6 Game Mini Season (1 Viewer)

Alex1987

A lot of hype but the way I look at it, we need 8 points from 6. Doing so means:

Wycombe can't catch us as can only get 48 points if they win their last 5.
Sheffield Wednesday almost certainly can't catch us as they will need to win their last 5 to hit 50.

That means to get to 50:
Derby need 7 from 5
Huddersfield 6 from 5
Birmingham 5 from 5
Rotherham 11 from 8

I don't see all of the above happening.

Keep the Faith. PUSB

Grendel

That already means we need more points from out games than Derby Huddersfield and Birmingham

Brighton Sky Blue

That already means we need more points from out games than Derby Huddersfield and Birmingham

While having one more game than them to do so. Problem is from the 3 away games I’d be surprised if we got any more than 3 points. So weak away from home

AFCCOVENTRY

A lot of hype but the way I look at it, we need 8 points from 6. Doing so means:

Sheffield Wednesday almost certainly can't catch us as they will need to win their last 5 to hit 50.

That means to get to 50:
Derby need 7 from 5
Huddersfield 6 from 5
Birmingham 5 from 5
Rotherham 11 from 8

Keep the Faith. PUSB

We won’t get 8 points. We average 1pt a game. 6 is tops what we could achieve. Rotherham will finish above us and need to accept that. We need to hope Derby and Huddersfield keep performing poorer than we do.

Alex1987

While having one more game than them to do so. Problem is from the 3 away games I’d be surprised if we got any more than 3 points. So weak away from home

That's the concern. I feel if we can get 4 points from Rotherham and Huddersfield we will be fine, but the away form is concerning.

jordan210

One of the prediction sites has us being relegated on 49 points same as Hud. But going down on goal difference. By 1 goal.

Roth,Derby both on 50 points.

Its going to be close. A win tomorrow will change a lot for us, But doesn't get us out the woods.

Brighton Sky Blue

That's the concern. I feel if we can get 4 points from Rotherham and Huddersfield we will be fine, but the away form is concerning.

If we lose tomorrow we’re then in the weakest position out of any of them. Infuriating really, should never have been in this position. Granted if we win tomorrow we suddenly have a 3 team cushion.

It is a must win for us arguably more than it is for them

AFCCOVENTRY

If we lose tomorrow we’re then in the weakest position out of any of them. Infuriating really, should never have been in this position. Granted if we win tomorrow we suddenly have a 3 team cushion.

It is a must win for us arguably more than it is for them

Basically tomorrow we have a chance to block Rotherham and we move up or we move into the bottom 3 and Rotherham start to move away from us. It’s an absolute critical game and where is Robins fighting talk? Every other manager is going on about 5/6 cup finals to play and we need to fight. All we get from Robins is we are calm and will have a nice chat at Ryton. There’s no fighting talk to show supporters they are up for it.

Brighton Sky Blue

Basically tomorrow we have a chance to block Rotherham and we move up or we move into the bottom 3 and Rotherham start to move away from us. It’s an absolute critical game and where is Robins fighting talk? Every other manager is going on about 5/6 cup finals to play and we need to fight. All we get from Robins is we are calm and will have a nice chat at Ryton. There’s no fighting talk to show supporters they are up for it.

He might not be, but the players’ meeting after QPR tells me at least they are taking some initiative themselves. Viveash is the only one you ever hear during games, ‘squeaky Robins’ is a misnomer as I never hear even that from him

SBAndy

We won’t get 8 points. We average 1pt a game. 6 is tops what we could achieve. Rotherham will finish above us and need to accept that. We need to hope Derby and Huddersfield keep performing poorer than we do.

Interesting interpretation. We average a higher ppg than Rotherham and yet we won’t get more than 1 point per game and they will, and we just need to accept that.

Guess what? I’m not accepting that.

Flying Fokker

That means to get to 50:
Derby need 7 from 5
Huddersfield 6 from 5
Birmingham 5 from 5
Rotherham 11 from 8

Keep the Faith. PUSB
52 points may be more realistic if we are to avoid relegation

Frostie

I'm assuming this post is a joke? Can never tell anymore 😁

Paxman II

In fairness, not many believed we would be in this position. Think we expected we had enough to be safe by now. While we all must accept that the table never lies, it is also true that Robin's has been hampered by injuries to some very key players. It's not an excuse, as some would point to. Godden crucially, Kelly out for long stretches, and Dabo who through injuries never had a chance to get going. Rose also to a lesser extent. So before the likes of Grendel wanting to pick that apart claiming we were always going to have a relegation battle, I think Robins has had to deal with more than most teams. Of course he must accept some of the responsability as he has stubbornly played one or two players ahead of others (Shipley, Baka) who are just not at this level. But overall we must remember if he keeps us up after all this, that in itself (as everyone agreed) be an achievement for us this season. So hold onto your seats, there will be a few surprises and to come result wise as the relegation fight heats up, but I'm on the side of doing enough to stay up. We have enough games and fair opposition to do so. No excuse come the end of season.

