2nd Ball (1 Viewer)

Perryccfc

Thats what ultimately cost us today. Whether we won the first ball or not, the second ball always fell to a shrews player. It just wasn't our today. First 20 we were ok. Although they sliced us open twice in the first half. Missed Sheffers miss as I was queuing for a terrible chicken burger. If we had got 50% of the second balls I think we would have created more through the midfield. Shrews tactics were spot on today they flooded the midfield and strangled us into looking for ambitious passes or long balls. Didn't leave to depressed for a change though. Still think we will be top 8 come end of the season which I think will be a decent return baring in mind the start we had. PUSB

covcity4life

yup agreed

we used to do this in coleman era alot,real shame to see it happen yesterday again

it was like we had no men in midfield

possession starts must have been 50/50 in second half at times

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Thought there was only one ball allowed on the pitch at any time? :whistle: If we played with a second ball, I'm sure we'd score more goals! :D

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I had 5 + the bonus ball the other night!

Just the number 5 and the bonus ball. :(

skybluegod

It was like Preston really we were not at the races and if we don't get to the second balls we lose as we need to have the ball at feet

Lord_Nampil

We didn't pass the ball like we know we can, as Robins put it "with a purpose" but the 2nd ball was always falling to the Shrewsbury player, and that's how the scored sadly! The annoying thing is thats the 3rd time in the last 4 home games that's happened to us, think we need a different approach at home to combat teams basically playing like we do away from home. Its something Robins needs to look into and i am sure he will. It was just a frustrating day at the office and for the 2nd time this season Chris Weale (there keeper, Scunnys keeper was the other) was probably there man of the match along with that Grandison chap......

Users who are viewing this thread