500 votes cast already (2 Viewers)

GaryPendrysEyes

Seemed pretty decent set of questions, nothing is perfect.
Nick ask Timmy what questions he'd like and check it's ok to link it, you don't want to get in trouble...

wingy

I don't know, have you got those to hand? They are probably dodgy too, you can quite easily influence results by the wording in the questions and then run off and use it as fact.

The sample Is the same size as the one used recently for Les Reid to Get behind ,regards 24 people on the Council House doorrstep ,So as Valid Or not as that..

The most reliable Sample ,Conducted by the Club Itself provided a verdict of 75% against a move ,before Northampton was announced which made It more like 80%..

Now you may think the Trust Is a cabal of Anti -Sisu Activists ,but I would venture that Its membership has been driven to It by this one Action from the Owners,The same owners that wish to silence and Divide It.

mark82

The sample Is the same size as the one used recently for Les Reid to Get behind ,regards 24 people on the Council House doorrstep ,So as Valid Or not as that..

The most reliable Sample ,Conducted by the Club Itself provided a verdict of 75% against a move ,before Northampton was announced which made It more like 80%..

Now you may think the Trust Is a cabal of Anti -Sisu Activists ,but I would venture that Its membership has been driven to It by this one Action from the Owners,The same owners that wish to silence and Divide It.

People quoting this "24 people" all the time need to remember this is more than have attended most of the Sisu protests. It is also the only one that seems to have spurned any action from it, although maybe the timing of talks was in fact complete coincidence.

Besides, we should be pressuring BOTH sides to talk.

mark82

I was quite impressed with this poll and the results should be interesting.Seems there are some on here trying to spin the outcome already.

I've not seen that. Just people who couldn't find options that matched their opinions. Surely that is trying to remove the spin from it?

ollyservetta

why cant I be white English or even better just English,wen you can be male /female or other ,and wat about those of us who started going to sixfields but now away games only ,.

Nick

Administrator

I think most polls are useless to be fair :)

fernandopartridge

The poll will tell you lots of individual pieces of information but without being able to link them together, e.g.

450 of the 500 respondents are 'White UK'

400 of the respondents are boycotting Sixfields

100 might leave outside of Coventry

Covstu

A poll of 1000 people isnt really going to change anything, its a shame this could get 10k to make a real informed fans point of view. The trust need to get both parties to formally respond back to these results with a viewpoint particualrly around the plans to build a ground and whetehr there is any truth to it or not.

Captain Dart

Has poll been posted on twitter anywhere, maybe Huckerby or some other famous ex-cov player will retweet if asked nicely.

mark_ccfc

I clicked back on the link in the first post and all the questions have appeared again, and I answered them initially without any identification. Aer there some safeguard against the same person doing this more than once? I hope so as genuine results from this would be very interesting.

NOTE: I did NOT try to vote again and would discourage anyone else from doing so.

MichaelCCFC

No, you can vote as much as you like....

The poll only counts your first vote. Additional votes may be accepted but will then be disregarded. I am able to see voting patterns so can determine if there is suddenly a suspicious rush of votes in a particular way. Since you've commented on the survey Nick you've only made negative comments. Why? Are you not keen to support an effort to establish a better understanding of the views of CCFC fans?

Nick

Administrator
The poll only counts your first vote. Additional votes may be accepted but will then be disregarded. I am able to see voting patterns so can determine if there is suddenly a suspicious rush of votes in a particular way. Since you've commented on the survey Nick you've only made negative comments. Why? Are you not keen to support an effort to establish a better understanding of the views of CCFC fans?

Can I ask how you will know if it is the same person voting twice?

I am more than keen to help understand the views, but last time there was a poll of about 700 people with limited questions it was touted around as a view of all CCFC fans which I disagree with when it gets taken to the CET and you quote it as gospel that CCFC fans won't do this and won't accept that when it is a tiny snippet of people who voted....

Using a dodgy poll website where people can vote more than once to 1,000 supporters doesn't get a view of ALL ccfc fans. It is the same with the CET ones, the stats can't be used to back up any argument as they can always be used to back up any agenda when it suits.

It is not really being that negative, is it? Just pointing out that if somebody wanted to, they could make the results suit their own agenda?

MichaelCCFC

The poll has a 'block multiple votes' feature which is enabled for all questions. If you send me details of how many times you voted and at what time I can check whether it has worked. However, you are coming across as seeking only to undermine the poll which is very disappointing.

Nick

Administrator
The poll has a 'block multiple votes' feature which is enabled for all questions. If you send me details of how many times you voted and at what time I can check whether it has worked. However, you are coming across as seeking only to undermine the poll which is very disappointing.

