23s vs Colchester (1 Viewer)

larry_david

Anyone who's bored on a damp cold Bank Holiday, we're playing at 1.00

Sky Blues Xl: Tom Billson (GK) (C), Joe Newton, George Burroughs, Trialist, Josh Reid, Dan Bartlett, Jordan Young, Ryan Howley, Will Bapaga, Fabio Tavares, Harrison Nee.

Subs: Luke Bell (GK), Dan Lafferty, Trialist, Aaron Evans-Harriott, Fionn O'Brien.

Nee seems to be the hottest ticket in town at the moment. Tavares will hopefully build on his progress. Looking for some magic from young as well, I'm getting the impression he might be useful.

Jack Burroughs I imagine will start on Sat with dabo and dacosta injured

rexo87

Went along to this earlier. Was a fairly scrappy game. Colchester had more possession but mostly in front of us. We had far more quality in attack. Bapaga was very good. Tavares also good - can do a bit of everything. Plays on the shoulder with good pace but then comes deep to link play. Nee looks good as well just needs to bulk up a bit but he’s got plenty of time on his side. Would have thought this was Young and Bartlett’s last game as I believe they are out of contract and don’t look good enough to earn another. Howley is definitely a prospect. The trialist was at CB - bit strong fella (all I could make out of his name was that he was called ‘John’) . Was a bit clumsy and caught out of position a couple of times. Both wing backs were good especially Newton considering he was playing on his wrong side

Terry Gibson's perm

There are a couple of regulars missing Bremang must be getting released and the regular captain Ngandu will he be in Saturdays squad or is he injured

SlowerThanPlatt

There are a couple of regulars missing Bremang must be getting released and the regular captain Ngandu will he be in Saturdays squad or is he injured

Yes he got injured in the last game. From the Cardiff Burroughs will be with first team, McGrath and Rowe presumably injured, though the latter could also be with first team as been on the bench a few times.

Frostie

Went along to this earlier. Was a fairly scrappy game. Colchester had more possession but mostly in front of us. We had far more quality in attack. Bapaga was very good. Tavares also good - can do a bit of everything. Plays on the shoulder with good pace but then comes deep to link play. Nee looks good as well just needs to bulk up a bit but he’s got plenty of time on his side. Would have thought this was Young and Bartlett’s last game as I believe they are out of contract and don’t look good enough to earn another. Howley is definitely a prospect. The trialist was at CB - bit strong fella (all I could make out of his name was that he was called ‘John’) . Was a bit clumsy and caught out of position a couple of times. Both wing backs were good especially Newton considering he was playing on his wrong side

Johnly Yfeko

rexo87

What sort of player is Ryan Howley? We seem to churn out CMs at the moment.

Considering he is 17 (could be 18 not 100% sure) he looks a real talent. Is calm and composed on the ball and has a good eye for a pass. He must also be a good couple of inches over 6 foot. Also believe there were a few teams after him before we gave him a pro deal - that came from someone on here but can’t remember who

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SlowerThanPlatt

S
Considering he is 17 (could be 18 not 100% sure) he looks a real talent. Is calm and composed on the ball and has a good eye for a pass. He must also be a good couple of inches over 6 foot. Also believe there were a few teams after him before we gave him a pro deal - that came from someone on here but can’t remember who

Dave Boddy said it on one of the podcasts that we did very well to keep him as lots of clubs wanted to take him. He’s 17

Terry Gibson's perm

S

Dave Boddy said it on one of the podcasts that we did very well to keep him as lots of clubs wanted to take him. He’s 17

Obviously received good advice in stopping rather than rotting at a bigger club and then being released, if he progresses he could be in the first team squad before players of his age have got out of Man Utd’s youth set up.

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

Good. Looks strong and has some pace about him and his left foot is pretty decent. Think that both him and Newton will be pushing for a place in first team squad next season. Reid is just slightly more physical and obviously has experience of first team football up in Scotland
Cheers mate. Sorry to bombard you with questions but I saw that Aaron Evans-Harriot came on. He was considered a big prospect at cheltenham, was he any good when he came on?

rexo87

Cheers mate. Sorry to bombard you with questions but I saw that Aaron Evans-Harriot came on. He was considered a big prospect at cheltenham, was he any good when he came on?

Was difficult for him. Only got 10-15 mins and we were very much holding on at that point so he hardly got involved being a number 10. Think he’s still 17 or 18 so plenty of time to develop. He is very very small (probably smaller than Jamie Allen)

Was difficult for him. Only got 10-15 mins and we were very much holding on at that point so he hardly got involved being a number 10. Think he’s still 17 or 18 so plenty of time to develop. He is very very small (probably smaller than Jamie Allen)

who do you thinks going to be staying and leaving from the u23s group then, based of the game?

Magwitch1

There’s some good potential in the Acadamy through the age groups. There’s been a bit of deck chair movement the last few months, old manager and some coaches leaving new one coming in with one or two new coaches, have had to endure the lock down but now that’s out of the way hopefully back to normal and things will progress for the good.

Users who are viewing this thread