24-19-13-12...4th place (1 Viewer)

SkyblueBazza

With those 10pts that were spirited away - we'd be 4th now. We'd also be 4th highest GD. GD to points actually reflected in table position (except for us!)

ohitsaidwalker king power

We all feel the pain Baz I'm sure.. but this thread might get wrapped up in whose fault is it anyway- so politely suggest- let's focus on the here and now.. what might have been's are well, just that.... lets get the team, club and all our fans back to Coventry where we belong.. this weeks news of the promise of talks might ultimately be a false dawn- but at least it is one?
PUSB's

jesus-wept

3 points off top six, fuck all really, our goal difference is as good as another point . Perhaps if sisu see the championship as their cash cow, worth £5million apparently. They will allow Pressley to add a couple ready for the crucial Christmas period, but I won't hold my breathe

SkyblueBazza

We all feel the pain Baz I'm sure.. but this thread might get wrapped up in whose fault is it anyway- so politely suggest- let's focus on the here and now.. what might have been's are well, just that.... lets get the team, club and all our fans back to Coventry where we belong.. this weeks news of the promise of talks might ultimately be a false dawn- but at least it is one?
PUSB's

I was more thinking...we ARE definitely play-off calibre at present, & as things stand...if we can keep the team together or even strengthen in January - reigning in 20pts might yet be achievable for an automatic place!

Johnnythespider

That game against wolves at the tail end of the season could be huge, my bro's grandson has been chosen as mascot for that game, to go or not to go, that is the question. With any luck we'll be back in cov by then

SkyBlueSid

We have been climbing the table quite quickly because, obviously, the teams near the bottom are not picking up many points. It will take longer to climb more places because those we are chasing now are picking up points. Sounds obvious, I know, but there are a group at the top who look like they are likely to pull away. The play-offs are a possibility, but are ultimately meaningless unless you are the ones who win them.

It may still be that the points deduction will end up costing us. The team is almost obliged to hit a poor spell at some point, especially with so many youngsters being relied on to play week in, week out. That is a huge concern, as is the lack of experience in a tight end to the season. I'm not being deliberately pessimistic, but having watched City for 50 years, it's probably in my DNA to exercise caution when some fans get carried away.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
We have been climbing the table quite quickly because, obviously, the teams near the bottom are not picking up many points. It will take longer to climb more places because those we are chasing now are picking up points. Sounds obvious, I know, but there are a group at the top who look like they are likely to pull away. The play-offs are a possibility, but are ultimately meaningless unless you are the ones who win them.

It may still be that the points deduction will end up costing us. The team is almost obliged to hit a poor spell at some point, especially with so many youngsters being relied on to play week in, week out. That is a huge concern, as is the lack of experience in a tight end to the season. I'm not being deliberately pessimistic, but having watched City for 50 years, it's probably in my DNA to exercise caution when some fans get carried away.

I too, have watched the City for 50 years but when was the last time you remember them playing as well as this and storming the table like they have? I have a really good feeling in my old bones!

tonyok

Just be positive. If by Christmas we are in a the top half of the table, everything is achievable.

Every year we see teams fail and others succeed,Tranmere and Doncaster from last season. There are still 90 points to play for!

SkyBlueBlood2

I suppose we'll be saying it all season, 'where we would be without the 10 points'. But we've just got to get on with it. Personally I think an automatic promotion spot will be a bridge too far having had the points deduction. But from what I've seen so far (no I haven't been to sixfields, away games only) we look nailed on for a top six finish!..

I think he was alluding to Orient and Wolves dropping off, not us.

Think Wolves will walk this league but not sure Orient are as good as their current league position suggests and lets not forget Peterborough, still believe this team is good enough to finish top six, they never fail to give 100% something that has been missing from a sky blues team since the 80's

covcity4life

Yeah here's hoping orient do a Tranmere

As for CVA? Still angers me, now theyaare ready to talk? After fuming deductingus 10pojnts?

Fukin council wankers

torchomatic

Nor did Tranmere last season. Wolves are going to be come April but LO? They may find it difficult to sustain their current form. Same for us, of course.

i want the title, orient and wolves dont look like losing steam either unfortunetley

Not quite. If everyone keeps up the same points per game as now we'll be 7th by 0.8 points.

Would actually be 6th behind LO, Wolves, Posh, Preston and Brentford. If the 10 pts deduction were spread throughout the season (1pt deducted every 4.6 games) we would have 26/27 pts Wouldn't be surprised if that were the top 6 at the end of the season. Only other likely candidates would be Bradford, Swindon and MK Dons. Still amazed that Sheff Utd and Bristol City are down the bottom. Long way to go yet, though!

shmmeee

Would actually be 6th behind LO, Wolves, Posh, Preston and Brentford. If the 10 pts deduction were spread throughout the season (1pt deducted every 4.6 games) we would have 26/27 pts Wouldn't be surprised if that were the top 6 at the end of the season. Only other likely candidates would be Bradford, Swindon and MK Dons. Still amazed that Sheff Utd and Bristol City are down the bottom. Long way to go yet, though!

You're absolutely right.

In my defence, that table has changed. Must have not updated when I looked ;)

ohitsaidwalker king power

Not quite. If everyone keeps up the same points per game as now we'll be 7th by 0.8 points.

Please show your workings out...? ;)

You're absolutely right.

In my defence, that table has changed. Must have not updated when I looked ;)

Bottom of the class young Mr Shmmeee....;)

Users who are viewing this thread