5 Wins and we are in the Prem (1 Viewer)

BackRoomRummermill

Tough ask but I think they will give it a go - hearing from a Boro fan they may field a weakened team as well , tall ask but anything can happen ….

skyblu3sk

Sneaking Out Daffy Duck GIF by Looney Tunes

City coming from last to sneak the last promotion place 😬 trying not to let myself get too excited. Game at a time and all that. Would be an amazing feat. I do worry next season will be carnage but could help set the club up for the long term.

CDK

My glass is half full and the song always look on the bright side of life and Mr blue sky.

Great_Expectations

In all seriousness, it is crazy how close we are.

If we are heading into the Boro game with even the slimmest chance of making the play offs, we’ve done so well.

Selfishly I hope that’s also the case, as if so it could be an incredible away day.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see us win five on the bounce, we seem to revel in these mini runs of wins.

theferret

3 wins i reckon

Beay Blues, Draw at Boro, Draw one of the semis Win one of the semis and final

Piece of cake

I can't see how 70 points can possibly be enough.

Max points from here:

Millwall 71
Blackburn 74
Albion 75
Sunderland 71

We have to win the last two imo.

Esoterica

Max points from here:

Millwall 71
Blackburn 74
Albion 75
Sunderland 71

You’re not factoring in the games that those teams play against each other. West Brom Sunderland today. Milwall Blackburn last game of the season. And some other very tough fixtures in between.

Evo1883

Max points from here:

Millwall 71
Blackburn 74
Albion 75
Sunderland 71

If blackburn lose to burnley midweek , we don't need to worry about anybody else , millwall have to go to Blackpool Friday and win , if they don't and we win Saturday against blues , there is every chance we are already qualified in the playoffs by the time blackburn play Monday

theferret

You’re not factoring in the games that those teams play against each other. West Brom Sunderland today. Milwall Blackburn last game of the season. And some other very tough fixtures in between.

I'm aware of those games, but they are irrelevant as only 2 of those teams need to reach 71 points for a win and a draw not to be enough for us. I'm not saying all 4 teams can or will.

Esoterica

If we beat Blues it’s as good as done. It would take something extraordinary from not 1 but 2 of the teams around us for us to get pushed out. Millwall are all over the place, Blackburn have taken 7 points from their last 8 games. Sunderland can’t afford to even draw one of their remaining games, without the lottery of goal difference. West Brom and Sunderland are both in decent form but with a very hard set of fixtures remaining and a game against each other today.

theferret

If we beat Blues it’s as good as done. It would take something extraordinary from not 1 but 2 of the teams around us for us to get pushed out. Millwall are all over the place, Blackburn have taken 7 points from their last 8 games. Sunderland can’t afford to even draw one of their remaining games, without the lottery of goal difference. West Brom and Sunderland are both in decent form but with a very hard set of fixtures remaining and a game against each other today.

You think Albion winning 2 and drawing 1 of their last 4, and Millwall winning two on the bounce (one at Blackpool and one at home) would be extraordinary? Or if Millwall don't do that, Blackburn win 2 out 3? There is a very good chance these things happen.

They may not, it is possible we make playoffs with 70 points, but I doubt it would be enough.

skyblu3sk

I've changed my mind I actually want west brom to win to put sunderland pretty much out of it , I have faith in burnley midweek
Hmmm Danger that West brom get their tails up with a win and turn Burnley over. A draw could sow the seeds of doubt in both sides minds.

slowpoke

Who out of the runners and riders would we prefer to join us in the top six it goes right down to Swansea who have come from nowhere, there’s always one and they play West Brom at home last match for me should we get there with a choice I’d go for Millwall or Blackburn over two legs, I think though Blackburns last two results with wins snatched from them in the last seconds of rack match and championship title chasing Burnley to come will cost them and Blackburn finish at interestingly at Millwall.
We have really to beat nothing to play for Birmingham.

Evo1883

You think Albion winning 2 and drawing 1 of their last 4, and Millwall winning two on the bounce (one at Blackpool and one at home) would be extraordinary? Or if Millwall don't do that, Blackburn win 2 out 3? There is a very good chance these things happen.

They may not, it is possible we make playoffs with 70 points, but I doubt it would be enough.
Millwall and Blackburn play eachother final day , we have a better goal difference than both , Blackburn play Burnley Luton and Millwall

Wba play Sheffield United, Norwich and Swansea away

Brighton Sky Blue

All we need to be focusing on is beating Birmingham and then getting some kind of result on the last day. If we do that and still don’t make it, hats off to the two teams who did better.

Don’t beat Birmingham and it’s probably gone.

slowpoke

Hmmm Danger that West brom get their tails up with a win and turn Burnley over. A draw could sow the seeds of doubt in both sides minds.
West Brom don’t play Burnley it’s Sunderland, Sheff United away, Norwich home, Swansea away.

Esoterica

I do think it would be extraordinary yeah. Millwall have lost to Huddersfield, Hull, Birmingham and Wigan in their last 7 games. Blackburn have to play 2 of the top 3 in Burnley and Luton, plus Millwall. Albion will finish 5th I think, with us in 6th

slowpoke

Lot of the competing clubs play each other which helps but obviously means one or the other or both gain points, Birmingham next week is key.

Users who are viewing this thread