442 (1 Viewer)

speedie87

when mcsheffrey isn't fit to play at the top of the diamond i wish we'd just play 442. Bell either kept coming too deep or was playing too high on saturday. There were at least half a dozen occassion where he could have turned into space but just passed the ball back.

Mcdonalds best attribute from what i've seen is getting on the end of crosses with his head.

So lets play 2 wide men and start getting some crosses into the box for mcdonald and juke to attach.

The formation is also a lot simplier and with our players i think we should stick to basics, would also provide some much needed protection for the full backs.

stupot07

We have no wingers!

Bell has been anonymous wide right and baker and mcsheffery are also poor out wide.

Most of our central midfield players are too defensive and won't get up to support the strikers so they will be even more isolated. (deegan aside)

The wide men we haven't got will also stifle the space for our fullbacks, who won't be able to bomb forward.

speedie87

agreed about the best crossers are our full backs, but they are normally crossing from 2 deep.

bell / baker on the right (i know neither of them can cross)
mcsheffrey or mscheffrey on the left!!

just think having wide men is how to get the best out of Cody.

les_miserables

We haven't got the right player to play the tip of the diamond IMO. We allowed him to leave and join Cardiff City and is now banging in the goals.

wingy

May be we're going to have to raid the youth team yet again to introduce this pace we all recognise as lacking ,seems to me the young ones are taking public flack that he's not willing to dish to the seniors who should be looking very much at themselves.

@richh87

The diamond is the ideal formation for us. It's not the formation that's the issue - it's an inexperienced squad.

Users who are viewing this thread