2.7 million wage budget (1 Viewer)

Noggin

It seems alot of people feel Pressley is seriously under performing because we have a wage budget of 2.7 million (which comes from the recent forum?) if its true that we are currently spending this on players then while summer recruitment was very difficult I'd still agree that he is seriously underforming.

However, do people believe we are spending 2.7million on player wages and that we are in the top 8 spenders on wages? I don't not for a second.

When we hear that our wage budget is 2.7m, we all rightly assume that means that the amount we are playing all our first team squad players x 52 weeks = 2.7 million.

Does it mean that though?

2.7m /52weeks /24 players 2.15k per week per player which is alot when you consider that 24 includes James Madison, Ivor Lawton, Jack Finch, Ryan Haynes, hell we are surely not paying Burge anything like 2.1k a week either. Then there is 3 players from Bournemouth who I highly doubt we are paying 2.1k a week each for since they were part of the Wilson deal. taking all that into account means we are paying about an average of 3k a week for everyone else which would surely mean we are paying some of them well over that. I just don't believe they would have been making 4k or so a week deals in northampton.

is it more likely they are playing fast and loose with the truth again and a wage budget of 2.7 million means we are able to spend 2.7m under ffp rules rather than we have spent that?

Or could it mean we are spending 2.7million on wages this year but that includes paying out contracts of people we are getting no benefit from like Baker who if we truely were paying 8k a week for probably cost 4k a week to get rid of.

Or this year could be 2014 instead of this season.

I could easily be wrong though, there is no inside info here, just a healthy scepticism about the hidden meanings behind what we are told by people who can't lie straight in bed. Perhaps we are currently spending 2.7m on player wages and that would probably mean Pressley should be on very thin ice but I doubt it.

stupot07

Will that include paying off baker? Is it just wages or does it include bonuses, loan fees, and agents fees? Is it for a season or financial year? If so doesn't it include the departed high earners? Does it include the other YTS players (16-18) that haven't been in the squad yet? Does it include oncosts - Employer NI contributions, pensions (does the PFA have one?) etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

Evo1883

We will soon have an anthology of excuses for underachieving in league1

Rusty Trombone

It may be the budget, doesn't necessarily mean he's been able to make use of it. They haven't said it's likely to be the wage bill.

Noggin

Will that include paying off baker? Is it just wages or does it include bonuses, loan fees, and agents fees? Is it for a season or financial year? If so doesn't it include the departed high earners?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

yes it could include any or all of those, thats very much my point that there is a lot of criticism of Pressley because he has the budget for top 10 yet we don't seem like a top 10 team, but if it includes departed high earners, paying of baker etc then he doesn't have a 2.7mill a year top 10 team (cost wise) at all and that makes the criticism alot less valid.

Personally I can't stand the nonsense Presley talks after a game but I'm far from convinced he means it, he believes (and he knows alot more than me about football and motivation) that is the right way to give interviews to get the most out of the squad, It is after all scientific consensus I believe that positive reinforcement rather than negative reinforcement increases performance, even to the level that sports players praised after a defeat can have more testosterone for a game in a weeks time than once criticised after a defeat.

I truly believe the reason we are struggling is because we had very little money to attract players in the summer and very little reason for them to come here, rather than because half the forum knows more about football tactics than Pressley (which is of course nonsense) if the reason is because the squad is just not good enough then sacking Pressley doesn't turn things around but instead loses our last asset and all but guarantees relegation, something I don't want to see happen but I feel is what we are heading towards with the negativity quickly rising.

Last edited:

Noggin

It may be the budget, doesn't necessarily mean he's been able to make use of it. They haven't said it's likely to be the wage bill.

Agreed but that isn't what most people took from the statement and presumably isn't what they wanted us to take from the statement. Suddenly there is alot of people posting how Pressley has the money to be top 10 because of the fans forum. yet I just don't see how its true, especially combined with the fact they just said we are cash flow positive (although that is probably another deliberately misleading comment) he wants us to believe that means we are in profit but it really just means for 1 month we had more money coming in than going out because we just sold a few k season tickets over a short period.

