50 years of support ....... (1 Viewer)

Mr pot

I too never rose once from my seat even when we scored as like Otis I knew we were second best.We looked like the non-league side and they looked like the League team.There fans had there day out but we were dreadful all over the pitch and our support was poor too so all in all a really crap day !

Most people struggled to stand up when the stand up if you love city was sang that just one time.

25 years support this and its pure despair at the moment.

robbiethemole

for the first time in 47 years I left early on 85 minutes, cos the was no way we were gonna score again, with the extra time, I was at J2 when the final whistle blew.

What made me angry was the singers chanting "loyal supporters", as if everyone else wasn't by not standing up. The true loyal supprters are the older ones of us who have stood by the club for years of more and more dross,buying S/T's, and shirts and God knows what else, not these chavvy little 16yr olds who know feck all about loyalty. sorry for the rant, but it still hurts like feck when you see them give in to a team like Worcester. Good luck to them on the Cup trail.

skybluesham

Is not just the next generation of fans we are losing I fear but my generation also (42 and bin a cov fan since 5 ) I asked my 12 yr old if he wanted to go up weds and he said no . The first time ever..I used to really look forward to when he would be old enough to take his old man up the footy,have a few beers and have a bit of father and son time. I fear this will no longer happen.

I rang a few mates to see if anyone going up weds and they didn't even try and make an excuse. They just all basically said fuck that

bringbackrattles

for the first time in 47 years I left early on 85 minutes, cos the was no way we were gonna score again, with the extra time, I was at J2 when the final whistle blew.

What made me angry was the singers chanting "loyal supporters", as if everyone else wasn't by not standing up. The true loyal supprters are the older ones of us who have stood by the club for years of more and more dross,buying S/T's, and shirts and God knows what else, not these chavvy little 16yr olds who know feck all about loyalty. sorry for the rant, but it still hurts like feck when you see them give in to a team like Worcester. Good luck to them on the Cup trail.
I've been a fan for fifty years so have been there through all the ups and downs so even though I feel low after the Worcester game nothing shocks me anymore. I've noticed this season that the younger fans who go to games are up for a scrap with rival fans and not there for the football.After that garbage yesterday I felt like joining them !

You clearly don't feel the same about CCFC as I do. If you can sit back and condone yesterday, then go ahead pal, applaud the demise from your padded seat.

You clearly don't feel the same about CCFC as I do. If you can sit back and condone yesterday, then go ahead pal, applaud the demise from your padded seat.

Hhmmmmmmmmmm......I think this bit is possibly one of the most melodramic things I've read on here to be honest......

....and I can't be arsed to debate it.....just see my signature for my POV..

Is not just the next generation of fans we are losing I fear but my generation also (42 and bin a cov fan since 5 ) I asked my 12 yr old if he wanted to go up weds and he said no . The first time ever..I used to really look forward to when he would be old enough to take his old man up the footy,have a few beers and have a bit of father and son time. I fear this will no longer happen.

I rang a few mates to see if anyone going up weds and they didn't even try and make an excuse. They just all basically said fuck that

Thats bloody sad. You have my condolences mate. Bloody sad. These bastards need to read this and see what the result of their total mismanagement of OUR club.

blueflint

my first game was 1953 I've followed ever since but have never seen an inept display as bad as sundays.

i must really rethink my alegiance can i take any more i don't think so

Wheelfass

my first game was 1953 I've followed ever since but have never seen an inept display as bad as sundays.

i must really rethink my alegiance can i take any more i don't think so
Hey Blueflint,
You have 9 years on me with your support old mate. I just know that with what you have seen and supported throughout the years your allegiance, like mine, could never be questioned and will never change.
This is sooooooooo sad. Let's all pull together and PUSB.

Gazolba

Just to summarise ......

Am I right in saying,

We are a team very much on the decline, that hasn't had any success whatsoever for nearly 30 years ...

Is that about right?

Depends what you mean by 'success'. Just a few years ago I remember we knocked Manchester United out of the FA cup. Just last season, we were the highest scoring team in the league for quite a while and had two of the top scorers in the division. Our problem is that every time we are on the verge of having any success, we shoot ourselves in the foot by letting all of our best players go. How can we ever be successful if we continue on that course?

chiefdave

My Dad had been going for 60 years prior to the Sixfields move, when they came back he said he had no interest in going again. He's pretty quickly gone from not going to games to not even knowing if we've won or lost.

We're losing the old timers, it's not an attractive proposition for the next generation of supporters and there's plenty of people in between who are walking away possibly never to return. I dread to think what attendances will be like if we do end up in L2.

torchomatic

My Dad was slightly different. He's been going since 1952 but wouldn't go to Sixfields. The minute they were back at the Ricoh then he got his ST again.

My Dad had been going for 60 years prior to the Sixfields move, when they came back he said he had no interest in going again. He's pretty quickly gone from not going to games to not even knowing if we've won or lost.

We're losing the old timers, it's not an attractive proposition for the next generation of supporters and there's plenty of people in between who are walking away possibly never to return. I dread to think what attendances will be like if we do end up in L2.

italiahorse

My Dad was slightly different. He's been going since 1952 but wouldn't go to Sixfields. The minute they were back at the Ricoh then he got his ST again.

Same here,I even got one for the Mrs who wanted to start going again, but regretting it at the moment. She can't be bothered so dragging the daughter along who is finding excuses as well.

Otis

Well that was me too. Wouldn't set foot in Sixfields and stopped listening to the radio and following games.

The minute it was announced we were coming home I was first in line to renew my old season ticket.

Otis

Same here,I even got one for the Mrs who wanted to start going again, but regretting it at the moment. She can't be bothered so dragging the daughter along who is finding excuses as well.

I'm not sure we can fall much lower to be honest.

If we were relegated this season I don't even think I would do any more than give a mere shrug of the shoulders. Would be really disappointing for sure, but wouldn't be a shock, wouldn't be unexpected and wouldn't come as any surprise.

Guessing for me the next big shock would be if we dropped out of the Football League entirely.

chiefdave

I'm not sure we can fall much lower to be honest.

That's a dangerous thing to say. I wouldn't really be too surprised if we were in the conference and playing at the Butts in 5 years time. Finding it hard to see any positives at the moment.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Err....I think you should re-read what I posted matey.....

....I just pointed out that you bringing the glorious dead & remembrance Sunday into a bitchy little moan about a shit football team was melodramatic in the extreme......

Get some perspective fella.

Users who are viewing this thread