3 League Games 0 Goals (1 Viewer)

stevefloyd

Those on here who were constantly having a go at Jacob Murphy should now be having a good look at themselves, frustrating player yes but what was it ? 10 goals, 10 assists ! and in his first full season yet he took merciless abuse from some on here.
Just think how good he could have been if people had supported him instead of berating him !!!

Yorkshire SB

Rochdale 5 goals scored
Sheffield Utd 5 goal scored
Shrewsbury 5 goals scored
Wimbledon 7 goals scored

all these clubs have scored quite a few goals in 3 games and are at the foot of the table, there needs to be a balance
of defence to attacking else we can go a blow our budgets on a goal scorer like those above and come january we
probably would need to do something drastic. TM is right strikers dont grow on trees and the ones we need are probably on loans
from Premiership Clubs and he is having to wait until the Big clubs sort their squads out. It dire to watch i know but hopefully
we can protect our position until the End of August (if we have not found one then we should start to panic)

They're being sorted out, premier league players are going out on loan, not suggesting we'd have got them but Abraham at Bristol, Brown at Rotherham

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain Dart

I like Tudgay, comes across as a decent fella but he looked finished to me last night.
Must be fitness issue, hasn't got aerobic capacity to last whole game, now where did I hear that recently.

Esoterica

Rochdale 5 goals scored
Sheffield Utd 5 goal scored
Shrewsbury 5 goals scored
Wimbledon 7 goals scored

all these clubs have scored quite a few goals in 3 games and are at the foot of the table, there needs to be a balance
of defence to attacking else we can go a blow our budgets on a goal scorer like those above and come january we
probably would need to do something drastic. TM is right strikers dont grow on trees and the ones we need are probably on loans
from Premiership Clubs and he is having to wait until the Big clubs sort their squads out. It dire to watch i know but hopefully
we can protect our position until the End of August (if we have not found one then we should start to panic)

Where have you got these numbers from? Shrewsbury haven't scored in the league this season, Wimbledon have - 3 not 7, Sheff Utd have 1 goal not 5 and Rochdale have 3 not 5

JeffB

How many Coventry supporters can hands on heart name one solitary fixture that we would be odds on to win? I would have thought either Bury or AFC Wimbledon at home was as close as I could get but one has already bitten the dust and I would not put any money on the second either. The tragedy is that the supporters of Swindon, Rochdale and Scunthorpe have one cast iron certainty of 3 points and we all know who the opponents are. I realise the season has just started but will someone please tell our players.

Sky Blue Kid

So you are now comparing Edge to Pele?
You said you thought he was much better than any of our current players, was just asking how?

What you on about you nobhead? Where have I compared Pele to Edge?....... I said I never saw Pele play live but know he's the greatest footballer who ever lived. I've seen Edje play quite a few times and I "Rate him"........ Webster was a Scottish International, but he was total Gash!!! Others will disagree with what I've said...So what? It's my opinion, and I'm entitled to it. It doesn't make your opinion better than mine and vice versa.

Edit* Your a WUM. You're always trying to get a reaction out of posters. Looks like you won again with me eh?

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
What you on about you nobhead? Where have I compared Pele to Edge?....... I said I never saw Pele play live but know he's the greatest footballer who ever lived. I've seen Edje play quite a few times and I "Rate him"........ Webster was a Scottish International, but he was total Gash!!! Others will disagree with what I've said...So what? It's my opinion, and I'm entitled to it. It doesn't make your opinion better than mine and vice versa.

I haven't said it does make any opinions better or worse, but your opinion was he was better than any of our current players.

Seen them play much too? Or are we just going off a few minutes of highlights against Newport?

Sky Blue Kid

I haven't said it does make any opinions better or worse, but your opinion was he was better than any of our current players.

Seen them play much too? Or are we just going off a few minutes of highlights against Newport?
No Nick, I watch the "Sky Blues Wall" and read reports from independent match reports(Where any given) and also look at things like this.......

Coventry goal scorers: No goals scored

Bury goal scorers: No goals scored

42%Possession58%
11Shots19
11Fouls9

Stats

Not very good stats considering we were the home team eh?...(Taken off the Official SBPlayer stats.) but don't let these things influence anything eh? ;)

jimmyhillsfanclub

The Edge was shit.

The only decent thing about him during his stay was the solitary drunken attempt at a chant based upon "The message" by Grand Master Flash heard behind me at either Bury or Tranmere......it all gets a bit blurry

Sky Blue Kid

The Edge was shit.

The only decent thing about him during his stay was the solitary drunken attempt at a chant based upon "The message" by Grand Master Flash heard behind me at either Bury or Tranmere......it all gets a bit blurry
Were you pissed at all the other games he played in as well?

Nick

Administrator
No Nick, I watch the "Sky Blues Wall" and read reports from independent match reports(Where any given) and also look at things like this.......