I am not trying to undermine it or you, I just think it is these sorts of polls in general whether it is yours, CCFC or the telegraphs. They are done and then it is used as fact with the "Coventry City fans think...." when it was literally only a small minority of fans answering with predefined answers.

Online polls will pretty much always have ways to manipulate results.

MichaelCCFC

I am not trying to undermine it or you, I just think it is these sorts of polls in general whether it is yours, CCFC or the telegraphs. They are done and then it is used as fact with the "Coventry City fans think...." when it was literally only a small minority of fans answering with predefined answers.

Could I just get a straight yes/no answer please - do you have any evidence that the current CCFC Fan survey is being undermined by multiple voting?

Nick

Administrator
What are you talking about? Did I say that it WAS? I said that it COULD BE that is why online polls in general should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Do you have any evidence that it isn't being manipulated? With so many ways around online polls if people really wanted to, it would be very hard to tell.

If you read all of the posts I am saying all online polls, whether they are here, CCFC, CET or on your site. Especially when they are public (no membership needed).

skybluetony176

On this instance I agree with you Nick.

The only true and factually correct pole is the one voted with feet.

So based on average home gates from last season and average "home" gates from this season.

So at least 80% of CCFC fans a pissed and dont accept the current status quo.

MichaelCCFC

Cool. There's no evidence of the current poll being abused so that's excellent.

With regard to your earlier comment about the previous poll "that it gets taken to the CET and you quote it as gospel that CCFC fans won't do this and won't accept that", I never claimed 'it as gospel'. Why are you making that up?

It "was intended as a quick straw poll with only a few dozen replies expected,”

“What this has become is if not a scientific survey then certainly a very large straw poll indeed and in the absence of any other polls the results make for very interesting reading”

“If this poll in any way represents the views of City fans more widely, then there are some positives...

Nick

Administrator
On this instance I agree with you Nick.

The only true and factually correct pole is the one voted with feet.

So based on average home gates from last season and average "home" gates from this season.

So at least 80% of CCFC fans a pissed and dont accept the current status quo.

I totally agree. You can say that most fans won't go to "home" games, you can't say why though as a fact.

RegTheDonk

why cant I be white English or even better just English,wen you can be male /female or other ,and wat about those of us who started going to sixfields but now away games only ,.

I hate this question. Its a poll for CCFC fans. It shouldn't matter what your nationality is, what your skin colour is. Same really as the age, and the gener, it has no bearing on the other questions.

Nick

Administrator
With regard to your earlier comment about the previous poll "that it gets taken to the CET and you quote it as gospel that CCFC fans won't do this and won't accept that", I never claimed 'it as gospel'. Why are you making that up?

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/survey-majority-sky-blues-fans-6070444

Survey: Majority of Sky Blues fans would watch team at Ricoh under Sisu ownership

Very misleading (although I understand you aren't the CET) but that poll has been used a fair few times to backup people's views on here as the general consensus as city fans. The stats say nothing and mean nothing from these polls.

Fair play to you for trying, but I'm not simply saying "this poll is shit" I am saying why it doesn't mean much statistically and can't really be used to back up any argument as they usually are (from all sides).

If you want to take it personally then fair enough, but it really isn't.

hill83

I hate this question. Its a poll for CCFC fans. It shouldn't matter what your nationality is, what your skin colour is. Same really as the age, and the gener, it has no bearing on the other questions.

I agree, I had to put 'mixed race' no option to say what mix though. And who gives a shit anyway!

Also, to test it I've voted 3 times from 3 different I.P addresses. How will you be able to tell which 3 are me?

Delayed edit: I didn't actually vote 3 times, I was using an example

Last edited:

dongonzalos

I agree, I had to put 'mixed race' no option to say what mix though. And who gives a shit anyway!

Also, to test it I've voted 3 times from 3 different I.P addresses. How will you be able to tell which 3 are me?

I think the majority would not be bothered to try and fix it.

If 1000 people vote you would have to be one very sad individual to vote that many times to out vote or swing the majority vote.

hill83

I think the majority would not be bothered to try and fix it.

If 1000 people vote you would have to be one very sad individual to vote that many times to out vote or swing the majority vote.

No doubt. But I wouldn't put it past a couple of people. My point being it's possible.

Nick

Administrator
Weren't people on here before saying that they voted loads of times on a CET one once?

skybluetony176

I totally agree. You can say that most fans won't go to "home" games, you can't say why though as a fact.
True. There are multiple reasons why most won't go but the one commonality is no one's not going because they are happy with the move, yet I would hope that all that are going are unhappy about the fact they are.

Users who are viewing this thread