28.5.18 - The City Rises (1 Viewer)

The CableGuy

What a day. What a season.

When the chips have been down and City have been posed questions, they've answered them at crucial moments in the season.

Today, at HT, I was a little nervous. Exeter were starting to win the 50/50 balls too much for my liking, and our passing game was a little off.

So 2nd half starts, and we just blew em away in 23 minutes. This team has no respect of opposition form or defensive records and I love it! Exeter's defence has been great this season and I was expecting a tight game. But today, Exeter were no match for our potent strike force of erm, Wills, Shipley and Grimmer!

In Block 548, I was surrounded by a wall of noise and joy. Almost 40,000 members of the SBA had invaded Wembley (again!). Being City, we let in a late goal (shades of the CheckTrade last year) but we were comfortable, professional and deserved the win, along with the reward that came with it.

Proud to support this team. Realising that this is what promotion feels like.

I kinda like it. More please, City!

CovKid73

What a day. What a season.

When the chips have been down and City have been posed questions, they've answered them at crucial moments in the season.

Today, at HT, I was a little nervous. Exeter were starting to win the 50/50 balls too much for my liking, and our passing game was a little off.

So 2nd half starts, and we just blew em away in 23 minutes. This team has no respect of opposition form or defensive records and I love it! Exeter's defence has been great this season and I was expecting a tight game. But today, Exeter were no match for our potent strike force of erm, Wills, Shipley and Grimmer!

In Block 548, I was surrounded by a wall of noise and joy. Almost 40,000 members of the SBA had invaded Wembley (again!). Being City, we let in a late goal (shades of the CheckTrade last year) but we were comfortable, professional and deserved the win, along with the reward that came with it.

Proud to support this team. Realising that this is what promotion feels like.

I kinda like it. More please, City!
100% with that - feels great. I, like the majority of City fans have never tasted promotion and it's a sweet sweet nectar...... Give me MORE MORE MORE. Played great in the second half Exeter didn't get a look in.

I sat out the Checkatrade last season - glad we won it but knew it'd ultimately feel a hollow for me given the circumstances......

Great all round today.

PUSB

The CableGuy

100% with that - feels great. I, like the majority of City fans have never tasted promotion and it's a sweet sweet nectar...... Give me MORE MORE MORE. Played great in the second half Exeter didn't get a look in.

I sat out the Checkatrade last season - glad we won it but knew it'd ultimately feel a hollow for me given the circumstances......

Great all round today.

PUSB

Great isn't it?

We've got some real momentum now. For the first time in my life, I can go into watching a major football tournament without being pissed with football thanks to my club!

I've leave England to annoy me instead. :shamefullyembarrased:

Users who are viewing this thread