24/25 changes? (1 Viewer)

biggymania

I mean sort of. Same as Thomas sort of. In reality they were PL castoffs though.
I think what sets Sheaf apart is his clear pedigree. Complete calmness and an exceptional ability to see in 360 degrees. That's the sort of quality you likely only get from a really really high quality academy type setup. For us, a terrific find & deal. I wonder how many more of these there are out there...

TomRad85

I mean sort of. Same as Thomas sort of. In reality they were PL castoffs though.
Well this is true, in which case we've only signed 2 players from league 1 in like 3 or 4 seasons unless I'm missing something? Those being Kitching and Collins, so it's hardly a massive sample pool.
For what it's worth I also like plucking rough diamonds from random foreign leagues but its a balancing act, there's nothing to say someone playing in Norway or Sweden will come out any better than someone playing in league 1.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Well this is true, in which case we've only signed 2 players from league 1 in like 3 or 4 seasons unless I'm missing something? Those being Kitching and Collins, so it's hardly a massive sample pool.
For what it's worth I also like plucking rough diamonds from random foreign leagues but its a balancing act, there's nothing to say someone playing in Norway or Sweden will come out any better than someone playing in league 1.

There isn't but I think you're likely to get two players from those leagues compared to one from league 1 for the same transfer fee. So basically allows you to have a bit more leeway for poor transfers.

TomRad85

There isn't but I think you're likely to get two players from those leagues compared to one from league 1 for the same transfer fee. So basically allows you to have a bit more leeway for poor transfers.
They'll start realising what they can charge Championship clubs for their players soon enough.

shmmeee

EMC as well. Obviously jury not even started sitting on him yet, but £4.5m for a 24 year old that’s never even come close to PL training always worries me.

Just questioning the value there really. You’re taking a clubs best player and they’re going to over value them.

mmttww

Think we need to spend real ££ on two first XI CMs incl. an O'Hare-type and a wide fwd.

- Wright and Tavares can be cover for Simms down the middle.
- Wright, EMC and Sakamoto can cover the flanks. Need one more.
- Sheaf, Torp, Eccles, a new no. 6, a new no. 8/10, Palmer and Allen covers the midfield.
- Thomas, Kitching and Latibeaudiere at CB. Probably need two more, cheap or freebies.
- Bidwell and Da Silva is enough for one more season if Bidwell maintains current form.
- Just need cover at RB - MVE is solid - should be one we can get on a free or very cheap.
- Don't see us spending a serious fee on a GK. I'd be more keen a first XI quality on loan.
- I'm assuming O'Hare, Godden, Kelly and Moore leave. Tavares, Allen and Wilson stay.
- I'd love Obikwu, Burroughs and Andrews to play a part but don't see it happening now.

That's 6 in, 4 out costing c.£8m with the bulk on CMs. Vik sale at his buy-out covers it.

More I think about it, the more I see what @Saddlebrains is saying. It's Vik or it's Sheaf.

Hertsccfc

EMC as well. Obviously jury not even started sitting on him yet, but £4.5m for a 24 year old that’s never even come close to PL training always worries me.

Just questioning the value there really. You’re taking a clubs best player and they’re going to over value them.
Not only that but he’s never played above League 1 at 24. Maybe he will turn out to be great and only time will tell but that fee seems strange to me.

TomRad85

It's the going rate, Peterborough always develop well and they never sell low. If we've decided that's the player we want over some bloke in Scandinavia who's half the price then so be it.

TomRad85

Let's also remember there are people, including myself, who think some of the numbers Championship players sell for is ridiculous. If we want £15 million + for our best players there's no reason League 1 club shouldn't up their prices too. Its what I'd want us to do if we were in there.

Saddlebrains

Think we need to spend real ££ on two first XI CMs incl. an O'Hare-type and a wide fwd.

- Wright and Tavares can be cover for Simms down the middle.
- Wright, EMC and Sakamoto can cover the flanks. Need one more.
- Sheaf, Torp, Eccles, a new no. 6, a new no. 8/10, Palmer and Allen covers the midfield.
- Thomas, Kitching and Latibeaudiere at CB. Probably need two more, cheap or freebies.
- Bidwell and Da Silva is enough for one more season if Bidwell maintains current form.
- Just need cover at RB - MVE is solid - should be one we can get on a free or very cheap.
- Don't see us spending a serious fee on a GK. I'd be more keen a first XI quality on loan.
- I'm assuming O'Hare, Godden, Kelly and Moore leave. Tavares, Allen and Wilson stay.
- I'd love Obikwu, Burroughs and Andrews to play a part but don't see it happening now.

That's 6 in, 4 out costing c.£8m with the bulk on CMs. Vik sale at his buy-out covers it.

More I think about it, the more I see what @Saddlebrains is saying. It's Vik or it's Sheaf.

