20 mins to get in the ground. (1 Viewer)

bigfatronssba

What were the queues all about? The club really needs to sort itself out.

No point in complaining about low crowds when the clubs actions are doing its best to stop people attending.

ajsccfc

Manned turnstiles vs the card/ticket swiping must eat up a bit of time, looks like they just open fewer turnstiles too.

skybluetony176

About 10mins to get into the North stand they were just about to open another turnstile just as we were going through, probably 10 minutes too late in truth.

rupert_bear

I have mentioned this in another thread, a gate of 11000 should have no queues at all, is it beyond the realms of possibility to have a load of turnstiles on pay on the day and sit wherever you want in that area. Surely there could be some sort of automatic payment putting a 20 quid note in a slot, as you do at a lot of car parks, toll booths etc

Otis

Which stand were you in? I was in tesco stand and there wasn't even a queue. I walked straight up to the turnstile, asked the ST number, have over said number and I was in.

Waggott said they reverted to that in the end after things had been going very slow previously.

ajsccfc

When we were getting in the East they announced over the PA that gates for the North were pretty clear and suggested going in that way and just going round the concourse. Nobody seemed to move, but worth bearing in mind if this is a regular thing.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I have mentioned this in another thread, a gate of 11000 should have no queues at all, is it beyond the realms of possibility to have a load of turnstiles on pay on the day and sit wherever you want in that area. Surely there could be some sort of automatic payment putting a 20 quid note in a slot, as you do at a lot of car parks, toll booths etc

At a stadium that has gone back to paper season ticket books? Your suggestion is far too advanced :D

Marty

I turned up late today. Got there with 5 minutes to go, and the queue was almost back to the road, I got in before the game kicked off, much faster using the paper tickets.

Terry Gibson's perm

I was trying to get into the East stand at about 2.40 with queues ahead and then thankfully somebody came in a wheelchair and they opened the big doors and about 30 or 40 pushed in through there otherwise i don't think I would have been in the ground before 3.10 total shambles. I also had to wait for an hour and a half at the ground this morning to get the tickets that they didn't send. That far arse hole Fisher was there but made not effort to walk down the lines as he knew what he would get. Glad we won though.

Como

Waiting to get in, unbelievable, surprised anybody turned up.

As an aside this would surely be one of these situations where you would have wanted to turn up early.

D

Deleted member 4439

Dear supporter

Thank you once again for your fantastic support at today’s game against Yeovil Town.

Steven Pressley, the staff and the team are all extremely grateful for the warm welcome they have received since we returned to the Ricoh Arena.

I understand that there were long queues again today for those supporters who were collecting their tickets and Season tickets for the match.

I can only unreservedly apologise for that but you can rest assured that, over the next fortnight, we will be working hard behind the scenes to get all of the systems in place to address this.

The team at the CCFC Superstore have worked unbelievably hard since the announcement that we were coming back to the Ricoh Arena and I know supporters appreciate the effort that they have put in. Without them, the two games we’ve played back in the city would have been impossible.

So, again, I thank you for your patience and understanding. I was so keen to get us back playing in Coventry as soon as possible that there have been issues and it is up to us to work through and resolve those as quickly as we possibly can to ensure that your experience of the club is seamless and smooth – from buying tickets to attending the game.

It’s vital we get those things right off the pitch in order to make sure as many of our supporters can enjoy the action on it.

Steve Waggott, chief executive of Coventry City Football Club.

ajsccfc

They must mean business as I got the same email and I only get about 10% of their emails make it through.

skybluepm2

Majorly pissed off. Having ordered my season ticket 3 weeks ago and being moved 3 times in that period only to now find myself back in my original position in the north stand(!) I hadn't received a single match ticket in the post so queued for an hour today fr 1:30-2:30 until common sense prevailed and the stewards began giving out tickets to cut down the queues following a check on ID etc. the next 2 weeks should now see things sorted but I'm sure the shambles up to today contributed in such a pathetic crowd. Great victory, very pleased with SP and the team at the minute. Never say die attitude and looking very difficult to beat!! PUSB

ajsccfc

It's weird how nearly everyone has had various trouble or been in huge queues for season tickets when last Saturday we went in at lunchtime and within 15 minutes were out with a full printed booklet. Some stars aligning, Twilight Zone kind of fluke by the sounds of all the hassle people have had.

stay_up_skyblues

You are saying that 1) there should be no queue to get in to an event with 11,000 people attending and 2) that the club should implement technology at a ground they don't own whereby you insert £20 into an automated machine that allows you in? Ergo the club assume responsibility for this system at a venue they don't own, and rely on machines for cloud control etc? Are you completely retarded or just a child?

