6 Game Mini Season (2 Viewers)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Sure. Still no positive contribution to the first team this season though, which was my agenda point.

We got promoted but I don't think we have particularly strengthened. Given injuries to the squad, we've looked weaker at times.
It's a crap point as he wasn't signed to play in the first team this season. Same as Taveres and camp

You may as well include this kid and every other one offered a professional contract over the last 12 months if you are going down that route

shmmeee

We didn't bring Hilssner with us we bought him this season as we did with DaCosta. If we combined the wages of the 5/6 players that either haven't seen the pitch or have been a disaster when they have then we'd have been able to bring in 1/2 players up to standard.

Nonsense. Firstly we haven’t signed 6 players that haven’t seen the pitch, we’ve signed 1: Hilßner. At a push you’re including Dacosta as well. If you think those two are on a combined £10-20k/week you’re mental.

We’ve signed 7 players total this season, two of those are Tavares and Reid, so unless you’re saying we should ship out Walker, Hamer and O’Hare, Hilßner and Dacosta are all that’s left.

People literally losing their shit because the two cheapest signings we made as backup aren’t starting every game.

Grendel

It's a crap point as he wasn't signed to play in the first team this season. Same as Taveres and camp

You may as well include this kid and every other one offered a professional contract over the last 12 months if you are going down that route

He was due to be on the bench against Birmingham and was injured - he’s not part of the U23 or development squad and was signed as a first team player

Liquid Gold

Nonsense. Firstly we haven’t signed 6 players that haven’t seen the pitch, we’ve signed 1: Hilßner. At a push you’re including Dacosta as well. If you think those two are on a combined £10-20k/week you’re mental.

We’ve signed 7 players total this season, two of those are Tavares and Reid, so unless you’re saying we should ship out Walker, Hamer and O’Hare, Hilßner and Dacosta are all that’s left.

People literally losing their shit because the two cheapest signings we made as backup aren’t starting every game.
I'm not talking about players only bought in this season. We have a group of players that we've signed in the last two years that are just here for a laugh. The strategy looks a massive failure and the budget would have been better used on 1 proven player.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

SkyBlue_Bear83

He was due to be on the bench against Birmingham and was injured - he’s not part of the U23 or development squad and was signed as a first team player
Well he was due to be loaned back to Ross County and was kept a last resort back up to McCallum after giles was recalled.

Not intended for the first team unless a crisis hit

Brighton Sky Blue

I'm not talking about players only bought in this season. We have a group of players that we've signed in the last two years that are just here for a laugh. The strategy looks a massive failure and the budget would have been better used on 1 proven player.

Agreed when you combine Jobello, Kasta, Hilssner, Da Costa

cc84cov

midfield battle is crucial tonight James & Kelly at times against their 3 O’Hare Will need to drop in at times

PVA

You need to go an redo your list then to include this lad and the other youth players who were offered professional deals if that is the criteria you are measuring against

They are part of the budget

Ignore him, he seems to think that every penny of the budget has to be spent on instantly improving the first team and if they don't then they're a bad signing. So your man Ryan Howley must be an atrocious signing in his eyes!

CovLis86

And don't forget to include every physio, coach, admin, water bottle, tin of paint to the list at how useless they have been in the starting 11 because they are all out of 'the budget'. Honestly what a truly nonsensical post.

SkyBlueMatt

We are in exactly the position I thought we would be at the start of the season. A relegation scrap, with the budget of the squad, I'm happy with Robins and the players.

I think the recruitment has been good this season and the past few seasons, sure there has been a couple of players that haven't worked out. Through injury or haven't found their feet yet. To include players that have been signed as prospects in your argument is ridiculous.

I genuinely don't know what some fans expect. If we could sign a player which was guaranteed to perform well in the Championship, would we be able to afford them? No. Fans saying, "we should have signed Joe Bloggs, he would have done a better job that Mike Hunt". Thats their opinion, nothing more, means nothing more than a fart in the wind.

We've had two promotions in three seasons. There will be players still on the books that won't be able to make the step up and thats no fault of the club or the player. We can't magically replace them.

cov donkey kick

We are in exactly the position I thought we would be at the start of the season. A relegation scrap, with the budget of the squad, I'm happy with Robins and the players.

I think the recruitment has been good this season and the past few seasons, sure there has been a couple of players that haven't worked out. Through injury or haven't found their feet yet. To include players that have been signed as prospects in your argument is ridiculous.

I genuinely don't know what some fans expect. If we could sign a player which was guaranteed to perform well in the Championship, would we be able to afford them? No. Fans saying, "we should have signed Joe Bloggs, he would have done a better job that Mike Hunt". Thats their opinion, nothing more, means nothing more than a fart in the wind.

We've had two promotions in three seasons. There will be players still on the books that won't be able to make the step up and thats no fault of the club or the player. We can't magically replace them.
That's right there's always going to be the way that certain squad players see there contracts expire then leave you can't just make them dissappeare.robins has done a good job and we will keep improving season on season.

Paxman II

"So hold onto your seats, there will be a few surprises and to come result wise as the relegation fight heats up, but I'm on the side of doing enough to stay up. We have enough games and fair opposition to do so. No excuse come the end of season"

And so it has proved.

Users who are viewing this thread