28 Days Later... (1 Viewer)

Sky Blues

If I have got my dates right, isn't today the 28th day since the CVA was rejected?
A few questions for those that may know a bit more about how this stuff works:

Did the 28-day cooling off period apply whichever way the decision went or only to one result or the other, or was the decision 28 days ago final?
Can we assume the lack of any major developments since then means nothing is going to change today?
If so, will the liquidation of CCFC Ltd now move from pending to active?
Does this mean the split between the two sides takes the company equivalent of a shift from decree nisi to decree absolute? i.e. They are divorced.

Thanks in advance to anyone with knowledgeable and sensible answers.

spwaverley4916

i am not really sure but i think the 28 day period is protection for the company presenting the CVA to stop any of the creditors taking further action against that company, its not really a cooling off period but protection given through the courts.
if correct there was never a period when ACL were going to change their minds just means that acl could not take any further legal proceedings to do with monies owed against CCFC ltd.

Sterling Archer

Boooooo, I thought this was going to be a thread about the Danny Boyle film. I leave disappointed.

I think italiahorse hit the nail on the head in all fairness.

Sky Blues

To be honest I don't believe anybody has got a clue.

With the interesting exception of SPWaverly's point - which poses the question: will we start to hear about new litigation in the next few weeks? - it appears you're right Italia. Thanks all (& good to know my deliberate selection of thread title worked Sterling!) ;)

skybluetony176

i guess we will find out tomorrow or on Monday.

having said that if the process has been challenged will it have to run again so it will be 28days after that process has finished?:thinking about:

yep italiahorse has hit the nail on the head

Users who are viewing this thread