1st Choice Targets Missed? (1 Viewer)

Samo

... it's starting to look that way isn't it?

Hobo

He said we might have to wait for the first choices though. He said it would be a waiting game for the better players while squads settled in preparation season.

Samo

He said we might have to wait for the first choices though. He said it would be a waiting game for the better players while squads settled in preparation season.

He was talking about loans and said he wanted perms in quickly.

Chipfat

The Scottish RB was one he signed for the shrews i think, he has said some have slipped through the net some down to geography of moving a family on not the right money on offer. They will be others but to be fair not every manager will get all of his targets in the door and some targets may have to wait as parent clubs are waiting for transfer they have to come off. No panic still couple of weeks to sort all out yet.

Last edited:

trondegilsoltvedt97

Not necessarily. There isn't a set date you have to get your squad in place for - except for the start of September. Any decent players have a couple of offers to consider, and will probably bargain one against the other until the last minute. Also, with loans - it will depend on when the PL clubs weigh up their options

rupert_bear

It's a bit of a bastard but Pogba has had his head turned by United, Messi is stuck in a Spanish jail somewhere and that Ronaldo's on his last legs if you ask me. Suppose we could find out if Julian Gray is free and able.

Gazolba

Ideally you would have your new team in place by the time the pre-season friendlies are played. Then you would use those games to gel the new team and hit the ground running when the season begins. Instead, we have a shambles of a half-complete team and are using the friendlies to give playing time to youngsters who most likely will not feature for the first team this season.

D

Deleted member 2477

Its looking like sisu have fed us bull once again to try and sell season tickets.
Wait for the excuses now of why we couldnt sign the players we wanted whilst we start the season with a squad half the strength of last season.

At least sisu have saved a bit more money whilst this club sinks into ablivion.
Cant wait for next season when we lose tm as he has seen the light and we have no stadium in a couple of years thanks to joy and co alienating everyone in the city

FRY-CCFC

It's amazing how this negative stuff is being posted again despite us being in pretty much the same position as last season

ccfcway

It's amazing how this negative stuff is being posted again despite us being in pretty much the same position as last season

not sure I agree with some of the negativity on here, but surely they have a point in that if we want to build, we really shouldn't be in the same position as last year, we should be stronger ?

Brylowes

I never really post negative stuff about the playing side of the club, I prefer to
try and stay positive, but TBH I'm amazed "most on here" are as positive as
they are.

Samo

If that was aimed at me I don't see how my OP was negative. I was simply asking the realistic question; Is this where we are?

fernandopartridge

Its looking like sisu have fed us bull once again to try and sell season tickets.
Wait for the excuses now of why we couldnt sign the players we wanted whilst we start the season with a squad half the strength of last season.

At least sisu have saved a bit more money whilst this club sinks into ablivion.
Cant wait for next season when we lose tm as he has seen the light and we have no stadium in a couple of years thanks to joy and co alienating everyone in the city
Where have SISU fed us anything apart from in your desperate imagination

johnwillomagic

Dear oh dear the same negative crap from the same people who said the same thing last season and said "we only have Callum Wilson up front and he's shit"! The year before that...yawn! Meanwhile the sensible few let the pre season play out as normal....refresh my memory have we lost all our pre season games to date this season to provoke this reaction?

Brylowes

Dear oh dear the same negative crap from the same people who said the same thing last season and said "we only have Callum Wilson up front and he's shit"! The year before that...yawn! Meanwhile the sensible few let the pre season play out as normal....refresh my memory have we lost all our pre season games to date this season to provoke this reaction?
TBF though, we always start in the same league as the year before, unless we get relegated.

johnwillomagic

Also don't think we have necessarily missed out on no 1 targets at this stage of season. In pre season targets have a habit of moving around a lot anyway

D

Deleted member 2477

Fernando you really need to wake up mate if you think sisu have never fed us bull and false promises.
Lol i cant believe you even made that statement

fernandopartridge

Fernando you really need to wake up mate if you think sisu have never fed us bull and false promises.
Lol i cant believe you even made that statement
You were talking in the context of signings. I can't remember Joy Seppalla coming out and promising anything, can you?
Yeah, you're right about other things, ie the new ground.
We've basically signed 5 players including McCann. Jones, Gadzhev (signed last season for this season), Thomas and Sordell. No need to panic yet. Last season we signed who by this point?

covcity4life

I am sure these moaners are anti sisu stooges who sign up.only to turn fans against owners so council get a free ride.

We need 4 to 6 players. We have 3 weeks. I am sure we will get thrm.

If.mowbray was desperate he woukd have signed the German winger who was on trial

ccfcway

whats losing pre season games have to do with the squad your building for the season ?

Brylowes

I am sure these moaners are anti sisu stooges who sign up.only to turn fans against owners so council get a free ride.

We need 4 to 6 players. We have 3 weeks. I am sure we will get thrm.

If.mowbray was desperate he woukd have signed the German winger who was on trial
LOL. :woot:

Otis

Well I'm always glass half full. Am always feeling confident going into a new season too.

No need to panic yet.

robbiekeane

Wow you guys talk some nonsense. Maybe you'd prefer it if Pressley was here and had signed 11 new dog shit players at this point?

Mowbray has a playing budget and he will have know what the minimum of that was when he signed his contract. So if we haven't signed enough players yet that's his choice because he is either waiting for his preferred targets, or hasnt found who he wants yet (I expect, and certainly hope, it's the former). We've signed 5 players for gods sake including Gadzhev and Jones at the end of last season. Both quality players.

Please explain to me what SISU have to do with any of it? Its hilarious what must be going in in your crazy little minds... "this must be their fault...somehow..."

bawtryneal

Well I'm always glass half full. Am always feeling confident going into a new season too.

No need to panic yet.
I'm the same, always glass half full.
Must be terrible going through life glass half empty.
Judging TM and MV now is like judging somebody's report when it is only half complete. In the whole of the PL and FL 75% of pre season transfers will happen in the next two weeks.

pipkin73

Pogba to Man Utd still not finalised, yet eveyone thinks it's a done dea.l 105 million and yet still not confirmed after 2 months or more. Why? because Juventus have said he won't go until they have replacements (same as TM has said about some of his targets). TM has the same probs, player will only come once officialy OUT of the old club. He has said many times he is waiting for other things to happen at other clubs before he can get his (1st, 2nd, eight or ninght singings).

Should he just buy any old shit so we have them now (but atleast they were here for pre-season).

Give him the time it takes, (last season we were crap pre-season). We were crap pre-season, but top of league 1 once the season got going, give him a chance to buid a stonger team and learn from his mistakes, (this year he has scouts working for him) also he signed players end of last season FOR this season so they count as new signings (he was just quicker getting them than other teams).

Yes, we faded at xmas like normal but give him a chance to put that right. Last signings poss Septemper so why all the pressure for July, if he gets them right then great and we can go up, gets it wrong then like coleman etc before him he wil be gone..

Just give him the chance before you slag players off etc. Buy a Donkey in July or a great league 1 player in September because you never rushed. Loads of time left, in TM i trust.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread