21/22 Player of the Season Vote (1 Viewer)

Joy Division

Hamer for me. Vik has been brilliant also but can't forget the periods of the season where it wasn't happening for him and was on the bench.

Hyam would be up there for me also.

JMc88

As most would accept it's a choice between 3 players really, McFadzean had a great first half of the season and Sheaf has started to show moments of control in games, but it was a clear choice between Gus, Vik & COH. I decided to think about which player has had the most 'Wow' moments which ended up being Hamer for me - particularly since the contract extension, his form has gone up a notch and he hit a pass on Saturday which I think was the best I've seen this season.

Vik & COH obviously the other two in consideration, but alongside their great moments - there have been too many frustrating moments, particularly in front of goal.

Gus Hamer is the clear choice, for me.

clint van damme

Voted for Cal.
Good to have a few realistic options though. 3 or 4 realistic contenders.
Would have considered JCS if he hadn't missed as many games as he has.

Brighton Sky Blue

Went for O’Hare as I think he’s been the most consistent across more of the season. Waghorn’s presence on the list is baffling

Frostie

Gyökeres for me then O'Hare, those 2 have been the most consistent & most important to how we play but with Hamer definitely in the running.
I suspect Gus will get it though as he's seemingly the fan's favourite

WGABSOOS

Sheaf for me. Many questioned why we signed him and now he is the most pivotal part of the team for me

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Was between Hamer and Moore, in the end went for the former, would be interesting if there was a poll on here to show what a percentile of cov fans have voted

steve101

I voted Gyokeres. He is a menace for defenders. If he can improve his finishing and we can hold on to him, we will have a top striker next season. He has improved so much since he came on loan.
Hamer on his day I would say is the stand-out player but he blows a bit hot and cold.

Last edited:

SlowerThanPlatt

Criteria is usually anyone who played a minimum of XX amount of games.

As Bidwell, Walker, Shipley, Kelly etc. aren't options but Godden is I'd guess it's 20 appearances as the cut off point.

Correct

As in previous years, only those players who have played 20 or more league games have been included in the shortlist for the vote.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Gyokeres I've gone for, he's been a revelation imho
If you compare his performances this season to the player who came on as sub in his first few performances last season then revelation is the right word. Kudos to him and the coaching staff who've turned him to the rampaging striker we now have. Still some rough edges sure, but if could get 20 goals next season, we won't be far off.

Hertsccfc

Voted Hamer. Best player over the whole season, and one of the best we have had since relegation from the Premier league.

cv3

Ohare for me. Frustrating at times, but overall workrate, creativity and character takes it. Closely followed by gyo, gus, hyam and Moore.

Users who are viewing this thread