4 Wembley visits in 7 years shows the change in our club (1 Viewer)

jim20

I was there for the JPT final, my first visit to the new Wembley, the 44,000 of us as the club was on the brink of relegation probably our worst ever season. Back then as with many I felt it could be our last hurrah, we would languish in League 2 and the possibility of non-league oblivion was not far away. After nearly 20 years of decline there was no positivity left, but that day showed the potential of our great club, and the fans who helped pull off a miracle to win that day.

A year later we were all back at Wembley for the play off final, very tense day watching as a fan feeling we had scraped into the play offs and it was a must win, the atmosphere was similarly amazing. But still even though a great achievement I didn’t feel too much positivity around the club.

I couldn’t get tickets to last seasons play off final, but I was there on Sunday, and from the March to the arch onwards I could feel such a positive vibe, even 3-0 down, I felt we had come a long way, but my god did our team nearly win it. Even though we lost, I felt more positivity towards our club then we have ever had. The spirit of the fans, the ability of that spirit to push the team to achieve more. We were the real winners on Sunday

ajsccfc

I was away so missed the L2 playoff final but I was there this season and last. So basically if we make it again, I'll accept cash bribes to stay away

CBS16

Sunday was actually my favourite trip. Might be recency bias because the first 2 trips were so unbelievable for there own reasons that I never thought they could be topped. Sunday I was just absolutely bursting with pride for my club, the players, staff and in my opinion the biggest legend in our history, Mark Robins represented us incredibly. We did the impossible, and were robbed but as time goes by we'll feel the actual result isn't the story, no VAR nonsense can't change what we all witnessed. We're back and the entire city is on board now, possibly more behind the club than at any point in living memory. From we'll live and die in these towns to penalty heartbreak I was just so glad to be Cov

CV22SBA

One of my kids is 15 and seen city at all but a couple of L1/L2/Championship grounds and Wembley 4 times.
I waited 30 years to go back and watch city at Wembley and to be honest never thought it would happen again in my lifetime. Growing up it was pretty much the same teams we played every season In Div1 (prem).

djr8369

One of my kids is 15 and seen city at all but a couple of L1/L2/Championship grounds and Wembley 4 times.
I waited 30 years to go back and watch city at Wembley and to be honest never thought it would happen again in my lifetime. Growing up it was pretty much the same teams we played every season In Div1 (prem).
Last few years has been some journey. Imagine the come down if we go back to being a Coleman era dull lower mid table Champ team.

Happy_Martian

I make like one trip in 60 years, my grandkids are starting to think it’s an annual outing.😂😂😂

I missed the 87 final but got to the Charity Shield.

Stopped going in 2000-ish.

So while I'm envious of all the visits recently, I'm really pleased for those that survived the dark times of SiSu and have something positive to enjoy now.

By sticking with the club, you've all been part of this amazing journey. And I really am pleased for all of you.

<snark, snark> Lucky, lucky feckers :ROFLMAO:

bigfatronssba

Last few years has been some journey. Imagine the come down if we go back to being a Coleman era dull lower mid table Champ team.

Coleman era was the most depressing for me.
New owners who had (briefly) backed him, signed some decent players, and we were still crap. Our performances were so lacklustre.

By the time things got really bad (Thorn, Northampton etc) the off pitch stuff took centre stage and the poor football was barely even noticed

Users who are viewing this thread