24 years ago today (1 Viewer)

Bugsy

what a game this was

...PUSB

Telfer85

That Froggatt goal was something else. He was a great player, very underrated in my opinion and not surprising he got in the England squad before he got injured.

Not replacing him was a contributing factor in us going down. Ended up playing Barry Quinn at left back for most of that last season…shocking.

The Great Eastern

I watched it on tv in a Norwich pub and went mental when Froggatts goal went in. I thought it was Whelan as I had a bet on him as 1st goal scorer. Also bet on 3-0 @ 19-1 so was praying at the end for no more score !

ProfessorbyGrace

I agree, left sided midfield was a problematic area for England in the late 90s, but I did see Froggy play a lot for us before he had the illness; he was a bit lightweight and would be anonymous sometimes.

Good, solid winger at his best, though. That goal against Everton was stunning though. Nearly crapped myself when it went in, and I was miles away in the main stand.

LastGarrison

A few of us were walking up to the ground from Wyken to go to the match and never made it past the Rose and Crown!!

Watched it on the TV and all of us were gutted we didn’t go up in the end.

We did the same for the cup game against Macclesfield (I think) when we smashed them 7-2 or whatever it was.

Users who are viewing this thread