50 +1 (2 Viewers)

Greggs

After rumours the 'powers that be' are contemplating introducing the same model as The Germans - I really love the idea of fan ownership in our domestic game, give a bit of power back to the fans and connect ourselves to the club that little bit more. The only problem being - who on earth is going to represent us as a fanbase. 99% of people on here are absolute nutcases, maybe we could do auditions where we have to answer 5 questions and perform a special talent.

shepardo01

After rumours the 'powers that be' are contemplating introducing the same model as The Germans - I really love the idea of fan ownership in our domestic game, give a bit of power back to the fans and connect ourselves to the club that little bit more. The only problem being - who on earth is going to represent us as a fanbase. 99% of people on here are absolute nutcases, maybe we could do auditions where we have to answer 5 questions and perform a special talent.
The "Trust" obviously!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
That will be the end of us - God knows what hair-brained scheme they'll concoct behind everyone's backs If that ever happened!!
I'd guess full liquidation (after they deliberately piss off Dave and Joy) and entry to non league step 7 so they could be sole owners.:cool:

clint van damme

I'm not sure it works by having a fan on the board.
I think you still have owners but members vote on certain issues to do with the running of the club.
I can't think of one single City supporter I'd want on the board,and I include myself in that.

Magwitch1

The "Trust" obviously!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
That will be the end of us - God knows what hair-brained scheme they'll concoct behind everyone's backs If that ever happened!!
I'd guess full liquidation (after they deliberately piss off Dave and Joy) and entry to non league step 7 so they could be sole owners.:cool:
Join the trust then

stay_up_skyblues

I'm not sure it works by having a fan on the board.
I think you still have owners but members vote on certain issues to do with the running of the club.
I can't think of one single City supporter I'd want on the board,and I include myself in that.

Guy on the radio was taking about the German model earlier. Suggested it’s only select things the fans can vote on/veto. E.g . moving the club away, changing colours/name etc. No say (quite rightly) on recruitment (staff or players) and day to day operations. This type of thing could perhaps work without actual ownership.

clint van damme

Guy on the radio was taking about the German model earlier. Suggested it’s only select things the fans can vote on/veto. E.g . moving the club away, changing colours/name etc. No say (quite rightly) on recruitment (staff or players) and day to day operations. This type of thing could perhaps work without actual ownership.

Yeah, they don't get involved in recruitment and stuff.
Can you imagine the vote on whether to give Max new contract? Would make Brexit and the last US election look like the great British bake-off.

There is zlso a wider committee which represents all the clubs with fan ownership, they got rid of Monday night football because it was unpopular with supporters

SAJ

Germany came down from a model of 100% fan ownership didn’t they? Just can’t see who’d buy in for no control. Anyway let’s see
I struggle to see how it’s going to happen. I can’t see these super rich individuals or companies just taking it. This will be played out in the courts for years. They all have more than sufficient money to challenge any ruling on this. To me whilst I like the idea it’s going to be like getting the genie back in the bottle.

Sky Blue Pete

I struggle to see how it’s going to happen. I can’t see these super rich individuals or companies just taking it. This will be played out in the courts for years. They all have more than sufficient money to challenge any ruling on this. To me whilst I like the idea it’s going to be like getting the genie back in the bottle.
Yeah same. Creative solutions require

mark82

Yep, don't see that it's workable. Completely different setup to in Germany. You don't just give up a stake in your company for no gain.

What is workable is fan representation on clubs boards. There are examples of where this is already in place here, like Millwall. A committee of sorts that elects a representative to the board. Not sure there'd ever be the power to stop stuff like the ESL or moving us out of Coventry though.

Frostie

Criticise yes, ridicule before there’s anything concrete to criticise no.

In fairness they delighted at the prospect of liquidating us before if it meant they got to play football owners so his scenario isn't that much of s stretch.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Grendel is sensible as long as you don’t talk about Biamou, Better days is great for runours, Shmee knows what he is on about, Frostie is good with statistics

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

ITV talent show.

How Do You Solve A Problem Like Kastaneer.

Each week the person in last place is removed from the studio by a sliding tackle.

Sky Blue Pete

Who's going to buy the 51% of the clubs for the fans?
That’s the argument I don’t understand. It’s different if the fans own 100% and private investors purchase 49% not quite so easy to understand how fans can purchase 51% and who agrees the price

especially when the fuckwits talking about it from government follow polo and fencing as their sports interests

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Utd were reportedly for sale at 4bn . That's a lot of Utd fans needing to win Euromillions to get their 50%.

Why couldn't they just use the club as collateral? That's what the current owners did.

cov donkey kick

Does beg the question how do fans afford 51% of large summs of capitol.Unless you can start a set figure of a €100 pound share via crowdfunding and clubs don't inflate there worth and give the green light.

hamil99

Facebook User
Would love to see the 50+1 come in, but as others have stated I can't see it happening.

Even if an independent evaluator was brought in to work out the price of shares for, let's say, man utd. 51% would still be well over 1 billion, so even if you broke it down for a price per share, they would still have to sell A LOT of shares.

Also what happens if one guy buys 51% of the 51% given to fans? Does he basically have control of the other half, or is it one vote per purchase regardless of the size?

I like the idea of the 51%, but fuck knows how they can sort it out..

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Be a tad ironic considering the non-stop complaining they've done about it. Plus the stock value would plummet with that level of debt?

It wasn't a serious suggestion. Just a sartorial swipe at the manner in which the current owners were allowed to purchase the club.

clint van damme

Does beg the question how do fans afford 51% of large summs of capitol.Unless you can start a set figure of a €100 pound share via crowdfunding and clubs don't inflate there worth and give the green light.

I don't think you do buy in. I think its something like the fans get the goldenseal which equates to 51% ofthe club

Users who are viewing this thread