1987/88 Cup Winners Cup (1 Viewer)

M&B Stand

Always thought we’d have had a great chance in that.
I know Everton fans believe they’d have won the European Cup had it not been for their neighbours at Heysel.

tisza

Don't know how well we'd have done but just the opportunity to have been able to have a City European away trip would have been spectacular.
Did England away a bit in the 90s but City would have been even more memorable.

Terry_dactyl

Always thought we’d have had a great chance in that.
I know Everton fans believe they’d have won the European Cup had it not been for their neighbours at Heysel.
Controversial!
As a young student i was drunkenly chatting about all things football with a Liverpool fan in the student union. At one point I said something like, “well, of course we missed out on Europe cos of you lot”...not my finest moment.
Anyway, Next thing I know he’s gone fucking mental. Offering me all sorts of violence. Absolutely lost it. I was ushered away by my mates and he was given the old heave-ho by the security staff.
I didn’t think to highlight that this only goes to show what Liverpool fans are like until about 25 years later, when I started retelling the story on a Cov forum. Damn!!!

theferret

We would have had a great chance. When you consider Dundee United reached the UEFA Cup final in 87 having knocked out Barcelona, you realise how different things were then.

Didn't Mechelen of Belgium win it in 88?

We'll never know of course, but it would have been nice to have had that opportunity.

M&B Stand

Controversial!
As a young student i was drunkenly chatting about all things football with a Liverpool fan in the student union. At one point I said something like, “well, of course we missed out on Europe cos of you lot”...not my finest moment.
Anyway, Next thing I know he’s gone fucking mental. Offering me all sorts of violence. Absolutely lost it. I was ushered away by my mates and he was given the old heave-ho by the security staff.
I didn’t think to highlight that this only goes to show what Liverpool fans are like until about 25 years later, when I started retelling the story on a Cov forum. Damn!!!

Thus reinforcing your point. Always the victims never their fault

clint van damme

Controversial!

c**t had a nerve getting arsey. What you said was spot on.
I'm 100 percent behind the JT96 campaign because they are in the right but you can't have it both ways.
Heysel was down to them.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Controversial!
Exactly that behaviour that got us kicked out of Europe

fatso

Look lads, you just cant criticise liverpool, after all they are always the victims.

Users who are viewing this thread