48 hours away from expulsion / New Ricoh Talks! (2 Viewers)

Captain Dart

FYI & to wind a few people up.
D46ktCyWkAEkdlJ.png:large

clint van damme

Lol you don’t concentrate on the football always worrying about the situation -you are never there David

I saw him at the Bradford game, I'm not sure what's worse, not attending based on some bullshit excuse or attending while slating others that do via a parody social media account.

RoboCCFC90

They payment they're getting from the league is £17m-£19m. If they use this to pay back a chunk of the bond then they are still left with £15m-£20m to pay off while they continue to lose £9m a year and have no money to build a new training complex and also deal with the other £25m in debt they have.

If they use the CVC payment to build a new training centre as the league has suggested then they will still have the whole £35m to pay off and with less chance of finding a good rate or refinancing due to them being found to be trying to get fraudulent information past auditors.

Whatever way you look at it they're not in a good place.

They’re in a terrible place financially that we can agree on LG.

If I was Wasps I would look to pay off the bond as quickly as possible, financing a new Training Ground must be a mid-long term plan, where as the bond would need prioritising - partly due to the concerns on refinancing that you alluded to and the pressures from every man and his dog when Wasps admit they can’t sustain the repayments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldfiver

What about those who try and be diplomats and try and get the groups together?[/QUOTE]

Which groups you referring to? WASPS and Hoffman?

SkyBlueScottie

If I was Wasps I would look to pay off the bond as quickly as possible, financing a new Training Ground must be a mid-long term plan, where as the bond would need prioritising - partly due to the concerns on refinancing that you alluded to and the pressures from every man and his dog when Wasps admit they can’t sustain the repayments.

Pretty sure I read the payments made from CVC have to be allocated to improving facilities, training grounds etc. So it's not quite as simple as them getting a chunk of cash and paying off debts etc. After all CVC, will want to ensure that their investment isn't frittered away from the game, as they are becoming part owners. In terms of raising standards / profile of the game it might work. Something perhaps the Premier League can learn from.

Nick

Administrator
Am I right in thinking this is just one bloke parading himself as a protest group?
If so he's obviously got a very high opinion of himself, to think that anyone really gives a flying fuck about his poxy statement.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Yeah it's David Johnson. Represents nobody at all.

RoboCCFC90

Pretty sure I read the payments made from CVC have to be allocated to improving facilities, training grounds etc. So it's not quite as simple as them getting a chunk of cash and paying off debts etc. After all CVC, will want to ensure that their investment isn't frittered away from the game, as they are becoming part owners. In terms of raising standards / profile of the game it might work. Something perhaps the Premier League can learn from.

The below is from the article on BBC Sport once the deal was confirmed.

It does suggest that the monies is unlikely to be used on players wages, but they could easily swing the Ricoh bond as part of “building the infrastructure of the Club”

Premiership Rugby says the extra money will not result in a hike in player wages, but will instead go towards improving facilities at club level and growing the league globally.

"They key thing for the next few years is to build the facilities, the infrastructure and the investment in central marketing," added McCafferty.

RoboCCFC90

Didn’t he post on here once upon a time?

CCFC54321

Was talking to someone today who has had dealings with wasps not long ago so I presume he still has contacts there (sadly). The 49% share of the Ricoh was what he was told and that Wasps are happy with that proposal as they are heading for utter financial disaster. We’re talking going under/finished.

I know this 49% share in the Ricoh has been mentioned here last week and I await the usual scorn but just repeating what I was told. My opinion is if there was anything in this then my first thoughts were SISU are waiting for the eventual collapse of Wasps so will stay about for a couple more years.

RoboCCFC90

I don’t know if he ever views the forum, but as a spoke person for the Trust they could help themselves connect to the fan base by holding a Q&A on Twitter, Sky Blues Talk, etc.

I know CJ tries, but reality is the Sky Blue Trust represents the thoughts of less than 10% of the fan base IMO.

RoboCCFC90

Dont they then lose a chunk of revenue?

I can’t see anything to suggest that, but it’s plausible.

Nick

Administrator
I can’t see anything to suggest that, but it’s plausible.

If they are selling off a percentage of their business does that not mean that the revenue / profit for them will drop as it will be shared with the people buying a chunk of their business?

Not 100% on the fine details so somebody will be able to confirm!

Skybluefaz

Was on BBC c&w during my drive home saying about how stressful the ordeal has been for leaders and reps in fan groups in particular. Fuck off mate, you don't go to games and you wanted the club to fold so you could get in on the phoenix club. Self serving arrogant clueless prick.

Nick

Administrator
Was on BBC c&w during my drive home saying about how stressful the ordeal has been for leaders and reps in fan groups in particular. Fuck off mate, you don't go to games and you wanted the club to fold so you could get in on the phoenix club. Self serving arrogant clueless prick.

Why is it stressful for them in particular? He isn't a leader or a rep for fans, to be fair to Moz he is there week in / week out and not giving it all the bullshit about why he won't go so he's a different kettle of fish entirely.

Was it stressful when we were at Sixfields and he was getting the Trust to advertise games for the ladies club he was director of instead of city games? Maybe it's only stressful because he realises that people won't boycott to try and fold the club so he could play football club owner.

Not too sure why the media give him the time of day, would have thought they would see the reactions on social media.

Skybluefaz

Why is it stressful for them in particular? He isn't a leader or a rep for fans, to be fair to Moz he is there week in / week out and not giving it all the bullshit about why he won't go so he's a different kettle of fish entirely.

Was it stressful when we were at Sixfields and he was getting the Trust to advertise games for the ladies club he was director of instead of city games? Maybe it's only stressful because he realises that people won't boycott to try and fold the club so he could play football club owner.

Not too sure why the media give him the time of day, would have thought they would see the reactions on social media.
I imagine he calls them rather than them calling him. Desperate for a bit of limelight.

No idea why he thinks the common a garden fan who loves the club doesn't find it as stressful.

chiefdave

If they are selling off a percentage of their business does that not mean that the revenue / profit for them will drop as it will be shared with the people buying a chunk of their business?

Not 100% on the fine details so somebody will be able to confirm!
The idea that they've purchased a share for any other reason than to make money is crazy yet some rugby fans believe that.

Heres what one of the F1 team managers from their time running that said about them “All their actions have been taken to extract as much money from the sport as possible and put as little in as possible”.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Personally I think the “1 year deal” that SSN are putting about is utter bollocks and guesswork.
Both Wasps and CCFC have said there is a mutually binding confidentiality agreement and no further comment will be made.

Anyone hear that weasely little wanker David Conn-Artist on CWR, defending his slagging of SISU in the Grauniad? Wanker!

Magwitch

All he said Uncle Tom was three judges ruled exactly the same decision at three separate court hearings over 5 years. Which was correct

Users who are viewing this thread