Gaz71

We turned up at 2.45, went through cash turnstile and sat down at 2.55....

Cash turnstiles wasn't the problem today there no queues at any of them, it was prepaid tickets and season tickets, we queued for 1 hour for season tickets that were not delivered

stupot07

After queuing to get my ST's tickets for 90 minutes this morning, I have little sympathy to this that waited for only 20 mins....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Block19

It's a tactic by SISU get large queues to form before kick,so the next match everyone skips the pub and burger house and buys in the stadium, so they make revenue on the food and beer now they get a share.

RFC

It's a tactic by SISU get large queues to form before kick,so the next match everyone skips the pub and burger house and buys in the stadium, so they make revenue on the food and beer now they get a share.

They do not make revenue from F & B under the current deal.

Like many other situations more to it than meets the eye but will be sorted in time, swift return has mean't lack of preparation & time to handle what's normally achieved over a 10 to 12 week period.

Ashdown

Cash turnstiles wasn't the problem today there no queues at any of them, it was prepaid tickets and season tickets, we queued for 1 hour for season tickets that were not delivered

Err completely wrong, cash turnstile queues went back to the railings beyond the grass and then along some more !

Gaz71

Err completely wrong, cash turnstile queues went back to the railings beyond the grass and then along some more !

Err... Complete rubbish, there were cash turnstiles at every stand and the cash turnstile at the north stand had no queues while I was waiting in season ticket line

Sbarcher

How simple would it have been to print a ticket at home? Most events and flights etc give you a PDF to print. Surely this is not beyond even the club to handle.....

torchomatic

But you have to "scan" those kind of tickets on some kind of machine. That technology isn't at the Ricoh and we don't own the Ricoh.

I can't help feeling that all this "don't let the club buy the ground" stuff is starting to bite some people on the arse. You can't have it all ways. Write to ACL to see if they will pay for your PDF scanning system.

How simple would it have been to print a ticket at home? Most events and flights etc give you a PDF to print. Surely this is not beyond even the club to handle.....

Gaz71

But you have to "scan" those kind of tickets on some kind of machine. That technology isn't at the Ricoh and we don't own the Ricoh.

I can't help feeling that all this "don't let the club buy the ground" stuff is starting to bite some people on the arse. You can't have it all ways. Write to ACL to see if they will pay for your PDF scanning system.

The Ricoh still has it's scanning machines on the turnstiles?

Ashdown

Err... Complete rubbish, there were cash turnstiles at every stand and the cash turnstile at the north stand had no queues while I was waiting in season ticket line

Apologies if that was the case but us and hundreds of others joined a substantial queue. If there were other gates taking cash then the biggest fault lay in the fact that they weren't advertised as doing so with any signs. In previous seasons they at least had 'Cash Only' signs stuck up outside the turnstiles !

Sba180

They do not make revenue from F & B under the current deal.

Like many other situations more to it than meets the eye but will be sorted in time, swift return has mean't lack of preparation & time to handle what's normally achieved over a 10 to 12 week period.

So what is the current deal, oh dearest SISU plant?
Nobody outside of the clique knows so tell us your font of knowledge.....

...Tim?

torchomatic

The Ricoh still has it's scanning machines on the turnstiles?
Card slots.

Sent from my phone using my chubby sausage fingers so please excuse any errors.

Grendel

Apologies if that was the case but us and hundreds of others joined a substantial queue. If there were other gates taking cash then the biggest fault lay in the fact that they weren't advertised as doing so with any signs. In previous seasons they at least had 'Cash Only' signs stuck up outside the turnstiles !

Oddly the two I knew who paid saw a big queue and asked a steward if there were other paying areas. He said go further up they did and were in after 10 minutes.

letsallsingtogether

But with a crowd of 11.000 ten minutes is too long.

How many supporters actually paid on the gate I didn't know any?

Next Saturdays game at Rochdale I believe is all pay on the gate lets see how they manage?

Oddly the two I knew who paid saw a big queue and asked a steward if there were other paying areas. He said go further up they did and were in after 10 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread