2012/13 Squad vs. 2013/14 Squad (1 Viewer)

lewys33

A twitter post got me thinking ....... Which Squad do you prefer? Last years or this years?

Do you think Pressley would have done better this year with last years squad?

Would you have kept certain players from last year (excluding the thought of wages)?

I cant decide which squad I think is better. Last year we had a lot more depth, however this year there have been some better players, but this is also down to personal development.

I think if we would have kept Richard Wood, Stephen Elliot and Cody McDonald we would have been a bit stronger this year. I think we have desperately missed Wood, and the 2 strikers would have been decent enough cover for Clarke and Wilson (a lot better than the loan signings we have had)!

I think sheffers had his day, and Jennings was alright but didn't offer much difference to what we have had this season.

shy_tall_knight

Last year once DMG was on board and whilst leon was fit we looked good. Once leon got injured we faded away. Same as this year Leon & callum together we looked good, lost it when leon left however the return of callum despite his goals the team looks the pooresr in my memory.

Covstu

The only one i would have kepy would have been Wood as our back four have been poor most of the season.

ccfcway

imagine the wage bill v this year, even with 12,000 at our proper home ground, we still wouldnt have been able to keep McSheff, Wood et al.

lewys33

imagine the wage bill v this year, even with 12,000 at our proper home ground, we still wouldnt have been able to keep McSheff, Wood et al.

Agreed, but I did say excluding the thought of wages ;)

Messi would do wonders for us in this league!

ccfcway

2012 / 13 starting line up on day one v Yeovil

Murphy
Hussey
Brown
Clarke
Wood
Barton
Kilbane
Fleck
McDonald
Daniels
Ball

CJ_covblaze

Reece Brown...shudder.

I was staying at Manchester Childrens Hospital early last season with my lad. The staff and other parents often asked me how their "up and coming, promising etc starlet" was getting on. Took me a a few minutes the first time someone said it to work out who they were talking about. Says a lot that we signed the crapper Brown brother.

Users who are viewing this thread