22/23 Prediction Thread (1 Viewer)

edgy

24. Coventry City (R)

Nick

Administrator
24. Coventry City (R)

giphy.gif

edgy

Certainly going to be difficult to improve on last seasons efforts as things stand. I'm going for a similar pattern :

Great start
Stumbling winter
Drifting finish
12th

no_loyalty

A slight improvement on last season but will still fall short of the playoffs, predicting a 10th place finish.

Bad Boy

Smash it, unbeaten in the league all season.
0-0 draw every game.
42 points, final position 20th

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It's so difficult to say as things stand at the moment. If we keep our best players and sign a few decent defenders and even upgrade one or two strikers then we could do really well. Sell a top asset or two (which is looking likely), and fail to replace them, or upgrade the defence properly, and we will really struggle.

It is a really fine line. It doesn't seem like we are going to sign many players and so far the transfer activity consists only of Palmer (who I find it odd we gave a three year contract to given his record, and ours with struggling to get players off the books). Kane, Walker, Waghorn, looked to be moving on, but are we now settling and keeping them? There is too many if, buts, and maybe's at the moment. My gut says I am a little worried, but it's definitely too early to call it, or start the 'panic'.

A good transfer window: 8th upwards
A bad transfer window: 18th downwards
A medium transfer window: 12th - 14th

In summary, an utterly pointless contribution!

Londonccfcfan

Keep Vik, Hamer and Ohare.

Add 2 centre backs and a left wing back...

No reason why our squad and players shouldn't be better than last year. Assuming they improve.

Vik - 25 plus goals.
Hamer and Ohare both 20 plus assists/goals.

Top 6. Without breaking sweat.

lordy_87

Keep Vik, Hamer and Ohare.

Add 2 centre backs and a left wing back...

No reason why our squad and players shouldn't be better than last year. Assuming they improve.

Vik - 25 plus goals.
Hamer and Ohare both 20 plus assists/goals.

Top 6. Without breaking sweat.
Think that's going a bit over the top especially the Hamer and O'Hare comment but I do agree with you that if we kept everyone together and added the positions you mention we would be a serious force to be reckoned with. There's no reason why that team couldn't make the play offs but unfortunately we are probably selling Hamer and seem to be missing out on defensive targets. We'll see how the window goes I guess. It's weather sisu are willing to take a gamble I suppose but I can't see it.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Matty Godden to get injured at least once by February,
Simon Moore to save 1 penalty this season,
Martyn Waghorn to score 2 times in 2 games and get loaned out to Portsmouth,
Gyökeres to score a hat trick first game of the season against Sunderland,
at least 6 injury time goals (not in one game),
at least 8 comebacks (not in one game),
Fankaty Dabo to get 8 assists this season,
Callum O’hare to play 46 games in the league,
Greggs to make at least 2 funny jokes per matchday thread,
Grendel to call for a taxi 3 times,
Todd Kane to shag someone missus or shit in someones shoes for paintballing,
Last of all a 9th place finish after a strong start and a form doze off after Christmas and form to pick back up around April time to cement the top half finish.

You heard it here first

Londonccfcfan

Think that's going a bit over the top especially the Hamer and O'Hare comment but I do agree with you that if we kept everyone together and added the positions you mention we would be a serious force to be reckoned with. There's no reason why that team couldn't make the play offs but unfortunately we are probably selling Hamer and seem to be missing out on defensive targets. We'll see how the window goes I guess. It's weather sisu are willing to take a gamble I suppose but I can't see it.

Regarding Hamer Ohare comment. Its only a few more assists and or goals than what they got last year. Which they are easily capable of.

Grendel

Regarding Hamer Ohare comment. Its only a few more assists and or goals than what they got last year. Which they are easily capable of.

They had 25 last year how is over a 50% increase a few more

Evo1883

If we start the season as we are now , we finish about 18th as the squad is too small

We probably need about 3/4 more signing of reasonable quality to push top 10

blunted

Too early to call. Depends who will sell and buy and our luck with injuries. MOBO award to me Master of the Bleedin Obvious.

SkyBlueMatt

9th/10th.

I think we'll slightly improve our points total from last season.

There is still plenty of time to replace our defensive weaknesses and the players we have will step up and improve again.

Sheaf to be our stand out player next season.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

Await final squad - anywhere between 6th (if Godden and main players stay fit) and 17th if we struggle with injuries.
Bottom 3 of Blues, Rotherham and ******* ?

Sky Blue Harry H

If we sign a couple of the Israel U19s midfielders we'll finish top 6 - a couple of them look future superstars!

Glook & Lugassi (don't know spellings) look very good.

Users who are viewing this thread