20,000 empty seats (1 Viewer)

CJparker

Attendance last night was reported as 12,600 - this means we had very nearly 20,000 empty seats. Expect that to be a fairly common sight this season - is there any other club in the league that has so many empty seats for a typical home game?

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Over 12k for a Tuesday night game is a good attendance at this level really, despite how many empty seats there are.

bulkoskyblue

Over 12k for a Tuesday night game is a good attendance at this level really, despite how many empty seats there are.

agree there Andy, after the years of shit we have had to put up with 12k on a Tues night in the soul less bowl on the edge of town is a decent effort.

ggrady

It's a good crowd. We have to face it we would struggle to fill the stadium if we were in the prem let alone division 3

Coventrycityfc

It's about the bums on seats not the empty ones! We tried giving seats away for a £1 and still no great difference. Really can't grumble at 12k + for a Tuesdsy evening ! PUSB CTID

ThisManHere

12.6k for a Tuesday night game is very good at this level.

This was more than all other League One games and more than a few Championship games....

ccfcway

offer free advertsiisng to local firms if they buy some season tickets, then put banners around the top 20 rows of so, reducing the capicity and making the ground feel a bit fuller..

Lets face it, its not going to get any busier this season

Si80

There was never 12K there last night.

The Lloyds stand was as sparse as it always is. Telegraph stand was empty compared to last season. Only stand that was near full was the "old" Tescos stand. I reckon Sheffield Utd brought 1.5k max with them, and at best their was 10k there.

valiant15

Anyone notice that the attendence wasn't announced during the game? I thought there was about 10k max there aswell.

Tommo72

Attendance last night was reported as 12,600 - this means we had very nearly 20,000 empty seats. Expect that to be a fairly common sight this season - is there any other club in the league that has so many empty seats for a typical home game?

I think we have to try and forget the amount of empty seats this season.....

If we do well there will be bigger crowds than last night for sure.....and bigger away followings with MK Dons, Swindon, Notts County, Walsall, Shrewsbury and Portsmouth likely to bring more than 1500, depending on other factors.

fernandopartridge

There was never 12K there last night.

The Lloyds stand was as sparse as it always is. Telegraph stand was empty compared to last season. Only stand that was near full was the "old" Tescos stand. I reckon Sheffield Utd brought 1.5k max with them, and at best their was 10k there.

There was comfortably 12k there. The Tesco stand probably holds in the region of 10k itself, even at 60% capacity it's half the gate.

CJparker

Hey, I wasn' criticising as I thought 12k was pretty good too, if true

I just am genuinely interested about whether there are any other clubs with as much surplus capacity as us

ashbyjan

I believe 12k was about right and considering it was a Tuesday night in the 3rd division that is testament to the core fan base we have. I was expecting 8-10k but shows that if we do start winning we could get 15k. Its a bit of a culture shock for most City fans when we realise we are being considered the "big boys" of the division - not a situation we are used to and will take a bit of getting used to.

fernandopartridge

I believe 12k was about right and considering it was a Tuesday night in the 3rd division that is testament to the core fan base we have. I was expecting 8-10k but shows that if we do start winning we could get 15k. Its a bit of a culture shock for most City fans when we realise we are being considered the "big boys" of the division - not a situation we are used to and will take a bit of getting used to.

Don't say that, it's 'disrespectful' to other teams.

pusbccfc

fernandopartridge

Hey, I wasn' criticising as I thought 12k was pretty good too, if true

I just am genuinely interested about whether there are any other clubs with as much surplus capacity as us

It's 38-39% of capacity, it's actually probably proportionately no worse than a lot of other teams.

Diehard Si

They include season tickets in attendance whether they go or not.

We need to net more areas off though. Bunch people in together.

Or maybe do like they did in Poland. Paint the seats diff colours do it looks like people on the crowd and not empty seats ;)

Users who are viewing this thread