42%Possession58%
11Shots19
11Fouls9

Stats

Not very good stats considering we were the home team eh?...(Taken off the Official SBPlayer stats.) but don't let these things influence anything eh? ;)

So whats a goal scored stat got to do with our defenders?

So you are saying the Edge is better, but you haven't actually seen them play to compare it to? I get it.

Sky Blue Kid

So you are saying the Edge is better, but you haven't actually seen them play to compare it to? I get it.
How does "Better service to the forwards" sound? instead of lumping the ball into touch? I got sick of seeing "Long ball trying to find Tudgay...too long, goal kick to Bury".......and "Bad pass trying to find..... "Misplaced pass down the line throw in to Bury."....."Ball crossed in, over everyones heads, throw in far side to Bury." etc,etc,etc.... And don't try to tell me I'm lying, coz I'm not!
PS. in general, this "Bare bones" team are not good enough.

Nick

Administrator
How does "Better service to the forwards" sound? instead of lumping the ball into touch? I got sick of seeing "Long ball trying to find Tudgay...too long, goal kick to Bury".......and "Bad pass trying to find..... "Misplaced pass down the line throw in to Bury."....."Ball crossed in, over everyones heads, throw in far side to Bury." etc,etc,etc.... And don't try to tell me I'm lying, coz I'm not!
PS. in general, this "Bare bones" team are not good enough.

So what's that got to do with Edge?

Cian Harries plays some great passes direct to the forwards feet.

Lying about what? I just don't see how you can backup "edge is better than any of our defenders now" by reading on the wall and not seeing them play.

Sky Blue Kid

Forget the goals for stats for a minute... Look at the other stats

42%Possession58%
11Shots19

11Fouls9

42% possession...At home?
11 shots to 19 at home?
Shit stats, and most of those figures will be the norm throughout the season too.

Nick

Administrator
Forget the goals for stats for a minute... Look at the other stats

42%Possession58%
11Shots19

11Fouls9

42% possession...At home?
11 shots to 19 at home?
Shit stats, and most of those figures will be the norm throughout the season too.

So what does that have to do with Edge being better than our current players?

Yorkshire SB

42%Possession58%
11Shots19
11Fouls9

Stats

Hahaha surely you're kidding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccfchoi87

Does that apply to the fans who live abroad too? Yes/No?

Yes because they can't comment on players they haven't seen with any authority. At the minute even people who have been to every game (including tony Mowbray) are still trying to figure out which players are good enough.

Sky Blue Kid

So what's that got to do with Edge?

Cian Harries plays some great passes direct to the forwards feet.

Lying about what? I just don't see how you can backup "edge is better than any of our defenders now" by reading on the wall and not seeing them play.
So you think our defenders at the Club are better than "Edje"?... Back it up big boy!

Nick

Administrator
So you think our defenders at the Club are better than "Edje"?... Back it up big boy!

Yes, Harries has performed well over the first few games. I'd go as far as saying judged on these performances he is better.
Willis has also been quite solid.

I can't comment on Turnbull yet, but I'd put money on him being better. Hence he is being bought rather than trying his best to get trials and keep having his contracts cancelled.

Sky Blue Kid

Yes because they can't comment on players they haven't seen with any authority. At the minute even people who have been to every game (including tony Mowbray) are still trying to figure out which players are good enough.
Aim the comment at these fans too then mate. Tell that to the guys in Canada, USA, Australia, Thialand, Norway Denmark etc...Love to see the reply you get from them :) As for Tony Mowbray, he SHOULD know which players are good enough.

Sky Blue Kid

Yes, Harries has performed well over the first few games. I'd go as far as saying judged on these performances he is better.

I can't comment on Turnbull yet, but I'd put money on him being better. Hence he is being bought rather than trying his best to get trials and keep having his contracts cancelled.
That's not "Backing it up" You're giving your opinion nothing more. Like I said before, My opinion is just as good as yours. :)

ccfchoi87

Aim the comment at these fans too then mate. Tell that to the guys in Canada, USA, Australia, Thialand, Norway Denmark etc...Love to see the reply you gey from them :) As for Tony Mowbray, he SHOULD know which players are good enough.

I don't see any of them claiming they know that our whole defence is worse than an average league one player

Sky Blue Kid

FYI Edje and Malaga were "Free transfers coming in ;)

Sky Blue Kid

I don't see any of them claiming they know that our whole defence is worse than an average league one player
If that comment is aimed at Edjenguele. He has played at the top 2 Greek "Superleague Clubs" one of which reached the quarter final stage of the Champions League. Hardly "Average L1 football" eh ;)

Nick

Administrator
If that comment is aimed at Edjenguele. He has played at the top 2 Greek "Superleague Clubs" one of which reached the quarter final stage of the Champions League. Hardly "Average L1 football" eh ;)

Who and when was in the quarter final? Did he play?

ccfchoi87

Joe Cole had done better and he was very much average for us.

Users who are viewing this thread