1st half v 2nd (1 Viewer)

harvey098

Tells me that we have great fitness and good in-game management.

We have one of the lowest budgets in the league so it’s to be expected that we will be beaten on ability but clearly we have a never-say-die attitude and find a way to stay in games and get stronger.

I find these stats even more of an accomplishment for Robins and his team tbh

CDK

It says a lot for robins man management ability to turn games in our favour.

Evo1883

Very similar to our league 1 title season early on in the season in the fact that we came back several times from being behind .

We started poorly away then too 😉

SkyBlueMatt

It's a good job its a game of two halves then!

Robins & the team do it on purpose. For us, for this forum. It's what keeps this forum going, it gives ammunition for people to complain at HT then other people to tell the first half people 'I told you so' at FT. The circle of life!

It would be nice to tighten up in the first half but since Robins took over we have been a second half team. Obviously he and the coaching team will be working to improve first half performances. I'd prefer come on strong 2nd half than be like Blackburn where they have made a habit of throwing away leads (Mowbray going defensive). We overcome them, it keeps us all on our toes.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
I think MR has always tried to keep first half tight in all the years he has been here, I cannot remember many games where we have really gone for it.

rob9872

I thinknthe issue is we thought we'd done it today by leading at half time. The truth is so did I. In reality it meant we weren't as fired up coming out with that same impetus as we normally would have to and in part lots of inexperience at the level still. We needed to start stronger and I guess majored on that, but forgot to do the other bits right.

Sky Blue Pete

I thinknthe issue is we thought we'd done it today by leading at half time. The truth is so did I. In reality it meant we weren't as fired up coming out with that same impetus as we normally would have to and in part lots of inexperience at the level still. We needed to start stronger and I guess majored on that, but forgot to do the other bits right.
That is annoying if that’s the case as that’s what we did with Luton

Complacency sucks. Although they had a good 15 we were holding them at bay but not getting forward. Such a poor result

mds

I think the way the first half ended we all thought the game was done and dusted, we`ll come out second half and walk all over them. I didnt expect in a month of sundays we would come out and sit back at all, let alone them come out and push us as hard as they did to which we fell apart. Poor across the board second half, no excuses, just not good enough!

Macca1987

So, walking back to the car last night my lad asked what I thought of the second half display we had just witnessed, I thought it over for a few minutes and then just said to him SPACE JAM. To me it seemed that those evil little aliens were lurking in the tunnel with a football and as Coventry players passed, sucked out all their skill and energy into the ball, the players that came out seemed completely out of sorts and devoid of how to approach a high tempo high attacking Preston in the second half.
Anyway onwards and upwards, still 4th, and hopefully a banging game against Derby on Saturday to come. PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread