1995 (1 Viewer)

JulianDarbyFTW

Just having a sort out and found an old program from 1995. Squad list on the back shows luminaries such as Ally Pickering, Willie Boland and very old versions of Gary Gillespie and Peter Shilton. However, squad number 21 was held by Carlita. To be honest, I can't remember the guy and can't even find him on Wikipedia. Anyone able to give me an idea of who he is, and what he was like?

P.S. Squad number 29 (GK) was Colin Huntwick, who I also can't remember!

CJ_covblaze

I'm delving into the depths of my memory and I can't recall them either.

CJ_covblaze

Actually now I've seen that I'm sure I remember his name and profile being mentioned a few years ago when Boavista played at the Ricoh. Maybe in the CT.

henry the wasp

He played in a few pre season friendlies. Never got near the first team I dont think after that. Always remember him as Carlita not Calita.
Can't recall that gk at all.

hill83

A perfect example of when being able to spell a players name correctly is handy.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Definately scope for more jokes here!

ccfctommy

I started going up in 1995. John Filan was the keeper as Oggy broke his leg. I used to get autographs off the players and met Carlita. He looked like Mr Bean and simply wrote his name down when asked for an autograph!

shmmeee

I remember him! That was prime, "writing out the potential CCFC squads for the next 3 years in the back of my Geography book" time, I had a scary knowledge of all the players.

Was named Carlos Batista I think originally, then changed his name to be like those cool Brazilians.

steveecov

I remember him! That was prime, "writing out the potential CCFC squads for the next 3 years in the back of my Geography book" time, I had a scary knowledge of all the players.

Was named Carlos Batista I think originally, then changed his name to be like those cool Brazilians.

My daughter must have been in that same Geography class. She thinks Japan is directly across the water from Yarmouth.

KG7

He never played, but yep, he was Carlos Batista when he joined and then was credited as Carlita.

Colonel Mustard

I remember Carlita. He was part of the first Richardson/Atkinson splurge. There was a group of around five or six players brought in around that time, with the jewel in the crown being John Salako. Kids drawing up their Ideal XI would have Carlita and Salako on the wings, but the former fast disappeared into the reserves and then into history. One of many baffling signings we saw during those years...

torchomatic

Users who are viewing this thread