27 Years! (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueSid

Does anyone remember where they were 27 years ago today?:thinking about:

I seem to remember it wasn't a bad day, looking back.:D

chiefdave

I was at home, 86/87 was the first season I'd been going to games and there was no way my Mum was going to let me go to Wembley on my own or without a 'responsible adult'. Remember my Dad taking me down to Cheylesmore shops at full time to queue up for a Pink. The queue was massive and there was people in the streets going mental, car horns going etc.

torchomatic

I do. I was at Wembley. Amazing day.

Does anyone remember where they were 27 years ago today?:thinking about:

I seem to remember it wasn't a bad day, looking back.:D

Samo

I was at Wembley. Oh unbridled Joy! (no not her)

wingy

HAd to make do with the Gosford Park Hotel as was working In London when tickets were snapped up ,great afternoon though ,Amazing Party In town and on the streets on the way in ,Like a Carnival In South America,Girls getting em out In the Belgrade fountain , even Villa fans come over to join the Party .

James Smith

I do. I was at Wembley. Amazing day.

Same here, bloody marvelous day. Think I'll try tonight putting the Cup Final DVD on and have the sound off on the TV, replacing it with Sky Blue Magic.

At Wembley with my dad (sadly, no longer with us) and my mates from Binley Woods. Travelled down on a coach from Brandon. It was also my Birthday!!!

ajsccfc

The only thing I remember specifics of is being down where Swan Lane hits Walsgrave Road for the parade. That might even be my first distinct memory of anything.

B-Ban-Boogie

One of my friends (and his family) went to West Midlands Safari Park for the day, so we 'broke into' his house (opened up the kitchen window) got the telly on and watched it there.. :D
Cleaned up after and they never knew a thing until a few years later!! haha

the rumpo kid

53 of us went down on Friday afternoon, stayed in a hotel in Kensington, great Friday night, best day ever on the Saturday. took two rolls of film that day, sent them off to true print first thing Monday morning, week later got one roll back of some twats fucking house warming party. never got my photos of that great day, but will always have the best memories.

sweeno70

The best day out I ever had !! Was 16 and got served in an off licence near Wembley,walking up Wembley way with a crate of ale and a big flag. Sat outside the turnstiles for a good few hours drinking !! when we got in the first people I bumped into were a group of lads from school who had never been to a city game before,lets just say I got a bit angry with them for denying real fans the chance to get a ticket !!

Hobo

I was living in Doncaster S Yorks, my mates wedding (massive Sky Blues Fan) on the Saturday. He said if you get a ticket go. I didn't, having seen every previous round. Getting off the train Friday night Coventry, saw a lad getting off with a city scarf...me "are you going?" I am now, just been to Doncaster to pick up a ticket!" Gutted.

We were fabulous on that day, won a classic....I could forgo the ticket!!!!

My mate and I were both there for Everton (service resumed).

Hobo

The best day out I ever had !! Was 16 and got served in an off licence near Wembley,walking up Wembley way with a crate of ale and a big flag. Sat outside the turnstiles for a good few hours drinking !! when we got in the first people I bumped into were a group of lads from school who had never been to a city game before,lets just say I got a bit angry with them for denying real fans the chance to get a ticket !!

Really? I had connections at Sheff Utd and Sheff W....you couldn't get tickets love for money....unheard of ...but your mates from school just bowled up ???

W

westcountry_skyblue

I was there as an 18 yr old,right at the back of the City end.
Mayhem and i think back waiting for the train everyone was still in shock at Wembley central !!!

sweeno70

Really? I had connections at Sheff Utd and Sheff W....you couldn't get tickets love for money....unheard of ...but your mates from school just bowled up ???

one of their dads was friends with Ted Stocker,he sorted some tickets !

Gary.j

I was there!

We had been on a train that got delayed just outside cov, (had to wait stationary on the track for what seemed like forever, until another train came). Only just made it to wembley in time, (the teams were already out) and got separated from my mates as we entered right at the back of the cov end, only met up with them again on the train home.

An incredible day!

letsallsingtogether

Yes what a corker.
queued round the station onto Stoney road to get the train, Walked along Wembley Way watched a great game then straight into town oh what a day to savor,

Just glad dad was there to see it. PUSB
Well here's looking forward to a better season then this one probably the worst ever......

Moff

I wonder if those super Sky Blue fans Seppalla, Fisher and Waggott remember where they were that magical day ?

I think Seppalla was toasting another successful liquidation with a glass of champers, whilst Fisher was at the pie shop.

SkyblueBazza

Not sure if this has been posted, but stirringly nostalgic article on the Guardian site - http://www.theguardian.com/football.../fa-cup-final-tottenham-coventry-classic-1987

Brings a tear to my eye.

I loved that "Go for it City" bouncing around Wembley. When Clive Allen scored that early goal everyone around me was groaning & I suddenly found some-sort of inner voice & turned - grabbed some poor sod by the scuff of his neck & just kept saying to everyone "We'll win now, we'll do it...we keep on coming back...we'll win"
That feeling that everyone thinks I'm mad is still with me lol

PUSB

wingy

Score In a minute

Were gonna Score In a minute

Score In a minute

Were gonna Score In a minute.

martcov

Brings a tear to my eye.

I loved that "Go for it City" bouncing around Wembley. When Clive Allen scored that early goal everyone around me was groaning & I suddenly found some-sort of inner voice & turned - grabbed some poor sod by the scuff of his neck & just kept saying to everyone "We'll win now, we'll do it...we keep on coming back...we'll win"
That feeling that everyone thinks I'm mad is still with me lol

PUSB

I had that feeling as well...nothing to lose now, go for it... Whole day Out Cost me nothing.... Betted on a city win with tottenham fans in the pub the night before and collected after the game... Drank champagne and slept in the pub on the gaffers couch.. Great, but as I sat in Sixfields recently it seeme as if I had dreamt it all... We're a Million miles away now... And we have that twat RFC posting such apologistic shite just to make the situation seem even worse.....

Buster

Does anyone remember
The Mexican Wave stopping every time it got to the Spurs Fans and the boos that followed
The bad feeling and silence at half time listening to the spurs fans cheering their players off at the far end
Waiting behind the big doors prior to letting us in
Were we loud ( must ask benno down the fox)
The support for B Borrows
Grown men crying

Users who are viewing this thread