1m incoming (1 Viewer)

Sbarcher

He’s holding back the little bugger! They scored 8 but he only got 2 in the last game. Thought he would be a little more appreciative after all we have done for him.

slowpoke

This almost has to be the football deal of the century and it’s financed the squad we have now and more to come when he moves on we also have the Hamer millions in our war choice, is there knock on extra money there.

Flying Fokker

This almost has to be the football deal of the century and it’s financed the squad we have now and more to come when he moves on we also have the Hamer millions in our war choice, is there knock on extra money there.
I won’t feel that if he goes for 80m plus. Sporting’s profit will be greater than our combined totals.

Ashdown

Very true but imagine if we had got to the Prem, we could have kept him, Hamer ,the new boys and one or two others.🤔

Astute

I won’t feel that if he goes for 80m plus. Sporting’s profit will be greater than our combined totals.
But on the other hand we took a 1m gamble. We've got 20x our gamble back. Still more to come if/when he is sold if he goes for a high amount. They took a 20m gamble.

At least the days are gone of selling players like Madders for a pittance then seeing them go for big money.

procdoc

I was talking about Gyokeres last night and I said that it was a genius move going to Sporting Lisbon. He’s gone to arguably a weaker standard of league, banged in shit loads of goals and assists and will probably go for 80 million plus.

Grendel

But on the other hand we took a 1m gamble. We've got 20x our gamble back. Still more to come if/when he is sold if he goes for a high amount. They took a 20m gamble.

At least the days are gone of selling players like Madders for a pittance then seeing them go for big money.

without the Maddison sale we’d have gone bust.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I was talking about Gyokeres last night and I said that it was a genius move going to Sporting Lisbon. He’s gone to arguably a weaker standard of league, banged in shit loads of goals and assists and will probably go for 80 million plus.
Seems to be about league 1/league 2 standard in the bottom half of the league

SkyBlue_Bear83

The £80m valuation defies logic as this should be known by the recruitment teams of top clubs? I won’t believe this until that amount is actually paid.
You would think so but plenty of players have gone from the Portuguese league for big big money. Maybe it depends on how he performs in Europe?
Either way I think it will be £50-60 million fee at least if he leaves.

Happy_Martian

Yay, we get £1m if he scores again

Oh but something that people have forgotten, doesn't the sell-on also go down from 15% to 10% ?

AOM

Sorry. What the fuck is that square right in the middle of the goal??

They say in the video what the patch is, but it's hard to understand. I think college football is played on the same pitch so that's maybe where the American football post will be?

shmmeee

They say in the video what the patch is, but it's hard to understand. I think college football is played on the same pitch so that's maybe where the American football post will be?

Makes sense. But why? Why not just move the pitch in a yard? Madness to have a raised metal square essentially in the middle of the goal line. Bloody yanks.

• Haha
Reactions: AOM

Sbarcher

Seems to be about league 1/league 2 standard in the bottom half of the league
The top 3 clubs in that league have won 43 out of 45 points in their last 5 games, 14 wins and 1 draw. About as competitive as the Scottish Prem.

AOM

Makes sense. But why? Why not just move the pitch in a yard? Madness to have a raised metal square essentially in the middle of the goal line. Bloody yanks.

Should be a Robot Wars style flame pit to make it more exciting

Users who are viewing this thread