3 More Points (1 Viewer)

skybluetony176

By my reckoning if we get 3 more points we will have our highest ever points tally in this league since coming down. Even if you add the point deduction's back on. From dodging relegation on the last day of the season last season that's some turn around and for the first time in year's measured progress.

Something to be happy about surely?

Evo1883

3 more points will see us achieve our highest points tally in a season since 01/02

Evo1883

By my reckoning if we get 3 more points we will have our highest ever points tally in this league since coming down. Even if you add the point deduction's back on. From dodging relegation on the last day of the season last season that's some turn around and for the first time in year's measured progress.

And this already is our highest points tally in league 1

Evo1883

The season we got deducted 10 points we would have finished on 61 points .
So yes thi season is our highest so far in league 1

skybluetony176

The season we got deducted 10 points we would have finished on 61 points .
So yes thi season is our highest so far in league 1

I think we finished on 55 first season down with a 10 point deduction for entering administration so 65 points without the deduction.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

In a sense, but I think we could only say that if we'd been there or there abouts all season.

We were top and completely blew it. So to be happy overall this season may be a step to far.

A strong finish could make up for it a little though.

chiefdave

I said at the start of the season that I wanted an improvement so looking at it that way then yes, something to be happy about.

However you can't ignore the abysmal drop off after we went top. Its so frustrating as just a couple of wins would see us sat in a play off position.

skybluetony176

You can't ignore the bad run simply because if you do you learn nothing from it. However too many of our fans seemed to forget that a season in league 1 is played out over 46 and at the end of those 46 games the table doesn't lie.

The table will show that we have either had our first or second best season since coming down and that of the back of one of our worst. That's undeniable progress and something to be happy about. It also means that we don't have to progress that much next season to make the playoffs and only a small bit more again to make the automatics.

Grendel

Like the season after the club finished 8th in the championship then?

D

Deleted member 2477

Unfortunately it start all over again with an almost new team next season so no point talking about building on this season and learning lessons

PVA

You're not allowed to say that on here.

Mowbray is a terrible manager and needs to be sacked immediately, remember?

skybluetony176

Also looking at last years final table 69points would have delivered a playoff place. It's a much tighter league this year. Wigan could finish top on 90 points at best, last season that would have been 3rd place. All things considered and not just the bad spell we've had a much improved season in a league that is far far tighter than last.

Users who are viewing this thread