random seats dotted around

Alan Dugdales Moustache

No way we're there 5000 empty seats .In fact given the capacity of the stadium it's nearer 6000 if the given crowd was correct.
That's the equivalent of the entire south stand empty. Nonsense.

Skybluecol

Does it really matter?
But could be that..... segregation was 1.8k, balcony 1k, corporate 1.6k and another 1k scattered around and mostly in the family stand.

pusbccfc

They need to sort the main stand out.

They are obviously doing a decent effort with the South Stand and Block 13 but it looks ridiculous. That empty block directly in front of the cameras is annoying.

They have to offer a cheaper ticket in that stand. That new Balcony deal is hardly going to attract big numbers.

pusbccfc

Find it interesting that the away end had 4700 in it today. It supposedly holds 6000. How many were lost when they put the screen in?

theferret

You could be missing one in ten among the crowd and not notice it TBH. That’s 2.5k right there.

But they would still be counted if they bought a ticket, and by kick off you couldn't buy a ticket anywhere other than the family section.

theferret

Screenshot_20240227-070537.png
Does seem a touch out. As stated, to fill all the seats you would have to have fitted in the entire Maidstone following again, plus another 1000 on top of that. Not sure where tbh, not that it really matters.

exhallskyblue

Great to see the ground regularly almost full again. It used to be said we didn’t win when there was a”large crowd” Even last season in the championship in feb we was around 17k home attendances. Hopefully this increase continues for a long time.

DannyThomas_1981

That's a fantastic attendance for a Monday night game.
Just think back to the dark days of L1 and L2 with 7-8,000 knocking around the place and the club in freefall.
This may or may not be our season for the top 6 but we have to keep things in perspective (such as Friday night) as to how far we have progressed.
I would not have predicted any of this as we suffered home defeats to the likes of Newport in 2017 with Vincenti and Beavon leading the line.

MTK

I thought the main stand looked poor with all the empty seats. if you can’t sell them surely you could cover them up with a big club badge or something. It would look a bit better. If the corp seats aren’t selling, make a few available to local charities to rearward staff or do some fund raising. I know having upped the expectations in corporate they probably don’t want to dilute the experience by selling cheaper

wingy

That's a fantastic attendance for a Monday night game.
Just think back to the dark days of L1 and L2 with 7-8,000 knocking around the place and the club in freefall.
This may or may not be our season for the top 6 but we have to keep things in perspective (such as Friday night) as to how far we have progressed.
I would not have predicted any of this as we suffered home defeats to the likes of Newport in 2017 with Vincenti and Beavon leading the line.
Build it and they will come!

Boicey

The design of the stadium was never quite right to me. Always feels like a 3 sided stadium with the amount of corporates and press boxes opposite our main body of fans.
But sure at least fill it.

pusbccfc

The design of the stadium was never quite right to me. Always feels like a 3 sided stadium with the amount of corporates and press boxes opposite our main body of fans.
But sure at least fill it.

No idea the exact facts and figures but agree that we seem to have more corporate capacity than most at this level.

It's something we'd be grateful of if we get to the PL. Other clubs are building new stadiums or expanding just to have additional hospitality.

SkyBlueSoul

View attachment 34273
Does seem a touch out. As stated, to fill all the seats you would have to have fitted in the entire Maidstone following again, plus another 1000 on top of that. Not sure where tbh, not that it really matters.
That picture ignores the main stand though which is where a majority of the empty seats were. This screenshot (shit quality I know) is from WLADITT just before kick off. Balcony is sparse, 3 blocks are closed (plus 12 and 13), and family zone isn't full. Can easily see it being 5000 empty seats in total.

1709031140365.png

chiefdave

I get that 2 of those blocks are segregation but what’s with the random empty block in the middle of the stand?

Gynnsthetonic

I get that 2 of those blocks are segregation but what’s with the random empty block in the middle of the stand?
It looks stupid, it's happening at a of our games, at least block 2 was full as isn't this partly reserved for players families and we always have empty seats. We should be looking to reduce the corporate seats and getting fans filling that stand

edgy

That picture ignores the main stand though which is where a majority of the empty seats were. This screenshot (shit quality I know) is from WLADITT just before kick off. Balcony is sparse, 3 blocks are closed (plus 12 and 13), and family zone isn't full. Can easily see it being 5000 empty seats in total.

View attachment 34279

The whole of this stand needs a rethink . Apart from the 2 central blocks around the tunnel, it shouldnt be any more expensive than the opposite stand. The view isn't that great, as I witnessed last night. You can't see down the touchline, as it isnt as steep.

And maybe sell the end 2 or 3 sections of the Balcony as discounted corporate.

CCFCSteve

it just shows how far weve come under the messiah, that we get 27k on a Monday night for cup match vs a non league team.

Marvellous!

Really good atmosphere as well. Didn’t really like the mocking chants (no need against non league but they did sing ‘championship having a laugh’) but mainly good banter between the two sets

Simms song a lot better and nice for Dasilva getting his song when he came on

Showed again when there’s good away support it brings out the best in ours

San Francisco

Really good atmosphere as well. Didn’t really like the mocking chants (no need against non league but they did sing ‘championship having a laugh’) but mainly good banter between the two sets

Simms song a lot better and nice for Dasilva getting his song when he came on

Showed again when there’s good away support it brings out the best in ours

The "Maidstone get battered" chant was cringe.

Users who are viewing this thread