24/25 changes? (4 Viewers)

AFCCOVENTRY

At a minimum these players will be off and need replacing:

Not really replaced Fadz
Binks (he’s on loan)
Kelly
CoH
Godden

So that’s 5 players who need to be replaced with quality there and we also need to bulk up the squad. So 8/9 players.

Last edited:

Sick Boy

One of the possible ITKs mentioned it, he said in one of his prematch interviews that he wants to play in the prem sooner rather than later.
Of course he’s going to say that, I’d be more worried if he didn’t have any ambition. I reckon he’ll stay for another season and hopefully be our long-term captain if we go up.

djr8369

Of course he’s going to say that, I’d be more worried if he didn’t have any ambition. I reckon he’ll stay for another season and hopefully be our long-term captain if we go up.
The fact he said “sooner rather than later” could be seen as a signal to other teams he’s open to offers. He’s probably also at peak value so the club might think it’s time to cash in.

However, I’d like to see him as captain and part of a major push for promotion over the next few seasons.

Hincha

We've already built a squad capable of reaching the play offs next year with 3/4 additions to fill the gap left by departures.

However I don't think MR will be happy with that. I think he'll be pushing for players who will take us to the next level - even if that does mean favourites from this season move down the pecking order (Bidwell/Thomas/Eccles/Collins)

JSL

We've already built a squad capable of reaching the play offs next year with 3/4 additions to fill the gap left by departures.

However I don't think MR will be happy with that. I think he'll be pushing for players who will take us to the next level - even if that does mean favourites from this season move down the pecking order (Bidwell/Thomas/Eccles/Collins)
add Lati to the list of favourites

JoeCCFCPUSB

Your opinion of course, but do you not think we're more exposed at the back because of our more expansive play? We score and create a lot more than previously and are, in most games, playing a 4 rather than a 5. I'm not totally disagreeing with you, just think there are mitigating factors.
I totally agree with that mate, but i personally just don't think as a unit Collins, Thomas and Kitching are good enough to drag us out of this division as a defensive trio.
I think Bobby and Kitching are fantastic squad players, but we do need an actual real force at centre back, a player that stands out the same way Sheaf does in midfield. We need a player that will operate alongside either Bobby and KItch.
This is just my opinion, there are days when our forwards aren't at it and it usually ends up with us getting spanked.

Kitching and Thomas are competent in this league, i am not by any stretch saying they are crap because they aren't. These 2 lads for me are a mid table Championship pairing (9th-14th)

We are missing someone else that is just slightly a level above them, for me we then go from fighting for promotion to becoming a team that either gets automatics or ends up 4th / 5th

JoeCCFCPUSB

I think based on the shit show of Brad and Bobby at the back again tonight, conceding another 3 goals so far tonight (78th minute currently) proves my point.

They just are not good enough if we are to be pushing for automatics or even promotion.

Hincha

Definitely need a leader at the back - whether than is an experienced GK or CB I'll leave that to the recruitment team.

Haven't checked the stats but it has felt like the amount of errors leading to goals is a lot higher than last year.

Diogenes

I've been supporting that trio and rooting for them but there's been just too many calamities right through the season but I can't defend them any more.

I'd agree with above that they are competent championship players but they aren't at the same level as sheaf, wright, simms, o hare that can win a game for you. We need a new GK + CB.

Deity

Robins continues to moan about the lack of depth in the squad but I assume it was his decision to give new deals to Godden and Kelly last summer. Neither have made any contribution since Christmas …. If he had replaced these 2 players with ones he trusted more that would have allowed more rotation.

Sick Boy

We need more like 6/7 with the departures.

steve101

A goalie would be priority for me. I don't think Binks will sign so another CB. Dasilva has done well recently and I don't mind him coming off the bench but he isn't good enough to challenge Bidwell for starting place. Burrows from Peterborough would be an excellent signing but imagine he will go to Premier team or a relegated one.
I like Rathbone from Rotherham, maybe as a replacement for Kelly.
Don't think we could afford him but Whittaker would be an excellent addition.
Definitely need an AM.