Brighton Sky Blue

In fairness, not many believed we would be in this position. Think we expected we had enough to be safe by now. While we all must accept that the table never lies, it is also true that Robin's has been hampered by injuries to some very key players. It's not an excuse, as some would point to. Godden crucially, Kelly out for long stretches, and Dabo who through injuries never had a chance to get going. Rose also to a lesser extent. So before the likes of Grendel wanting to pick that apart claiming we were always going to have a relegation battle, I think Robins has had to deal with more than most teams. Of course he must accept some of the responsability as he has stubbornly played one or two players ahead of others (Shipley, Baka) who are just not at this level. But overall we must remember if he keeps us up after all this, that in itself (as everyone agreed) be an achievement for us this season. So hold onto your seats, there will be a few surprises and to come result wise as the relegation fight heats up, but I'm on the side of doing enough to stay up. We have enough games and fair opposition to do so. No excuse come the end of season.

While I certainly agree we’d have more points with Walker and Godden fit all season, we have time and again approached certain home games with excessive caution despite time and again being rewarded when more ambition was shown. Then away we again went for caution at Blackburn and Birmingham who were in atrocious form and had to rescue points in both games.

When all is said and done it will be £460 spent to watch us hand over our league status in a similar way to how we have handed over so many points this season.

Brighton Sky Blue

Which we may or may not win. feels like the attitude on here is we have already lost that game (which I'm not saying we won't)

They’ll be full of confidence with the incentive of being able to exit the relegation zone with games in hand. We enter it with the worst away form in the league and off the back of two tonkings. My money’s on them (if I still gambled)

PVA

No chance. The writing has been on the wall for months. Trying not lose sleep over it. League 1 squads and league 1 managers don't belong in this league.

Show us your betting slip where you've put your life savings on relegation then.

cc84cov

No chance. The writing has been on the wall for months. Trying not lose sleep over it. League 1 squads and league 1 managers don't belong in this league.
We will beat Rotherham mate our movement is far too much for them their slow at the back

Alex1987

5/2 to go down after last night. Sounds like a few on here should be putting a couple of k on for a relatively risk free 5k profit.

Samo

This is all very true but we also have way too much dead wood in the squad, we were never going to be able to afford to carry those players coming new into the division.
(Hilsner, Jobello, Kastaneer, Jones, Baka)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I'm assuming this post is a joke? Can never tell anymore 😁

In fairness, when it comes to fight, many other teams around us have been showing it (even Wycombe pulled out a few kills with their dying breath). I have seen little from us so far that indicates we can turn it on when it matters.

I'm incredibly nervous for Thursday.

TomRad85

Still can't help but feel if we win we stay up, if we lose we're done. Draw and have no idea.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

Still can't help but feel if we win we stay up, if we lose we're done. Draw and have no idea.

Draw and I back Birmingham and Middlesbrough to do us a favour but we would probably just get a point from Barnsley and Stoke. Win and we go above 3 sides at once, but with our away form being so bad I can’t see it

TomRad85

Draw and I back Birmingham and Middlesbrough to do us a favour but we would probably just get a point from Barnsley and Stoke. Win and we go above 3 sides at once, but with our away form being so bad I can’t see it
Honestly I'd rather in be in Rotherhams shoes than ours right now. Hoping that's not the case after tomorrow night.

PVA

This is all very true but we also have way too much dead wood in the squad, we were never going to be able to afford to carry those players coming new into the division.
(Hilsner, Jobello, Kastaneer, Jones, Baka)

And how would we afford having a squad full of championship level players?

It's inevitable that when you get promoted you take some players up with you who are not at the required level.

PVA

Honestly I'd rather in be in Rotherhams shoes than ours right now. Hoping that's not the case after tomorrow night.

No way.

Points on the board trump hypothetical points all day long.

Users who are viewing this thread