4th round tie. (1 Viewer)

Tonylinc

Just supposing that we won the replay against BR. What are the chances of a "one off", deal to rent the Ricoh for the tie against the Brum?

chiefdave

Why would we? Would cost a fortune, they wouldn't bring many to a cup game against a lower league side and I wouldn't be surprised if we struggled to get 10K of our own fans there.

Better off having it over there. Have a chance Brum fans will come out just to say they were at a game at St Andrews where they were the away side. Our usual crowd turns up. Could be a decent occasion.

If we had a half decent trust would be a perfect opportunity to make a statement about not being allowed to play in Cov. Joint protest with Birmingham given their issues, would probably get decent press attention.

GaryJones

If this happened and we made it a Community Day deal I reckon you would be looking at a 25,000 attendance minimum.

SBbucks

Why is it a daft question? Clearly we would generate more revenue and if both sides could put aside their differences for a time it might just go some way to healing the rift.
If you hadn't noticed, we have effectively been evicted from our home due to the stadium owner's outrageous demand for an indemnity that no business on earth would/could agree to. Why on earth do you think the stadium owner would now change it's position for a one-off?

TTG

If you hadn't noticed, we have effectively been evicted from our home due to the stadium owner's outrageous demand for an indemnity that no business on earth would/could agree to. Why on earth do you think the stadium owner would now change it's position for a one-off?
it's like divorcing your wife, but a few months later you let her sleep with you just for the night.

Sky Blue Harry H

Sort of related, but today I purchased B Rovers home (14/1) and B Rovers away tickets (1/2) on the same day. Don't think I've ever done that before!

CanadianCCFC

Jesus Christ we need some transfer activity to talk about and quick
No we don’t because then one of our best players would be gone. I’d rather hear stories like that than see our players move on to bigger clubs or “big” clubs like Barnsley (how far we’ve fallen)

Exit Stage Left

Zero. Daft question.

I'm willing to step in and say it's not a completely daft question. In fact I think the first half should be held at St Andrews on the Saturday, the second half at Ricoh Arena on the Sunday......and if we need a replay, let's have it at a neutral ground like Wembley Stadium. Then if it goes to a penalty shootout, I think the OP Tonylinc should take first penalty for coming up with such a wonderful idea of ground swapping. PUSB!

Users who are viewing this thread