50m investment at Bristol city (1 Viewer)

W

westcountry_skyblue

Steve Landsdown is worth 2 billion though,Started selling insurance with his mate in a flat they shared in the early 80's.
Also owns the Rugby and Basketball teams !!!

RFC

Huge return if Bristol get to the prem....

So buy the club and invest £50m as you can obviously afford to lose it.

Massive gamble, far too many 'ifs' 'buts' & 'maybes'.

If I had that kind of money I personally wouldn't, far to risky.

wingy

So If you had that kind of money you wouldnt Risk 0.10 % of It on the Club you allegedly love

If I had 0.05% of It I'd risk half of It.

ccfc92

I wouldn't trust you to use 50 million. You'd spend most of it on a shrine to SISU.

Someone with business sense could use £50 million to take a club from League 1 to top of Championship/Premier League.

ccfc92

So If you had that kind of money you wouldnt Risk 0.10 % of It on the Club you allegedly love

Superbly put Wingy. :claping hands:

Just shows RFCs true feelings on CCFC

tisza

really - need to explain how to clubs like bolton, blackburn, cardiff, Middlesbrough, qpr to name but a few. that's before you look at a host of championship clubs wirh massive debt who haven't managed to get there yet.

stupot07

If I had 50m, I wouldn't invest in cov at all.

Nor me. £50m would probably get us promoted and keep us afloat in the championship for 2-3 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

RFC

Superbly put Wingy. :claping hands:

Just shows RFCs true feelings on CCFC

Probably much more committed than you but the kind of money your taking about wouldn't produce anything sustainable or long term.

Take a look at what's happening at Villa (investment wise).

Witnessed far too many past miss demeanours by Boards, Owners & Chairman that have put us where we are today.

Gross over spending with money we didn't have and it very nearly destroyed us and put the club totally out of business.

Noggin

You certainly could turn the club into a sustainable Championship team with that kind of money though (well you could before sisu blew it)
Buy the stadium, put the facilities in place and upgrade to a tier 1 academy, build a pub, hire a decent marketing team and give them a budget, decent club shop, properly staffed and stocked, install a new ticket system, enough staff so when you call you get through. all for under £15mill
Scrap the SCG, start a forum where all season ticket holders can post, this would be well moderated, allow constructive criticism but no abuse, allow fans to vote on things that are important to the experience, have competitions to design things like banners, marketing posters, things to make people feel involved. Make up the best banners nice and large they will be used at every game.
Fund a cheap season ticket programme for 2 years. Everyone who has had a season ticket ever at Coventry City, or has been to 20 home games over the last 15 years can buy 2 season tickets for £100 each per year, any parents that take this up can get a free child season ticket per adult.
Now you have a large amount of people at the games and 2 years to win thier love back, put alot of thought and effort into the experience.
Work out expected turn over in year 3 and build a team around that (we are accepting 2 loss years here to build the fanbase back up)
2 year plan for promotion and fund this accordingly, along with a talented manager who likes working with youth.
The team will eventually consist of players who have come through the academy along with a few very good and experienced players. No longer sell academy youngsters at the first opportunity.

After 2 years you are in the championship with 20k+ fans who love the club, I think you could do all this for 25 mill and at the end of it you'd have increased the value of the club by more than 25 mill.

Last edited:

ecky

RFC the font of all wisdom when's the announcement on the new stadium?

Haha!! Another Sisu lover with no real answers

Hobo

Probably much more committed than you but the kind of money your taking about wouldn't produce anything sustainable or long term.

Witnessed far too many past miss demeanours by Boards, Owners & Chairman that have put us where we are today.

Gross over spending with money we didn't have and it very nearly destroyed us and put the club totally out of business.

SISU have allegedly invested that to produce this dire situation. They either haven't invested the money or have invested it and run the club in an incompetent manner?

Which is it RFC?

Otis

Yep, not much love there is there.

City are my club and if I won £50m I would be more than happy to invest £20 of that in the football club I have loved as man and boy.

If you had the money the Bristol guy has got surely you'd trust the current board with it though? You seem pretty keen on them.

mark_ccfc

Actually I think that is the first sensible thing I have seen RFC say. BTW I think he meant if he had 50 million (not billions). Football is not a good bet when investing money. Ask SISU!

skybluebeduff

Lack of investment is doing the same thing with the present owners though isn't it?.

SISU are killing this club slowly but surely.

HELP.

I'd buy Villa too and run the shite into the fuckin' ground...a bit like SISU have done here.

Oh no!!! Deadly Doug's not behind SISU is he? :thinking about:

ccfcway

agreed. Thankfully those days are over and we are now debt free !

http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/we_have_no_debts__fisher_757433/index.shtml

fernandopartridge

SISU have invested but haven't invested. There is no doubt that they've put money into the club. They've kept it running for 7 years as it cannot sustain itself. They have never invested though. They've never put money in with a longer term aim in mind.

CCFC PimpRail

I wouldn't trust you to use 50 million. You'd spend most of it on a shrine to SISU.

Someone with business sense could use £50 million to take a club from League 1 to top of Championship/Premier League.

Like Swansea. Don't they also share their rented stadium with a Rugby team...?

Users who are viewing this thread