The Lurker

i bet we have some of the highest earners in league 1

O'Brien
Reda Johnson
Tudgay
S Jackson
Swanson

all probably in the top 25 earners in our league

Rusty Trombone

Agreed but that isn't what most people took from the statement and presumably isn't what they wanted us to take from the statement. Suddenly there is alot of people posting how Pressley has the money to be top 10 because of the fans forum. yet I just don't see how its true, especially combined with the fact they just said we are cash flow positive (although that is probably another deliberately misleading comment) he wants us to believe that means we are in profit but it really just means for 1 month we had more money coming in than going out because we just sold a few k season tickets over a short period.

It wouldn't be the first time the club, and to be fair not just ours, issues a statement they know will be taken one way, but the reality may be the exact words.

ccfcway

O'Brien
Reda Johnson
Tudgay
S Jackson
Swanson

and under the right manager and formation, I would suggest 3 of these are in the top 25 players in our league

Ashdown

It seems alot of people feel Pressley is seriously under performing because we have a wage budget of 2.7 million (which comes from the recent forum?) if its true that we are currently spending this on players then while summer recruitment was very difficult I'd still agree that he is seriously underforming.

However, do people believe we are spending 2.7million on player wages and that we are in the top 8 spenders on wages? I don't not for a second.

When we hear that our wage budget is 2.7m, we all rightly assume that means that the amount we are playing all our first team squad players x 52 weeks = 2.7 million.

Does it mean that though?

2.7m /52weeks /24 players 2.15k per week per player which is alot when you consider that 24 includes James Madison, Ivor Lawton, Jack Finch, Ryan Haynes, hell we are surely not paying Burge anything like 2.1k a week either. Then there is 3 players from Bournemouth who I highly doubt we are paying 2.1k a week each for since they were part of the Wilson deal. taking all that into account means we are paying about an average of 3k a week for everyone else which would surely mean we are paying some of them well over that. I just don't believe they would have been making 4k or so a week deals in northampton.

is it more likely they are playing fast and loose with the truth again and a wage budget of 2.7 million means we are able to spend 2.7m under ffp rules rather than we have spent that?

Or could it mean we are spending 2.7million on wages this year but that includes paying out contracts of people we are getting no benefit from like Baker who if we truely were paying 8k a week for probably cost 4k a week to get rid of.

Or this year could be 2014 instead of this season.

I could easily be wrong though, there is no inside info here, just a healthy scepticism about the hidden meanings behind what we are told by people who can't lie straight in bed. Perhaps we are currently spending 2.7m on player wages and that would probably mean Pressley should be on very thin ice but I doubt it.
Perhaps it also contains a large provision for SISU's 'management charges' again ? I don't believe our current squad are being paid £2.7 million for a minute. I can see the likes of Nouble, Johnson, Jackson and Tudgay maybe earning a few quid but the rest will be on peanuts except perhaps Fleck !? I imagine the removal of all the big earners from last season, the Wilson money and the £1 million plus in ST money has helped a tad plus the TV game and a 27,000 crowd. I doubt we will see the benefit of this on the pitch though, this is SISU, there will only be further cuts where possible !

SkyBlue_Bear83

O'Brien
Reda Johnson
Tudgay
S Jackson
Swanson

Exactly, lets not forget Peterborough and Barnsley both offered new contracts to Swanson and O'Brien yet both players agreed to join us instead

SkyBlue_Bear83

Not sure about o'brien, but perhaps we offered Swanson better money...

http://m.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sp...isses-out-on-double-your-money-deal-1-6146523

No idea on terms offered but both players decided to join us when they had contract extensions from Peterborough and Barnsley on the table, I don't think it was because they were impressed by Sixfields?

http://www.barnsley-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/jimbo_says_no_834760/index.shtml

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sp...news/coventry-city-sign-barnsley-wide-7371397

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I think there could be an element of playing with words going on

The SCMP limit could be £2.7m but that doesn't include all players or the coaching and other staff at the club. So it could be he is saying that's the calculated limit and what is being paid out for wages of players is something different - it could be much lower

Or it could be that the business has set its own players wages limit that is £2.7m and that covers players included and not included in the SMCP calculation.

Or the club total player budget could be equal to the SCMP limit

Either way for the business to be cashflow positive surely they must be physically paying out less overheads interest and total wages than the physical amounts they are receiving in

Last edited:
J

Jack Griffin

Yeah, but they just sold all the season tickets, so they may be cashflow -ve next month if attendences are very poor!

Users who are viewing this thread