5-0 Win! (1 Viewer)

coundonskyblue

Biggest league win since Derby 6-1 at the Ricoh nearly 7 years ago in Jan 06. Biggest away win since Walsall nearly 9 years ago in Jan 2004.

Skyblueweeman

Great win, albeit against the bottom team in the league. This is the sort of game that we'd probably normally lose.

Good to get the goal difference looking a little healthier as well. Important two league games coming up that are both winnable before the two cup games. It would be good to be mid-table-ish before those two cup games.

WM

mrtrench

Truth now!.........Anybody's arse twitching at 2-0.....even 3-0.
Or is it just me?:whistle:

It's not just you, but it is only people with worms.

However I fully expected us to lose this game at 1-0, even though my arse was fine, thanks for asking.

Despite the resounding scoreline according to the Hartlepool fans forum they are stating that whilst they concede they were"shite" the general consensus was that we were "poor"!

Is this sour grapes on their part or can anyone at the game shed light on our overall performance? :confused:

Sky Blue Sheepy

Despite the resounding scoreline according to the Hartlepool fans forum they are stating that whilst they concede they were"shite" the general consensus was that we were "poor"!

Is this sour grapes on their part or can anyone at the game shed light on our overall performance? :confused:
We were clinical and made use of the space their awful back 4 gave us. Edj didn't lose a header and most of the players breezed past their markers second half. So I think a lot of sour grapes but we were poor-ish first half

SkyBlue_Bear83

I would say a bit of sour grapes, they probably looked at the league table and identified this game as a match they could get something out of so it was probably a bit of shock for them (and for us)

Skybluewoody

Walked past a load of Hartlepool fans on way out of ground. One commented " it was nil-nil at half time and we lose 5-0 to that rubbish , there's no way there that much better than us" sadly I think a touch dillusional.
Pool had 2 chances in the first 10 mins, if they had took them it would have been a different game but they didn't . City finished the 1st half on top by playing the ball on the ground and to feet for the final 15 mins. We then carried this on through the whole of the next 45.
Baker and Christie were raiding down the right at will 2nd half. Moving moussa more central I think is what really turned it in our favour. Plus the edge didn't lose nothing in the air all game.
Simply the better team won, there's no denying that who ever you support

Users who are viewing this thread