It is literally one of the 2

Vik goes early we have our budget

Vik doesnt Sheaf goes to give us it

If anything happens with Hamer moving on then thats a bonus either way

Expect us to have Sheaf moved on by Mid July if Vik hasnt moved by then

Viktor17

It is literally one of the 2

Vik goes early we have our budget

Vik doesnt Sheaf goes to give us it

If anything happens with Hamer moving on then thats a bonus either way

Expect us to have Sheaf moved on by Mid July if Vik hasnt moved by then
@Saddlebrains Can you remember the sell on for GH - its total fee and 10-15%? He will move so hopefully another 1-2m in the kitty.

skybluecam

Ivan Toney

Matt smith

If we add the likes of Dolan and rudoni on top of what we already have our attack will be one the best in the league if not the best

Robins needs to ask himself whether Collins Thomas and Kitching is a good enough back three to get us promoted

Bobby is definitely good enough, hopefully Kitching starts the season like he started his city career. There’s definitely a v good player in there but need to see it next year

Viktor17

If we add the likes of Dolan and rudoni on top of what we already have our attack will be one the best in the league if not the best

Robins needs to ask himself whether Collins Thomas and Kitching is a good enough back three to get us promoted

Bobby is definitely good enough, hopefully Kitching starts the season like he started his city career. There’s definitely a v good player in there but need to see it next year
Would love to add Dolan / Chuck in a godden replacement then - lovely.

not seen enough of rudoni - think we can play a 3 without a 10 next year.

Brighton Sky Blue

If pace and fitness is the issue with Kitching it can be worked on for sure. You cannot concede so many daft goals so frequently and expect to go up.

Matt smith

Would love to add Dolan / Chuck in a godden replacement then - lovely.

not seen enough of rudoni - think we can play a 3 without a 10 next year.
That would be great wouldn’t it, wouldn’t have to worry about scoring goals

he’s always looked good in a poor side, think he could flourish for us, murmurs that he’s on the radar.

Yeah I think we can do, I’ll think we’ll sign a 6 and a 10, which would be the perfect blend we’d have a mix of 6, 8 and 10’s

Matt smith

If pace and fitness is the issue with Kitching it can be worked on for sure. You cannot concede so many daft goals so frequently and expect to go up.
Well pace and fitness isn’t the issue, it’s his poor defending recently.

Bobby makes mistakes but some games this season he has been absolutely superb and you can see so much potential

Leeds wolves Sheffield Wednesday away to name a few.

JSL

Our current favoured 433 doesn't need a 10 which probably why he has seemed ineffective of late. Wide right isn't ideal for him either

Brighton Sky Blue

That would be great wouldn’t it, wouldn’t have to worry about scoring goals

he’s always looked good in a poor side, think he could flourish for us, murmurs that he’s on the radar.

Yeah I think we can do, I’ll think we’ll sign a 6 and a 10, which would be the perfect blend we’d have a mix of 6, 8 and 10’s
My wife’s a solid 6 if we’re still looking for one

Matt smith

Our current favoured 433 doesn't need a 10 which probably why he has seemed ineffective of late. Wide right isn't ideal for him either
Don’t get me wrong I think we could play a flatter 3 and play torp further up, I disagree with the idea we don’t need a number 10.

for me we absolutely need a marquee number 10 signing

Brighton Sky Blue

Well pace and fitness isn’t the issue, it’s his poor defending recently.

Bobby makes mistakes but some games this season he has been absolutely superb and you can see so much potential

Leeds wolves Sheffield Wednesday away to name a few.
I’d still love to know what in the name of Godden he was thinking by booting the ball into his own top corner.

nunchuckas

Anyone know how Rudoni has been doing at Huddersfield?

I remember I wanted us to sign him from Wimbledon when we got promoted, but he went to Huddersfield. We had a lot less money then, but he would have still been within our budget, and meets our criteria of young with resaleability. Last I checked he had a slowish start and was flattering to deceive at Huddersfield at first, not really heard anything since, obviously Huddersfield aren't doing as well last two seasons!

Brighton Sky Blue

Anyone know how Rudoni has been doing at Huddersfield?

I remember I wanted us to sign him from Wimbledon when we got promoted, but he went to Huddersfield. We had a lot less money then, but he would have still been within our budget, and meets our criteria of young with resaleability. Last I checked he had a slowish start and was flattering to deceive at Huddersfield at first, not really heard anything since, obviously Huddersfield aren't doing as well last two seasons!
This thread makes for interesting reading. A lot of the comments made would apply to O’Hare at a similar stage

nunchuckas

This thread makes for interesting reading. A lot of the comments made would apply to O’Hare at a similar stage

Does sound very much like an ideal replacement for O'Hare, especially in regards to his off the ball work. In a better team, under Robins and Adi, it's easy to imagine here being the ideal place for him to kick on further. Hopefully he wouldn't be too expensive with Huddersfield going down, although I imagine there will be competition for him

Brighton Sky Blue

Does sound very much like an ideal replacement for O'Hare, especially in regards to his off the ball work. In a better team, under Robins and Adi, it's easy to imagine here being the ideal place for him to kick on further. Hopefully he wouldn't be too expensive with Huddersfield going down, although I imagine there will be competition for him
Seems to attract familiar complaints about a lack of end product

Users who are viewing this thread