Sick Boy

A goalie would be priority for me. I don't think Binks will sign so another CB. Dasilva has done well recently and I don't mind him coming off the bench but he isn't good enough to challenge Bidwell for starting place. Burrows from Peterborough would be an excellent signing but imagine he will go to Premier team or a relegated one.
I like Rathbone from Rotherham, maybe as a replacement for Kelly.
Don't think we could afford him but Whittaker would be an excellent addition.
Definitely need an AM.
We have absolutely zero chance of signing Whittaker.

The watchmaker

I have a feeling there might be a few fire sales this summer with teams desperate to comply with FFP. Any money from the Gyokeres transfer might go further than we think. That said I can't see much strengthening of the first 11 beside a replacement for CO'H. I think mostly we will be looking at depth.

rexo87

GK
CB x 2
CM
CAM
RW
ST

Yep fully agree with this. And this is before anyone like Sheaf leaves. If we can get these 7 in with no major outgoings then we are in business.

Try and move on
Moore
Kelly
Godden
1 of the keepers
Any out of contract U23s can go

Maybe Allen as well but unless you get money for him he’s probably worth seeing his last year out here and helping out where required.

Also could maybe do with a RB but Burroughs may be a good enough backup option there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Yep fully agree with this. And this is before anyone like Sheaf leaves. If we can get these 7 in with no major outgoings then we are in business.

Try and move on
Moore
Kelly
Godden
1 of the keepers
Any out of contract U23s can go

Maybe Allen as well but unless you get money for him he’s probably worth seeing his last year out here and helping out where required.

Also could maybe do with a RB but Burroughs may be a good enough backup option there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kelly and Moore are out of contract.

AOM

Dasilva will be starting LB next season. Mark my words.

I really rate and generally prefer Bidwell to Dasilva, but I was impressed with Dasilva tonight.
Also sometimes get the feeling Robins is actively trying to replace Bidwell if he gets the chance as well

shmmeee

I really rate and generally prefer Bidwell to Dasilva, but I was impressed with Dasilva tonight.
Also sometimes get the feeling Robins is actively trying to replace Bidwell if he gets the chance as well

I think fans see full backs and wingbacks very differently to modern managers and prioritise different things. Bidwell tickles the “hard as nails left back” centres of the brain formed by Stuart Pierce or Julian Dicks, but I think MvE and Dasilva are what modern managers want from a fullback. Even in a four Robins like to push them high and be good on the ball. And are less concerned crunching tackles and whipping the ball in from the byline.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Dasilva will be starting LB next season. Mark my words.
He was this season. Obviously hope he can work with the coaches pre-season and improve, or we'll be risking putting ourselves into catch-up mode again. same with the entire defence and keeper. Needs to be dramatic improvement as I doubt it's their plan to spend the summer looking to replace them.

Viktor17

Robins continues to moan about the lack of depth in the squad but I assume it was his decision to give new deals to Godden and Kelly last summer. Neither have made any contribution since Christmas …. If he had replaced these 2 players with ones he trusted more that would have allowed more rotation.
But you can’t underestimate the impact off the field with setting standards to new group. Thats a big part also. Never a simple as we think.

skybluecam

Retaining Godden and Kelly would’ve been far cheaper than recruiting replacements. They’re probably both still on league one level wages.

skybluecam

He’s obviously trying to replace Bidwell, just isn’t good enough with the ball in tight spaces to play the way Robins wants the team to.

Mucca Mad Boys

He’s obviously trying to replace Bidwell, just isn’t good enough with the ball in tight spaces to play the way Robins wants the team to.

If we can, then we should. We signed Bidwell when we were a mid table side and our trajectory as a club has changed since then.

If JDS played like he did last night, week in and week out, he would be first choice.

Users who are viewing this thread