2 games in (1 Viewer)

cc84cov

Don’t panic Mr Mannering - MR has got this sussed!
When we shortly get back to full strength we will see a massive improvement - err hang on - aren’t we unbeaten so far? Have we conceded a single goal yet?
Time to chill out people - we are on the right road and as Mark Robins said yesterday “it’s written in the stars”.
Relax - come the end of the season we will be in the top 6.
I like your optimism mate I hope your right I think Allen will be a massive plus I’m certain if Godden has service he will score plenty we need to become ruthless & clinical.

Hobo

Early games are always full of inconsistencies, we have had far worse starts.

We are not going to be automatic promotion contenders. Top half most likely with an outside chance of play offs at best.

We have some young players and some coming back from injury so a lot depends on how they develop over the season.

First time I have said this, but I dont see much in Baka as a player. I think Hiwula has a lot of potential, but should be played down the middle.

I am hoping Allen will make a big difference. I think Jobello could be a creative source but has to start going one on one with his man, getting behind defenders and stretching them defensively.

covboy1987

So, we've had 2 games. Thoughts so far?

Not knee jerk but we're going to struggle. Same issues as last year, however now lacking any creativity. Yes we beat southend but only just, and they were poor. They got smashed 3 1 at home to 10 man Blackpool.

I know it's a marathon not a sprint but i am genuinely concerned. Todays fucked me right off
Thought everything looks like going to plan - agree with Robins on another day we could have beat Bolton 3 or 4 - We look promising when knocking the ball around 5 or 6 games with a team of new players in I'm confident things will start to come together

vow

Nope. But the same patterns are repeating themselves season after season now. He's doing some great stuff with CCFC but we can also point out the flaws without wanting him sacked :)
Yep, fair comment, just thought it was another 'taxi for robins' type post.

SkyblueTexan

I echo the sentiments of most on here that it's early days and while the result against bolton didn't yield the expected 3 points, we have to look at the positives: 2 clean sheets and numerous new signings to assimilate into our system (some of whom are key players that have yet to feature). The players are not up to full fitness yet and we still have 44 games to play. Portsmouth have lost a match, Sunderland have not yet picked up a win yet, Peterboro have lost both matches etc. So it's not like all the pre-season favorites are firing on all cylinders either. Hopefully, this serves as a wake-up call for us to spur us on.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

So, we've had 2 games. Thoughts so far?

Robins HAS got to play TWO upfront, has he not LEARNT anything from last season .

One upfront on his own just doesn't work, we haven't got the quality strikers for it to work and playing them on the wing is crazy.

cc84cov

Robins HAS got to play TWO upfront, has he not LEARNT anything from last season .

One upfront on his own just doesn't work, we haven't got the quality strikers for it to work and playing them on the wing is crazy.
1 up front works if the system works we’re trying to force systems without the personnel,rather see us go 2 upfront myself tbh it killed Chaplin last seasons system & I fear it will be the same with Godden if we play him alone.

Warwickhunt

We had 3 dissallowed 2 stonewall penalties denied! if the officails had done their job properley and awarded just one of those chances we would have gone on to score a shed load! as it was they denied the chances and therefore increased the Bolton Players confidence as the game went on. The next team that plays them might have the officials on their side and one goal will kill off the youngsters.

Gazolba

I like your optimism mate I hope your right I think Allen will be a massive plus I’m certain if Godden has service he will score plenty we need to become ruthless & clinical.
Ruthless and Clinical, two words that don't often spring to mind when talking about CCFC.

Users who are viewing this thread