2013/2014 (1 Viewer)

LewSkyBlue

I know its a long way away and we haven't seen much this year but "on paper" if we get promoted this year (big IF), how would/ should this team do in the championship. Since we were relegated to Lge 1 i have said we will go up via playoffs and do a leicester/southampton and be in and around the top 10 of the champ for a year or 2 then go back to the big time! fingers crossed im right

ashbyjan

If we don't get promoted this season then SISU will simply refuse to fund us any further and will pull the plug and we will have bigger things to worry about than performance on the pitch

Gint11

I know its a long way away and we haven't seen much this year but "on paper" if we get promoted this year (big IF), how would/ should this team do in the championship. Since we were relegated to Lge 1 i have said we will go up via playoffs and do a leicester/southampton and be in and around the top 10 of the champ for a year or 2 then go back to the big time! fingers crossed im right

Why on Earth are you thinking of that?? We are 4 games into League one - without a win. Forget the Championship!

LewSkyBlue

Why on Earth are you thinking of that?? We are 4 games into League one - without a win. Forget the Championship!

"i know its a long way away".... be optomistic, we will get promoted this season. had a bit of a blip at the start but theres 42 games left, we will go up. simples!

skyblueman

If we don't get promoted this season then SISU will simply refuse to fund us any further and will pull the plug and we will have bigger things to worry about than performance on the pitch

Got to agree with this - my biggest fear in the coming months is us failing to look like we will get near promotion - with us still looking to lose in the order of £3Million a year now can't see how they can justify keeping on funding the club - unless there are some playing assets that come good in the next 12 months

CJparker

I'm sure I heard that same argument this time last year, regarding whether we stayed up or go to L1!!!

theprince

Don't worry too much about promotion, concentrate on us having a football club to support in 2013/14. There's no more family silver for sisu to sell

lordsummerisle

Don't worry too much about promotion, concentrate on us having a football club to support in 2013/14. There's no more family silver for sisu to sell

Nothing to worry about is there? Hoffman and his billionaire Chinese investors will be riding over the hill like the cavalry soon won't they?

Grendel

Nothing to worry about is there? Hoffman and his billionaire Chinese investors will be riding over the hill like the cavalry soon won't they?

The prince exclusiveley revealed on a thread yesterday that the deal is off.

theprince

Billionairs don't become billionairs hanging around, i fear we have missed the boat with the chinaman, sisu have too

ampthill_sba

Being optimistic is one thing; but wasting time predicting a future on the basis of 4/46 league games is like reading a horrorscope or a fortune cookie and believing it!

Black6Osprey

Got to agree with this - my biggest fear in the coming months is us failing to look like we will get near promotion - with us still looking to lose in the order of £3Million a year now can't see how they can justify keeping on funding the club - unless there are some playing assets that come good in the next 12 months

I also agree. As bad as SISU have been as owners they are still spending more than we are making this season, so in essence they are gambling to a degree that we will go straight back up. If we dont get up a the first time of asking, if SISU do stay around, the budget will be cut again and our chances of going back up the following season get slimmer.

Users who are viewing this thread