2 options for Saturday (1 Viewer)

Swanny80

OK, lets look at the facts. We are all gutted, pissed off and annoyed with things on the pitch (im not going into the issues off it)

The fact is we have a manager that to me looks like hes here to stay after recently signing a four year deal. Yes, performances and results are shocking but we have two options regarding Saturdays game

1) we all turn up in a negative anti Pressley and players mood and it spreads around the ground and onto the pitch in minutes

2) we accept that regardless of all this we all love CCFC and we support our team and manager. We get behind them against a strong opposition and pull together to get through this.

The sad thing about all this is that ive never wanted anyone to succeed as much as Pressley. Hes got passion, and I think he genuinely cares about OUR club.

I appreciate the natural thing we all feel like doing is shouting screaming and calling for Pressleys head but im going to try my best to be positive and support OUR club and OUR manager

Let the bashing of this post commence . . . . .

hill83

The answer has to be number 2. I've had enough of the bloke and his tactics but negativity in the ground won't help.
I won't be asking him for a wave though.

Pressley has shown loyalty to Coventry City in adversity when it would have been easy for him to walk away. I think he deserves some reciprocal loyalty from the fans. While we do need to see a massive improvement on the pitch to give us something to cheer, that in my view is more about the players showing commitment to the fans and the club than about Pressley's weaknesses as a manager.

Otis

OK, lets look at the facts. We are all gutted, pissed off and annoyed with things on the pitch (im not going into the issues off it)

The fact is we have a manager that to me looks like hes here to stay after recently signing a four year deal. Yes, performances and results are shocking but we have two options regarding Saturdays game

1) we all turn up in a negative anti Pressley and players mood and it spreads around the ground and onto the pitch in minutes

2) we accept that regardless of all this we all love CCFC and we support our team and manager. We get behind them against a strong opposition and pull together to get through this.

The sad thing about all this is that ive never wanted anyone to succeed as much as Pressley. Hes got passion, and I think he genuinely cares about OUR club.

I appreciate the natural thing we all feel like doing is shouting screaming and calling for Pressleys head but im going to try my best to be positive and support OUR club and OUR manager

Let the bashing of this post commence . . . . .

When I saw the title I thought the 2 options were going to be;

1. We forfeit the match before the game kicks off, giving away the 3 points, but avoiding further injuries and suspensions

or

2. We dig up the pitch and make it unplayable.

oscillatewildly

You just know fully well it's going to be option 1, from the majority of the 6,000 or so home crowd. I too, go along with your sentiments regarding SP. But his sheer obstinance with sticking with a system which fails week after week has got so many supporters backs up.
I'll certainly be entering 'cauldron' Ricoh on Saturday with an open mind if a certain CB and CF are back in the starting line up. But moods can change so quickly at the moment.

Otis

Let's be honest here, there hasn't been a single chant for his head yet from the City faithful at home games. Think fans have been really patient with him.

We go 2-0 down on Saturday though and I think the grumbles will indeed turn to calls for his head.

What is happening out there on the pitch is unacceptable. A lot of that is beyond SP's control, but still, it is down to him to work with what he's got, or bring the right players in, deploy the right system and get the players playing for the shirt with pride, passion and spirit.

italiahorse

The answer has to be number 2. I've had enough of the bloke and his tactics but negativity in the ground won't help.
I won't be asking him for a wave though.

We always start at 2.
Then the team, for whatever reasons, fails to turn up and compete.
You would need to be something special to keep positive and leave positive.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Pressley has shown loyalty to Coventry City in adversity when it would have been easy for him to walk away. I think he deserves some reciprocal loyalty from the fans. While we do need to see a massive improvement on the pitch to give us something to cheer, that in my view is more about the players showing commitment to the fans and the club than about Pressley's weaknesses as a manager.

I agree on balance with the first part. But the last sentence not so sure. I look at the teams he has picked this season and cant help thinking he has put round pegs in square holes in terms of the players in many positions, ok some is because of injuries but his insistence on how it is all set up is the main reason. Do that, play to ideology not player strengths and you will not get the best from the team no matter how committed they are

WestEndAgro

I'm not going Saturday, I'm off to see "Three minute Hero's" at the Belgrade, atleast I'll be entertained !

Does anyone want my ticket ?

fernandopartridge

I agree on balance with the first part. But the last sentence not so sure. I look at the teams he has picked this season and cant help thinking he has put round pegs in square holes in terms of the players in many positions, ok some is because of injuries but his insistence on how it is all set up is the main reason. Do that, play to ideology not player strengths and you will not get the best from the team no matter how committed they are
But they're not committed either. It can't be denied. They work nowhere near as hard as his team did early last season. Last night they showed absolutely no desire to win the game.

SkyBlueSid

Unfortunately most people are going for Option 3. That involves deciding that the fodder served up at the Ricoh is bad and getting worse, so they choose to do something else instead.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
But they're not committed either. It can't be denied. They work nowhere near as hard as his team did early last season. Last night they showed absolutely no desire to win the game.

Don't disagree fp but I think you need to go to the root cause not the side effect. The players have no confidence in what they are doing, in the system they are playing, or to some degree each other. Doesn't matter if it is L1, Sunday League, or an office job you get that in your head (a) it is hard to shift (b) it is going to affect how committed you are

Add to that the fact that young players are just not so resilient in adversity and it is all teetering on melt down

fernandopartridge

Don't disagree fp but I think you need to go to the root cause not the side effect. The players have no confidence in what they are doing, in the system they are playing, or to some degree each other. Doesn't matter if it is L1, Sunday League, or an office job you get that in your head (a) it is hard to shift (b) it is going to affect how committed you are

Add to that the fact that young players are just not so resilient in adversity and it is all teetering on melt down
Fair point. Even when they went to 442 they showed zero appetite. They are completely bereft of confidence mind you.

Users who are viewing this thread